Lumley to Boro

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Lumley to Boro

Post by Hanuhoff » Wed May 19, 2021 3:06 pm

Didn't see that coming. Quite disappointed given how well he deputised when Dieng was sent off and in the subsequent game. Not surprised Boro want him on that showing! On the plus side, does this suggest Dieng is going nowhere?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Lumley to Boro

Post by QPR_John » Wed May 19, 2021 3:10 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:06 pm
Didn't see that coming. Quite disappointed given how well he deputised when Dieng was sent off and in the subsequent game. Not surprised Boro want him on that showing! On the plus side, does this suggest Dieng is going nowhere?

I sincerely hope so unless Hoos and Ferdinand have gone mad. I think how well he deputised made him more likely to want a move. He obviously felt he was better than sitting on the bench which I don’t think anyone can disagree with.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed May 19, 2021 5:29 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:06 pm
He had a season and a half of regular first team football at this level, but has spent most of the last 16 months on the bench. He was out of contract and I can't say I blame him for looking to move on. I think he's conducted himself very professionally and you could see from his reactions during and after games this season that he's also a genuine QPR fan. I hope he does well wherever he ends up.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed May 19, 2021 5:32 pm

I think he's made the right choice there. It's a shame how poorly our fans treated him and i think a bit unfair that some are talking about him going after the money, not that i'd blame him if he did.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed May 19, 2021 5:34 pm

Satch wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:32 pm
I think he's made the right choice there. It's a shame how poorly our fans treated him and i think a bit unfair that some are talking about him going after the money, not that i'd blame him if he did.
They're forgetting the lure of the bright lights of Middlesbrough.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed May 19, 2021 5:37 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:34 pm
Satch wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 5:32 pm
They're forgetting the lure of the bright lights of Middlesbrough.
People so often do.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed May 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Big difference between going after the money and being offered the money.

‘Boro approached Joe and are able to offer higher salaries. This combined with a fresh challenge is very appealing so good luck to Joe.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed May 19, 2021 6:19 pm

Lumley's been given enough chances in the team to prove himself but has failed to do so. I don't begrudge him moving on and wish the lad all the best.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Thu May 20, 2021 9:07 am

Joe's been a good servant to the club and unlike others who were out of contract goes with best wishes on my behalf....

Dieng is No 1 (for now) and a player's career is short...

Let's have a couple of clangers as a favour when we play Boro next season please Joe! 😉
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu May 20, 2021 10:43 am

Good luck to Purdey. If he can keep his confidence up, he'll do a good job there.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare