Match Thread: West Bromwich Albion v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: West Bromwich Albion v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:23 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:15 pm
qprphilip wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:54 am
So disappointed with that, we get in great positions, yet fail to deliver time after time. We have a solid squad of players, playing mostly good football but the bottom line is we are not winning matches we should do. WBA were no great shakes last night, but neither were we tbh, we must learn how to win games, otherwise I can see a bottom half finish to the league.
Breaker Breaker, this is pessimism.
I'm not sure what kind of reaction you, Uxbridge and Esox are expecting, yes we aren't Man City or Bayern
but also we aren't Corinthian Casuals in relishing a morally infused defeat.
Ifang Bondi

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:48 pm

For the umpteenth time, it's not being negative that's the issue. It's people who literally never have a good word to say when the team's doing well, but can't wait to criticize when we lose a couple of games. We were the third best team in the division in the second half of last season, but one poster here only piped up when we lost at home to Derby and Barnsley. I genuinely can't get my head around that kind of "support"
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:52 pm

qprphilip wrote:
So disappointed with that, we get in great positions, yet fail to deliver time after time. We have a solid squad of players, playing mostly good football but the bottom line is we are not winning matches we should do. WBA were no great shakes last night, but neither were we tbh, we must learn how to win games, otherwise I can see a bottom half finish to the league.
Two of the three defeats have been away to two of the division's promotion favourites. We should have beaten Bristol City for sure, but I don't see any reason to panic just yet.

qprphilip

Post by qprphilip » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:12 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:52 pm
qprphilip wrote:
Two of the three defeats have been away to two of the division's promotion favourites. We should have beaten Bristol City for sure, but I don't see any reason to panic just yet.
I'm sure not panicking, as I've said we have what looks like a great squad of players, the best imo for a few years. I'm sure we'll get back on track, I'm just disappointed in the manner we lost the last three games. Mistakes happen on the pitch, I don't blame anyone for that, they don't do it on purpose.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:57 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:52 pm
qprphilip wrote:
Indeed and who now sit in 1st & 2nd place.
Question everything.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:47 am

Just a wobble.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:25 pm

To be fair had we won those last three games, just think how bad the disappointment would be when we lost.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:28 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:48 pm
For the umpteenth time, it's not being negative that's the issue. It's people who literally never have a good word to say when the team's doing well, but can't wait to criticize when we lose a couple of games. We were the third best team in the division in the second half of last season, but one poster here only piped up when we lost at home to Derby and Barnsley. I genuinely can't get my head around that kind of "support"
What he said.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:57 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:28 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:48 pm
What he said.
It's easier to comment on what's gone wrong, or changes that may be needed etc. I don't have a problem with people saying what they think and most "negative" posts have made valid points. I personally don't like seeing players slated, even when there may be some justification, but that's a personal thing.

I'd hate to see critical posts, or posters who tend to be critical, driven away from this site. How about we try and stick to commenting on the substance of posts rather than on the posters?

Mark C
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Mark C » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:57 pm

I'd hate to see critical posts, or posters who tend to be critical, driven away from this site. How about we try and stick to commenting on the substance of posts rather than on the posters?
that ship sailed many years ago I'm afraid, just look how dead this place is now compared to 4 or 5 years back. It's no coincidence that the same old small group of sanctimonious helmets are still here shouting at anyone who has an opinion that might have negative conotations in it whether its just slightly or a full on rant...I guess they've got what they want, which is a dead-arse message board for them to all skulk about in with little to no opposition, bravo lads, bra-f*cking-vo

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:21 pm

Mark C wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm
[quote=DroopStreetOldBoys post_id=886811 time=<a href="tel:1632679056">1632679056</a> user_id=4114]

that ship sailed many years ago I'm afraid, just look how dead this place is now compared to 4 or 5 years back. It's no coincidence that the same old small group of sanctimonious helmets are still here shouting at anyone who has an opinion that might have negative conotations in it whether its just slightly or a full on rant...I guess they've got what they want, which is a dead-arse message board for them to all skulk about in with little to no opposition, bravo lads, bra-f*cking-vo
[/quote]

Uncalled for

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:01 am

Mark C wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm
DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:57 pm

What a short memory you have. I was regularly criticised for years for my perceived negativity during the Briatore regime and the first few years under Fernandes, when anyone who wasn’t “just enjoying the ride” was a target. Now apparently I’m not negative enough.

As I recall, you threw around plenty of abuse at posters who disagreed with you when you were a regular here. There's very little of that these days.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:31 am

Wobble. blowup
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare