Just watched some basic highlights

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Just watched some basic highlights

Post by the big IP » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:53 am

Shocked at the crowd

Probably weather and fuel based

ZENITH R

Re: Just watched some basic highlights

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:05 am

It was 12,257

More than we had for Barnsley (11,882) and more than were away at Hull (10,728) and Bournemouth (10,494).

Taking in to account ... it was mid week, the weather and the fuel issues, it wasn't that bad.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

volpone
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by volpone » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:55 am

Attendance looked less but fair enough. Fuel shortages definitely played into it. Roads were quiet yesterday and am sure after the run of games we’ve had, this was the one some decided to skip. Ellerslie looked fairly full but SAR had big gaps.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:11 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:05 am
It was 12,257

More than we had for Barnsley (11,882) and more than were away at Hull (10,728) and Bournemouth (10,494).

Taking in to account ... it was mid week, the weather and the fuel issues, it wasn't that bad.
I don't think it was anywhere near that personally. Season ticket holders are counted whether they're present or not, and there were quite a few regulars missing around us who would normally be there even in midweek. The weather didn't really get too bad until the game was in progress, so I think it was largely down to the fuel issues, plus the fact you can now sit at home and watch it for a tenner. That rain was properly biblical though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:54 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:11 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:05 am
It was 12,257

I don't think it was anywhere near that personally. Season ticket holders are counted whether they're present or not, and there were quite a few regulars missing around us who would normally be there even in midweek. The weather didn't really get too bad until the game was in progress, so I think it was largely down to the fuel issues, plus the fact you can now sit at home and watch it for a tenner. That rain was properly biblical though.
Yep, at kick off it looked like 8-9k crowd but it definitely filled up as the game went on and I thought it looked around 12k. Yam Yams not being allowed the School Lower impacts on the figures too. Agree about the intensity of the weather. :D
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.