What a terrible day ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

What a terrible day ...

Post by ZENITH R » Sat May 29, 2021 9:01 pm

And we weren't even playing.

:(
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: What a terrible day ...

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 29, 2021 9:15 pm

Feel for Will Pound on Twitter who is currently having a new 4rse ripped for a tweet that predicted doom for our neighbours yesterday....

Andy_N19 must be ringing the samaritans right now....

The upside is Man City for all its riches can't buy the European Champions League no matter what....

My heart bleeds for the Gallagher brothers 💔 tonight.... 🤣🤣🤣
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat May 29, 2021 9:40 pm

Two shit teams from down the road did something sick

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun May 30, 2021 2:00 am

Personally I am not really bothered about todays results, better teams won.

Chelsea are light years ahead of us.

If I was going to be bothered about anything it would be comparing what Brentford have achieved in the past ten years compared to us.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sun May 30, 2021 5:10 am

Like 86...it never happened :wink:

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun May 30, 2021 6:47 am

Their fans soon forgot the part their club played in six that tried to break away by the looks of it. Chelsea have spent their way to achieving their current position.

You think of all the young players that must go through their youth system, and the only regular player they have in their first team is Mason Mount.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun May 30, 2021 7:02 am

And the ticket collectors down the road ... well you'd say their plan worked. They now have to prove that their plan works in a different environment. If they keep the base of that team in the Premier and Thomas Frank employs the same underhand tactics and behaviours they will get slaughtered.

Quite happy to see them out of the scene for a season - find all the love in with Sky and the media quite shocking

Hopefully Canos will be shown up in his true colours and VAR should chew up their gamesmanship and spit it out.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun May 30, 2021 8:33 am

Actually, Reece James as well beg my pudding. Still stand that the FA should introduce something limiting the top clubs harvesting young players.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun May 30, 2021 9:20 am

Perhaps I'm going against the grain here but I have no ill feeling towards either Chelsea & Brentford yesterday. Both teams deserved to win by some margin. Good luck to them.

All I hope is that QPR carry on getting better and we challenge next year. That will make me happy.

Oddly enough when I'm really pissed off with football it's normally because of my own team or fellow QPR fans. Rarely anything to do with an opposing team.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun May 30, 2021 10:40 am

I've never been able to summon up any animosity towards Brentford, and I was actually quite pleased for them yesterday. They've been very good to watch for years, and have finished third in the league and made the play-off final for the last two, so it's hard to argue they haven't deserved it. It's quite an achievement on crowds of around 10k too.

As for "the underhand tactics and gamesmanship" mentioned above, I'd say as a club they're generally no more than average in the shithousery stakes, although Sergei Canos is undeniably a cheating little prick.

I still hate Chelsea though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun May 30, 2021 12:00 pm

Agreed re Canos - still remember Mbeumo conning the ref at LR - Jansson is an accident waiting to happen - if he starts in the Premier League they will have some real problems.

I also think our "model" differs to theirs - how many youth products or youth players released from othe clubs do they have in and around their first team and how many players of theirs cost transfer fees? I would say pretty much all of their starting 11 cost transfer fees.

It probably the depiction by the likes of Sky and media that gets the goat. Although Thomas Frank is more than mildly annoying ....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun May 30, 2021 12:24 pm

I feel the same about Brentford as some others do - can't get worked up about them. It'll be interesting to see how they fare in the PL and I suspect they'll be back in the Championship in two years time max.

Chelsea though I despise not only as is our 'tradition' but also for having an owner who made his money as a criminal and who funds illegal Israeli settlements on the West Bank.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun May 30, 2021 2:01 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 9:15 pm
Andy_N19 must be ringing the samaritans right now....
Right, I've just about recovered from the video nasty of last night, but like DM
I'm quite sanguine about Real "Bus Stop", they're well run and a better team than Fulham.

Chelsea I have a real dislike for:
1) Abramovitch funding illegal settlements in the West Bank
2) The history of bigotry and racism pervading The Bridge (Graham Rix, Headhunters, etc)
3) The number of fair weather fans they have and the parvenus who've latched onto their wealth/"success"

I think we have to look on yesterday as a spur to get our backsides into gear for on pitch success,
watching a bus stop in Hounslow overtake you is a massive wake up call.
Staff Benda Bilili

Albert Steptoe
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Albert Steptoe » Mon May 31, 2021 7:57 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:01 pm
I think we have to look on yesterday as a spur to get our backsides into gear for on pitch success,
Brentford's owner is 100% committed to the club, intelligent and has managed to get them two promotions and a new ground in the short time he's been there.

Our owners only ever treat the club like a sideline and our chairman was appointed because of who he is married to. Sadly I don't see the professionalism or drive necessary to get us where we need to go.

Summed up for me by Hoos thinking that sticking kids in the Loft will create the QPR supporters of the future. Not while we have days like Saturday - we're the fourth best team in West London but at least we can contest that with the Fools this season.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon May 31, 2021 8:54 am

Albert Steptoe wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 7:57 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 2:01 pm
Brentford's owner is 100% committed to the club, intelligent and has managed to get them two promotions and a new ground in the short time he's been there.

Our owners only ever treat the club like a sideline and our chairman was appointed because of who he is married to. Sadly I don't see the professionalism or drive necessary to get us where we need to go.

Summed up for me by Hoos thinking that sticking kids in the Loft will create the QPR supporters of the future. Not while we have days like Saturday - we're the fourth best team in West London but at least we can contest that with the Fools this season.
A strange sideline to have that is somewhat expensive.