"Manning has got his dream move to Swansea"

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Re: "Manning has got his dream move to Swansea"

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm

222gers wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:16 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:50 pm
Apparently Swansea offered him five times what we were paying him.

Putting the football to one side. Who among us would turn down an offer like that?
That's depressing.
Really? I don't know what you do for a living, but if someone offered you a job doing the same thing for five times the pay are you saying you wouldn't consider it?
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:58 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:47 pm
222gers wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:16 pm
ZENITH R wrote:

Putting the football to one side. Who among us would turn down an offer like that?
That's depressing.
Really? I don't know what you do for a living, but if someone offered you a job doing the same thing for five times the pay are you saying you wouldn't consider it?
No, not that. It's just that a team like Swansea can pay 5x what we can pay.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:19 am

ZENITH R wrote:

Hoos and Ferdinand should have, and hopefully would have, priced in a couple of these kind of moves when they adopted their new wage policy.
And if it was really 5x what we were offering, that would put him on a pretty high salary (4k --> 20k, say). I can't blame him for taking the offer, and even if we thought he was worth a few million, those kind of bids just didn't come in, if H&F are to be believed.
I don't think either side behaved badly. Manning has every right not to sign. We have every right to respond by not playing him. We got what we could for him, which was less than we hoped for, but that's the cost of getting the wage bill in order..

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:36 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
If that is true then Swansea are either the worlds worst negotiators or they were confusing Manning with Ben Chilwell.