BONNE SCORES AGAIN

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

arrystottle
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

BONNE SCORES AGAIN

Post by arrystottle » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:13 pm

Six goals now this season and his involvement i saturdays equaliser v sheff weds is well worth a look on you tube

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Re: BONNE SCORES AGAIN

Post by Hanuhoff » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:16 pm

I saw that at the weekend. Top level shit housery. It was great!

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:01 pm

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:08 pm

Scored his 8th of the season today.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:10 am

From Bonne Voyage to Bonne Vivant!
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

arrystottle
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by arrystottle » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:35 pm

Can we recall him at Christmas if we need him he will be on 20 by then at this rate

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:37 pm

He's banging them in in League One, which based on what we saw from him last season is his level. He's also playing for his hometown club, who have one of the biggest budgets in the league. Plus, scoring goals isn't really a problem for us.

But you know, other than that, I couldn't really agree with you less
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

arrystottle
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by arrystottle » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:18 pm

Goals are goals and no matter what level ,we have seen plenty of players move up levels and carry on scoring and if our goals were to dry up I don’t see why he couldn’t be an option

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Oct 09, 2021 7:17 pm

He’s benefitting from regular game time. There’s no prospect of him getting that at QPR as things stand.

Personally I would have sold him, but a good loan spell will increase our chances of cutting our losses on him.

Seems like a win-win to me.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:34 am

We used him mainly as a substitute (out of 44 games he was eligible for - he started 9 and was a sub on 26 occasions, and was subbed in all but 4 of those 9 starts).

That would not do his confidence any good, and strikers need to be confident. Bonne scored three goals last year - all away from home, and all from the 87th minute onwards. Considering our leading goalscorer last season scored 12 and played a lot more football, I think Bonne probably didn't get a fair chance.

He is scoring goals in a poor Ipswich side, which says he has talent. I'm not sure how you shoe horn him into our attack at the moment, but I think he definitely has something to offer, and would give him another chance, before writing him off.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:27 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:34 am
We used him mainly as a substitute (out of 44 games he was eligible for - he started 9 and was a sub on 26 occasions, and was subbed in all but 4 of those 9 starts).

That would not do his confidence any good, and strikers need to be confident. Bonne scored three goals last year - all away from home, and all from the 87th minute onwards. Considering our leading goalscorer last season scored 12 and played a lot more football, I think Bonne probably didn't get a fair chance.

He is scoring goals in a poor Ipswich side, which says he has talent. I'm not sure how you shoe horn him into our attack at the moment, but I think he definitely has something to offer, and would give him another chance, before writing him off.
##

I agree. He often came on and got on the end of chances. I quite like him and would have preferred to have kept him as one of our three striking options.
Come on you Sooopa ........