Derby County

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 1008
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:17 pm
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Derby County

Post by Danish Ranger » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:59 am

……….. enters administration and receives 12 points deduction

Can they avoid relegation ??

User avatar
n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1710
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:09 am
Location: Northern Britain

Re: Derby County

Post by n22hoop » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:48 am

They could but it's unlikely I think. They're already a poor side.

Feel for the fans as it's no fun.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1761
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: Derby County

Post by QPR-NI » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:12 am

21 points apparently.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9613
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Derby County

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Rumours are circulating Reading are likely to be hit with a points deduction too. This for financial misdeeds.

It begs the question ...

What would have been better ...

A points deduction, that probably would have relegated us to Division One or the £20,000,000 fine over 10 years we were given?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4170
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: Derby County

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:09 pm

According to this site our fine was double that...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Queens_ ... angers.htm

What was the correct figure? and if it was indeed £40m I have to assume it's still an albatross
around our necks.

I know a few Derby fans and if we're anything to go by they and the fake hoops are gonna be
properly clobbered.
Ifang Bondi

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4061
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Derby County

Post by Satch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:10 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:09 pm
According to this site our fine was double that...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Queens_ ... angers.htm

What was the correct figure? and if it was indeed £40m I have to assume it's still an albatross
around our necks.

I know a few Derby fans and if we're anything to go by they and the fake hoops are gonna be
properly clobbered.
Was it 20 and 20 suspended? I think the shareholders agreed it would be covered in full by them. Obviously their isn't endless money (other than Amit's father in law) so it can't help but i don't think it's a debt liability. Given than we're fairly hamstrung by FFP still anyway it's probably isn't funds we'd be able to use.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21692
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Derby County

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:50 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:09 pm
According to this site our fine was double that...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Queens_ ... angers.htm

What was the correct figure? and if it was indeed £40m I have to assume it's still an albatross
around our necks.

I know a few Derby fans and if we're anything to go by they and the fake hoops are gonna be
properly clobbered.
I thought the eventual fine and time frame for payment was common knowledge?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
BristolCity
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 134
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:27 pm

Re: Derby County

Post by BristolCity » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:09 pm
According to this site our fine was double that...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Queens_ ... angers.htm

What was the correct figure? and if it was indeed £40m I have to assume it's still an albatross
around our necks.

I know a few Derby fans and if we're anything to go by they and the fake hoops are gonna be
properly clobbered.
IIRC whilst that was the headline fine either £20m or £30m was not required to be paid outside of the club but was rather a requirement to convert that amount of debt to equity.

Which I thought an intelligent approach as that costs the club's owners money rather than the club; and actually helps the club's finances through reducing its debt burden.


Edit: or I suppose I could have just looked it up!

QPR have agreed a settlement of almost £42m with the English Football League after an arbitration panel dismissed the Championship club's claims that Financial Fair Play rules are unlawful.

The settlement includes a £17m fine, paying £3m of the EFL's legal costs and the agreement from club shareholders to write off £22m of outstanding loans.
QPR are my second team - not many Bristol City fans can say that!

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10590
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Derby County

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:19 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 pm
Rumours are circulating Reading are likely to be hit with a points deduction too. This for financial misdeeds.

It begs the question ...

What would have been better ...

A points deduction, that probably would have relegated us to Division One or the £20,000,000 fine over 10 years we were given?
Bigger or similar sized clubs to ours have been trying to get out of League One for years. Portsmouth are in their fifth season there, Sunderland their fourth and Ipswich their third. Charlton have been there for four of the last five seasons, and it took Sheffield United six to get back to the Championship. Anyone who thinks it would be easy to bounce back is kidding themselves.

I maintain that we got off lightly with a £17M fine over 10 years, given the money we made from promotion to the PL.

For all their previous mistakes, we should also be grateful that our owners took the punishment on the chin and didn't leave the club in the lurch as Mel Morris has done at Derby.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5487
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Derby County

Post by 222gers » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:42 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:19 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:01 pm
Rumours are circulating Reading are likely to be hit with a points deduction too. This for financial misdeeds.

It begs the question ...

What would have been better ...

A points deduction, that probably would have relegated us to Division One or the £20,000,000 fine over 10 years we were given?
Bigger or similar sized clubs to ours have been trying to get out of League One for years. Portsmouth are in their fifth season there, Sunderland their fourth and Ipswich their third. Charlton have been there for four of the last five seasons, and it took Sheffield United six to get back to the Championship. Anyone who thinks it would be easy to bounce back is kidding themselves.

I maintain that we got off lightly with a £17M fine over 10 years, given the money we made from promotion to the PL.

For all their previous mistakes, we should also be grateful that our owners took the punishment on the chin and didn't leave the club in the lurch as Mel Morris has done at Derby.
I quite agree. We took just a few years to rejoin the Championship but many struggle for longer.
Whereas promotion used to be desirable it's become almost a necessity now caused in large part by players' wages. This situation is secondary to the knock-on effect of Premiership wages and the influence of sky.

qprphilip
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:01 pm
Location: Kent

Re: Derby County

Post by qprphilip » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:18 pm

As much as people wanted to get rid of some our board, they didn't throw the towel in.

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5340
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Derby County

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:59 pm

qprphilip wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:18 pm
As much as people wanted to get rid of some our board, they didn't throw the towel in.
[/quotthe board has been bloody brilliant.. just my view..they tried earlier to make us a solid premiership club.. then they have supported us ever since. Nothing to complain about.
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Post Reply