QPR and the European Super League

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5927
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Rbee » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:21 pm

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:56 pm
Setting aside tradition for a moment, I don't see anything wrong with the move. Sport evolves, demand changes.

It's seems inevitable that a super league will happen. Just don't expect your cake and eat it- Breakaway if you want to, but make it a complete break.

Domestic football will survive in some shape or other.
When you remove relegation and promotion it’s no longer a sport.

I don’t get who will want to watch this league, the majority must be people outside of Europe I think. Zero interest to me.

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5322
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by BiscuitRanger » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:33 pm

Rbee wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:21 pm
BiscuitRanger wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:56 pm
Setting aside tradition for a moment, I don't see anything wrong with the move. Sport evolves, demand changes.

It's seems inevitable that a super league will happen. Just don't expect your cake and eat it- Breakaway if you want to, but make it a complete break.

Domestic football will survive in some shape or other.
When you remove relegation and promotion it’s no longer a sport.

I don’t get who will want to watch this league, the majority must be people outside of Europe I think. Zero interest to me.
For sure it's not for everyone, but franchise sport is hugely popular worldwide. IPL, NFL, NBA, MLB....
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5927
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Rbee » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm

Basically the US then. The USA imposing their will on Europe.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:43 pm

Hmmm, encouraging to see Scum fans railing against the circus outside the Bridge.
Son of their fans do have principles after all.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:49 pm

Scum are withdrawing from the ESL :D
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5927
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:01 pm
Location: Swinedon

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Rbee » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:49 pm
Scum are withdrawing from the ESL :D
When the going gets tough...... :lol:

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:14 pm

Now Man City going. Dominoes and all that...
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Giorgio » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:27 pm

...Barcelona and Atl.Madrid stepping out too.....the castle of cards is crashing down....

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:35 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:27 pm
...Barcelona and Atl.Madrid stepping out too.....the castle of cards is crashing down....
Combined debt portfolio of around 2 billion US dollars, shite business model for
both clubs and Perez is a twat of the highest order.
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10946
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Damien » Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 pm

I suppose it is wishful thinking on my behalf that any sanctions will be imposed on the Six? They can star by awarding the Double to Leicester :roll:

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13895
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by dm » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 pm

Damien wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 pm
I suppose it is wishful thinking on my behalf that any sanctions will be imposed on the Six? They can star by awarding the Double to Leicester :roll:
An interesting point Damien. It'll be fascinating to see what happens.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4958
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Giorgio » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:38 pm

Damien wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 pm
I suppose it is wishful thinking on my behalf that any sanctions will be imposed on the Six? They can star by awarding the Double to Leicester :roll:
...I was thinking of something similar happening in Italy with Inter and Milan - 1st and 2nd - getting penalized and giving the title to Atalanta - now 3rd - that honestly have been playing two great seasons - last one and this one - offering entertaining football and scoring plenty of goals....

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 10946
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Damien » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:39 pm

dm wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:20 pm
Damien wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:39 pm
I suppose it is wishful thinking on my behalf that any sanctions will be imposed on the Six? They can star by awarding the Double to Leicester :roll:
An interesting point Damien. It'll be fascinating to see what happens.
The decent amongst us DM, Iive in hope that justice prevails in all parts of our lives - but rarely does. I doubt it will happen in this instance too. At least the "real supporters" of these clubs, have had a rude awakening about what plans their venal owners have for their clubs. They now need to organise to get these parasites out of English football. They have been a major part of this U-turn, and need to keep their eye on the ball(pardon the pun).

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21636
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:52 pm

Just saw on the Chelsea forum (Shed End)that Agnelli has stepped down at Juventus. :mrgreen:
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:05 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by rtastic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:21 pm

Go back to the good old days top team and top team only in the prem is represented in the Champions League like the old European cup next few teams UEFA cup and then the cup winners cup so simple but it worked well

Post Reply