Match Thread: West Bromwich Albion v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: West Bromwich Albion v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Wegerle » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:53 pm

A lot of slipping and falling over by our players today.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:59 pm

It's not even October yet….lots of time to get back to winning.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:09 pm

I just fear as we keep on making mistakes which keep losing us games. Deung was one to forget and changed the whole game. They never looked like scoring until he handed them one on a plate and frankly what was Chair doing trying to beat two men at that point of the pitch. Bristol City , Bournemouth, WBA all three games we should of won or at least drawn. It is not good when a team conjures defeat out of victory. Yes we look great but we keep losing.Sorry to point out but we could be around bottom half tomorrow. We have to stop these unforced errors. What Deung was doing who knows but make a routine save and we probably win. And now Johansen has a hamstring and our two left backs are out. It must be soul destroying for the players to put so much in then schoolboy stuff ruins 89 minutes of hard work.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:11 pm

Difficult to take. Can accept being beaten by the better team difficult to take beating ourselves. Two games against the bookies favourites for promotion on their own ground and they are screaming for the final whistle.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:34 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:09 pm
I just fear as we keep on making mistakes which keep losing us games. Deung was one to forget and changed the whole game. They never looked like scoring until he handed them one on a plate and frankly what was Chair doing trying to beat two men at that point of the pitch. Bristol City , Bournemouth, WBA all three games we should of won or at least drawn. It is not good when a team conjures defeat out of victory. Yes we look great but we keep losing.Sorry to point out but we could be around bottom half tomorrow. We have to stop these unforced errors. What Deung was doing who knows but make a routine save and we probably win. And now Johansen has a hamstring and our two left backs are out. It must be soul destroying for the players to put so much in then schoolboy stuff ruins 89 minutes of hard work.
Dieng. His name’s Dieng. The relentless negativity is excruciating enough, but at least make the effort to get the bloke’s name right.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

nic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by nic » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:14 pm

Hard to take today.

But also need to keep perspective.

Dieng has been amazing, and got us the win against Everton.

We have to support him for one mistake, as painful as it is.

Same goes for our defenders.

We will have a good run where we beat 3/4 in a row.

Right now just feels like for all our creative players it is a bit too obvious how to unpick us at the back.

Unless we can find ways to take the pressure of the defence we will continue to concede two a game.

What worries me is that this has been the gaffer’s Achilles heel at every club he has managed. So not that much evidence he really knows how to sort it out.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:39 am

Let's not forget this team, is still gelling and growing together. Sure, it's a poor run of results, particularly considering the performances but I'm sure they will learn and come back stronger for the experience. Keep the faith.

(Was it just me or did Darnell have a bit of a 'Bertie Big B****cks' scowling attitude tonight?)
Question everything.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:17 am

Alot on twitter to dislike - some people are really fickle. All over the team with the results like the Everton Cup game and criticism fires out with results like last night.

Thought Chair worked hard for the team last night without necessarily gaining reward. The ball got played into him with a defender behind him.and one way to go where other WBA players were waiting. Barbet played the ball into him and moved forwards to an area where a WBA was already marking and Chair's angle for receiving the ball was going to make the return ball difficult. We lost that as a team and it was frustrating as that WBA team just wanted to spoil our game when we had possession.

I was surprised that Gray stayed on for as long as he did as I thought his tanks emptied quite rapidly during the second half.

I thought the team put up a good fight in a difficult environment - didn't roll over and couldn't be prouder of them. Good luck to WBA with that style of footie - how much did that squad coat to assemble and that's the quality of output? 🤔

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:19 am

Apologies for the spelling! Was just so frustrated. He is a great keeper , just a shame he made that error at that time. Was a big moment and without it chances are we would of won. Instead we have another loss and a hatful of injuries.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:49 am

Bitterly disappointed. We did enough to take something from the game but again had it snatched away at the last moment. I've read people's analysis on here and elsewhere, and listened to Warburton's post match interview but I still don't really understand why we keep conceding late in the game. It feels like something is missing and I can't put my finger on it.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:04 am

I thought with two up top that we would make possession stick up there a bit in the later stages but, it seemed to come back far too quickly and too often. Gray looked like he was running on fumes part way through the second half.

qprphilip

Post by qprphilip » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:54 am

So disappointed with that, we get in great positions, yet fail to deliver time after time. We have a solid squad of players, playing mostly good football but the bottom line is we are not winning matches we should do. WBA were no great shakes last night, but neither were we tbh, we must learn how to win games, otherwise I can see a bottom half finish to the league.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:21 am

qprphilip wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:54 am
So disappointed with that, we get in great positions, yet fail to deliver time after time. We have a solid squad of players, playing mostly good football but the bottom line is we are not winning matches we should do. WBA were no great shakes last night, but neither were we tbh, we must learn how to win games, otherwise I can see a bottom half finish to the league.
In other news rain is wet. :roll:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:15 pm

qprphilip wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:54 am
Breaker Breaker, this is pessimism.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:13 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:39 am
Let's not forget this team, is still gelling and growing together. Sure, it's a poor run of results, particularly considering the performances but I'm sure they will learn and come back stronger for the experience. Keep the faith.

(Was it just me or did Darnell have a bit of a 'Bertie Big B****cks' scowling attitude tonight?)
Business as usual, I was glad to see him go. He cost me £565 a couple of seasons ago by putting his foot in in injury time and giving awaay a pen.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare