A lesson for younger R's

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4134
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

A lesson for younger R's

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:25 pm

Well done Leicester winning the FA Cup, the Scum suffered via VAR and to be totally
honest it feels nearly like we won.

Remember, witnessing the Scum suffer and to celebrate is part of our DNA.
Have a good evening :twisted: :D :D :D
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5624
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 15, 2021 6:38 pm

Another harder lesson is GLOATING prematurely and the possibility of the same said scum winning the biggest prize in European football in two weeks...

Laugh when the season's over and they are trophy less....

Enjoy their pain and remember Ben Chilwell as it's not over till the final whistle blows....

Here endth the lesson younger R's....
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Northamptonshire

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by IJM » Sat May 15, 2021 6:39 pm

I'll probably get slaughtered for this on here, but I'm gutted to be honest. I have no love for Chelsea but those who have followed me on here over the years know of my hatred for Leicester City Football Club.

For me it's a family thing having a brother lording it over me for years saying his beloved LCFC is far better and bigger than QPR and here we go again - it's hard to stomach.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5624
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Leicester have won the FA Cup says Gary Lineker....

Now pay your back taxes
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4134
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat May 15, 2021 6:53 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:39 pm
For me it's a family thing having a brother lording it over me for years saying his beloved LCFC is far better and bigger than QPR and here we go again - it's hard to stomach.
Sorry, your brother don't count on here (with all due respect of course)
I remember when we regularly had bigger crowds than those parvenus, they are a club without principles or
scruples. f**k em!

I feel good, but as Systems said, job only half done, I trust Citeh are fired up to get one over them in
a few weeks time.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5428
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by 222gers » Sat May 15, 2021 7:28 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:43 pm
Leicester have won the FA Cup says Gary Lineker....

Now pay your back taxes
:D

User avatar
bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Chacombe, Nr Banbury

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by bigbobb » Sat May 15, 2021 11:23 pm

IJM wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:39 pm
I'll probably get slaughtered for this on here, but I'm gutted to be honest. I have no love for Chelsea but those who have followed me on here over the years know of my hatred for Leicester City Football Club.

For me it's a family thing having a brother lording it over me for years saying his beloved LCFC is far better and bigger than QPR and here we go again - it's hard to stomach.
I can appreciate the problems caused by your brother but for me my whole senior school life was blighted by Chelsea.

I went to senior school literally across the road from Stamford Bridge at the time that Osgood, Harris and co were parading themselves as the Kings of West London and when they won the cup in 1970 paraded it outside our building - not the best place to be for a QPR supporter at times. Saving grace was Bill Power was in my year and he was a hard skinhead type before he later did well in business and became our Chairman.
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6721
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by QPR_John » Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 am

bigbobb wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:23 pm
IJM wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:39 pm
I'll probably get slaughtered for this on here, but I'm gutted to be honest. I have no love for Chelsea but those who have followed me on here over the years know of my hatred for Leicester City Football Club.

For me it's a family thing having a brother lording it over me for years saying his beloved LCFC is far better and bigger than QPR and here we go again - it's hard to stomach.
I can appreciate the problems caused by your brother but for me my whole senior school life was blighted by Chelsea.

I went to senior school literally across the road from Stamford Bridge at the time that Osgood, Harris and co were parading themselves as the Kings of West London and when they won the cup in 1970 paraded it outside our building - not the best place to be for a QPR supporter at times. Saving grace was Bill Power was in my year and he was a hard skinhead type before he later did well in business and became our Chairman.
Was that Sloane

User avatar
bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Chacombe, Nr Banbury

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by bigbobb » Sun May 16, 2021 11:36 am

QPR_John wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 am
bigbobb wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:23 pm
IJM wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 6:39 pm
I'll probably get slaughtered for this on here, but I'm gutted to be honest. I have no love for Chelsea but those who have followed me on here over the years know of my hatred for Leicester City Football Club.

For me it's a family thing having a brother lording it over me for years saying his beloved LCFC is far better and bigger than QPR and here we go again - it's hard to stomach.
I can appreciate the problems caused by your brother but for me my whole senior school life was blighted by Chelsea.

I went to senior school literally across the road from Stamford Bridge at the time that Osgood, Harris and co were parading themselves as the Kings of West London and when they won the cup in 1970 paraded it outside our building - not the best place to be for a QPR supporter at times. Saving grace was Bill Power was in my year and he was a hard skinhead type before he later did well in business and became our Chairman.
Was that Sloane
It was indeed John - does that mean you knew it or have some connection?

ethink
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6721
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by QPR_John » Sun May 16, 2021 12:31 pm

bigbobb wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 11:36 am
QPR_John wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 9:47 am
bigbobb wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 11:23 pm


I can appreciate the problems caused by your brother but for me my whole senior school life was blighted by Chelsea.

I went to senior school literally across the road from Stamford Bridge at the time that Osgood, Harris and co were parading themselves as the Kings of West London and when they won the cup in 1970 paraded it outside our building - not the best place to be for a QPR supporter at times. Saving grace was Bill Power was in my year and he was a hard skinhead type before he later did well in business and became our Chairman.
Was that Sloane
It was indeed John - does that mean you knew it or have some connection?

ethink
Yes was there from 1960 to 67

User avatar
bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Chacombe, Nr Banbury

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by bigbobb » Mon May 17, 2021 10:34 am

Was that Sloane
[/quote]

It was indeed John - does that mean you knew it or have some connection?

ethink
[/quote]

Yes was there from 1960 to 67
[/quote]
:D Excellent, I was 1965 to 1970 - you presumably experienced my pain too when it came to fandom! :wink:

http://sloanegrammar.co.uk/

I couldn't stop myself commenting when the old boys started whinging about the Cup Final and VAR - which I've suddenly taken a liking to :twisted:
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

User avatar
222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5428
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:55 pm
Location: LONDON

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by 222gers » Mon May 17, 2021 11:35 am

bigbobb wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 10:34 am
Was that Sloane
It was indeed John - does that mean you knew it or have some connection?

ethink
[/quote]

Yes was there from 1960 to 67
[/quote]
:D Excellent, I was 1965 to 1970 - you presumably experienced my pain too when it came to fandom! :wink:

http://sloanegrammar.co.uk/

I couldn't stop myself commenting when the old boys started whinging about the Cup Final and VAR - which I've suddenly taken a liking to :twisted:
[/quote]

Known to some as Slow Annie, whereas St Clement Danes was disparagingly known as Rusty Anchor. Henry Compton was known as Henry's Holiday Camp.

Strange days.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4134
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon May 17, 2021 2:21 pm

Really interesting seeing you West London guys reminiscing about the schools around there,
I'm an East-Ender, but the other day Robert Elms (Rangers fan of course) mentioned on his show that
working class west London has almost disappeared.

Is this true? Or is it only retained purely by fans of Fulham, Rangers and that lot on the Kings Road?

By the way, the blue collar East End is alive and kicking for better or for worse :roll:
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
bigbobb
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1268
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:15 pm
Location: Chacombe, Nr Banbury

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by bigbobb » Mon May 17, 2021 5:26 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:21 pm
Really interesting seeing you West London guys reminiscing about the schools around there,
I'm an East-Ender, but the other day Robert Elms (Rangers fan of course) mentioned on his show that
working class west London has almost disappeared.

Is this true? Or is it only retained purely by fans of Fulham, Rangers and that lot on the Kings Road?

By the way, the blue collar East End is alive and kicking for better or for worse :roll:
OY (or is that OI....) who you calling working class? :twisted:

I lived on a road off the Westway (I still remember it as an avenue with trees before they built the flyover at the end and made it a dual carriageway) and on the 15 minute walk to the ground, although looking largely the same I suspect there are more middle class people living in the area than there used to be, certainly not all.

I used to run a Cub Pack on the edge of the Scrubs and had a theory that half the kids were there because their fathers worked at the prison and the other half because he was in there... whistle

The good old days :wink:
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink:

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5624
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: A lesson for younger R's

Post by Systemsguy » Mon May 17, 2021 9:03 pm

bigbobb wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:26 pm
Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 2:21 pm
Really interesting seeing you West London guys reminiscing about the schools around there,
I'm an East-Ender, but the other day Robert Elms (Rangers fan of course) mentioned on his show that
working class west London has almost disappeared.

Is this true? Or is it only retained purely by fans of Fulham, Rangers and that lot on the Kings Road?

By the way, the blue collar East End is alive and kicking for better or for worse :roll:
OY (or is that OI....) who you calling working class? :twisted:

I lived on a road off the Westway (I still remember it as an avenue with trees before they built the flyover at the end and made it a dual carriageway) and on the 15 minute walk to the ground, although looking largely the same I suspect there are more middle class people living in the area than there used to be, certainly not all.

I used to run a Cub Pack on the edge of the Scrubs and had a theory that half the kids were there because their fathers worked at the prison and the other half because he was in there... whistle

The good old days :wink:
West Kensington IS middle class.....

Odd pockets of working class, Holland Park for instance has a council block right by the park next to the multi millionaire pads .....

Someone who lives there whenever they got a cab, the driver was expecting a BIG tip due to the area they lived in
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

Post Reply