Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9566
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by ZENITH R » Sun May 30, 2021 4:09 pm

Blackpool have won the play offs.

So, lets hope ...

It's a weekend fixture
It's not in the depths of winter
Away fans are allowed to attend.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21646
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon May 31, 2021 1:18 pm

Last time I went, I booked a room in the hotel for the weekend and got to see us win and a Matty Phillips goal. I also got to see what a prick Tom Ince is close up; a woman with a young child came up to him and asked for a picture and an autograph for her daughter and he refused saying he had ordered food and it was on it's way. I was sat chatting to Michael Chopra at the time and he was not impressed at all, didn't have a good word to say about him.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10533
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon May 31, 2021 2:12 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:18 pm
Last time I went, I booked a room in the hotel for the weekend and got to see us win and a Matty Phillips goal. I also got to see what a prick Tom Ince is close up; a woman with a young child came up to him and asked for a picture and an autograph for her daughter and he refused saying he had ordered food and it was on it's way. I was sat chatting to Michael Chopra at the time and he was not impressed at all, didn't have a good word to say about him.
You're such a namedropper, Esox :lol:

As for Ince the younger, the apple doesn't fall from the tree, and all that.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10533
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon May 31, 2021 2:15 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Blackpool have won the play offs.

So, lets hope ...

It's a weekend fixture
It's not in the depths of winter
Away fans are allowed to attend.
It'll be midweek in December or January. Nailed on. I quite fancied a visit to Lincoln myself. Another ground to tick off the list.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5428
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by 222gers » Mon May 31, 2021 2:25 pm

I fancy a weekend at the seaside, but it wouldn't be Blackpool !

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9566
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by ZENITH R » Mon May 31, 2021 7:13 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:25 pm
I fancy a weekend at the seaside, but it wouldn't be Blackpool !
Bournemouth?

Or there is always ... Hull! :D
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
ZENITH R
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9566
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:40 pm
Location: North Derbyshire

Re: Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by ZENITH R » Mon May 31, 2021 7:19 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:18 pm
Last time I went, I booked a room in the hotel for the weekend and got to see us win and a Matty Phillips goal. I also got to see what a prick Tom Ince is close up; a woman with a young child came up to him and asked for a picture and an autograph for her daughter and he refused saying he had ordered food and it was on it's way. I was sat chatting to Michael Chopra at the time and he was not impressed at all, didn't have a good word to say about him.
Tom Ince another footballer whose career is quietly going nowhere. From Liverpool to a loan at Luton in nine easy steps.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21646
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon May 31, 2021 7:29 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:12 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 1:18 pm
Last time I went, I booked a room in the hotel for the weekend and got to see us win and a Matty Phillips goal. I also got to see what a prick Tom Ince is close up; a woman with a young child came up to him and asked for a picture and an autograph for her daughter and he refused saying he had ordered food and it was on it's way. I was sat chatting to Michael Chopra at the time and he was not impressed at all, didn't have a good word to say about him.
You're such a namedropper, Esox :lol:

As for Ince the younger, the apple doesn't fall from the tree, and all that.
I think he was surprised that I recognised him but he was all up for a chat, came across as a decent bloke.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5792
Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 2:56 pm
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Who fancies a weekend at the seaside?

Post by deadendjob » Mon May 31, 2021 9:53 pm

God Blackpool's a shit hole
Image

Post Reply