"Manning has got his dream move to Swansea"

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

"Manning has got his dream move to Swansea"

Post by IJM » Sat May 29, 2021 12:27 pm

The subject title was the disingenuous comment made by our commentator (Nick London ?) just prior to our first streamed home game of the season v Forrest. Whilst I was disappointed with Manning leaving us last August, I thought this comment was petty, ill-deserved, unfair and smacked of sour grapes on behalf of London and to me he has proved to be a poor commentator all season with his constant mistakes, both in descisions made during games and his mis-identifiction of Rangers players during games - he obviously didn't prepare for games very well and was embarrassingly naive about the Rangers.

Anyway, putting that rant to one side, I will certainly be supporting Swansea this afternoon and wish both Manning and Bidwell the best of luck today especially as they are up against that 'bus stop in Hounslow mob just down the road. (I've only recently found out that my Granddad's (who died in 1972) grandparents were Welsh, so that probably make me an eighth of a Welshman !

Unfortunately I do think that our illustrious neighbours are the stonger side between the two, but I would love it, just love it (aka Kevin Keegan) if Thomas Frank and co got a bloody nose again today, so next season we really can teach these upstarts a footballing leason.

Come on you Swans............................

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Re: "Manning has got his dream move to Swansea"

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 29, 2021 1:20 pm

.....well usually I checked on Swans line up during this season to see if Ryan was on the starting eleven and I found him there very seldom....so surely he improved.....his bank account first...

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat May 29, 2021 2:29 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 1:20 pm
.....well usually I checked on Swans line up during this season to see if Ryan was on the starting eleven and I found him there very seldom....so surely he improved.....his bank account first...
I'm sure he fancied he could force his way into a team he felt had a very good chance of going up, possibly in his prefered position. Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean it was only motivated by money. Even if it was, it's his job most people change jobs for more money. We weren't in a hurry to offer him a deal when it didn't suit us.

It's a shame though, Wallace was very good for us in the second half of the season but our switch to wing-back would have suited Manning and i think we'd be stronger with him there.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 pm

It looks like mission impossible for Swansea right now. 2-0 down and down to 10 men with a little over 20 minutes to go.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat May 29, 2021 3:46 pm

At the end of the day Manning and BOS both sold us down the river, to different degrees. I know they were within their rights not to agree to new contracts but Manning seemed to turn us down in September, 10 months before his contract expired. You'd like to think that he would have committed to us for a bit longer before turning down our renewed terms.

Anyway, Swansea blowing it today will probably suit him much better as he would not have got much game time in the Prem. And if they now unload some players he will start getting more starts. So he may well be getting his 'dream move to Swansea' now that a space is likely to open up for him.
Come on you Sooopa ........

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:53 pm

I am afraid I think Manning made a mistake. One more season playing every game he could of got a prem move. Yes for one season he has made more money but not sure that will be the case over say 5 years. Agents I feel push these young guys to move in the agents best interests ie short term gain. Very often a bit of patience and the player would have done a lot better by staying. Manning has spent a season on the bench which is a season wasted

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat May 29, 2021 3:56 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:53 pm
I am afraid I think Manning made a mistake. One more season playing every game he could of got a prem move. Yes for one season he has made more money but not sure that will be the case over say 5 years. Agents I feel push these young guys to move in the agents best interests ie short term gain. Very often a bit of patience and the player would have done a lot better by staying. Manning has spent a season on the bench which is a season wasted
Agree. He was badly advised unless of course he just wanted to earn more money. He was a sure fire starter at QPR and would have played 35+ games last season. He might get a few more games next season.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 29, 2021 3:57 pm

Was always going to be a hard one.... Wanted neither to go up

Brentford are a bit like Leeds who likely should have been promoted two seasons earlier....

I suspect they may hang around the Premier League a little longer while we are still the fourth best team in the West of London ....

Tonight does not look promising..... Again I want neither to win
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat May 29, 2021 4:10 pm

Unfortunately, they're probably not going to piss away this opportunity in the same manner we did!😈
Question everything.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun May 30, 2021 6:10 pm

Nick's comment gave me a good laugh and it summed up nicely the end of the Manning saga as it was obvious he wasn't going to get regular first team football at the Swans.

I like him as a commentator too with Andy Sinton especially having heard some of the others. He makes mistakes but don't we all at work and his view is sometimes obscured. As he is one of us then the mistakes are forgiven.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun May 30, 2021 8:41 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:10 pm
Nick's comment gave me a good laugh and it summed up nicely the end of the Manning saga as it was obvious he wasn't going to get regular first team football at the Swans.
..well...most of the time Bidwell started ahead of him....and I don't consider Bidwell a great player... :roll: :roll:

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:19 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:53 pm
It doesn't seem likely that he couldn't break into the Swansea team but would have been PL ready this year.
Rbee wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 6:10 pm

I like him as a commentator too with Andy Sinton especially having heard some of the others. He makes mistakes but don't we all at work and his view is sometimes obscured. As he is one of us then the mistakes are forgiven.
At the time fans thought he'd sold himself short. I don't think it was unrealistic for him to think he could break into the Swansea team and they clearly had potential as proven by their season. He's still played at Wembley now thanks to the move. It hasn't worked out for him but i don't think anything about it was as ridiculous as our very bitter fans are making out.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:53 pm

I find it very hard to feel warmly towards players who either think they're too good for QPR or crap on the club in some other way. We've had a good few of those. There are others who have left us with only good wishes from us the fans. Eze springs to mind.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 pm

Apparently Swansea offered him five times what we were paying him.

Putting the football to one side. Who among us would turn down an offer like that?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:16 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 pm
Apparently Swansea offered him five times what we were paying him.

Putting the football to one side. Who among us would turn down an offer like that?
That's depressing.