QPR and the European Super League

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13897
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

QPR and the European Super League

Post by dm » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:50 am

Well, actually there is no direct link between us and this fine example of capitalism. Although, should it go ahead, the effects will felt by everyone in football including us. Quite what those effects will be remains to be seen.

Whatever the outcome, our club is thankfully well out of the way of this elite circus. Of course we are but we had our flirt with the 'big money' approach. Perhaps we will look back and be grateful that approach crashed even though it's cost us dearly. Lessons have been learnt, albeit slowly, and as supporters we still feel we have our club. QPR may be small with a ramshackle old stadium, but it's ours. Who'd want to be a fan of one of the so-called top 6 clubs this morning?

User avatar
SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 16118
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:35 pm
Location: Isle of Wight
Contact:

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by SM » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:08 am

It’s absolutely disgusting isn’t it?

Personally, I would love to see every single one of these clubs hit with ENORMOUS points deductions. I’m glad the outburst has been as fierce as it has so far, but I would make an example of them.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10519
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:24 am

If it's not good enough for Bray Wanderers, it's not good enough for us.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13897
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by dm » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:34 am

It's another step nearer this sort of world...

Image

User avatar
Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip
Posts: 21636
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 pm
Location: Banbury, Oxon.

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Esox Lucius » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 am

SM wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:08 am
It’s absolutely disgusting isn’t it?

Personally, I would love to see every single one of these clubs hit with ENORMOUS points deductions. I’m glad the outburst has been as fierce as it has so far, but I would make an example of them.
Surely signing the letter of intent is not acting in the best interests of the PL; so they could void all their results and throw them out of the league.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

User avatar
QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger
Posts: 1745
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Location: CO Tyrone Northern Ireland

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 am

Boot them out and make damn sure when they come crawling back, that they start at the bottom of the ladder.

Call their bluff.

User avatar
UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend
Posts: 10519
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by UxbridgeR » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:10 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 am
Boot them out and make damn sure when they come crawling back, that they start at the bottom of the ladder.

Call their bluff.
:like
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

User avatar
Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 2165
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:25 pm
Location: Gibraltar

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Lee Gib » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:37 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 am
Boot them out and make damn sure when they come crawling back, that they start at the bottom of the ladder.

Call their bluff.
Absolutely right.

Throw the six out of the league. Completely. Ban all players involved from representing England.

They want to come crawling back? No problem. Start in the National League North and South. Break FFP rules? Have a 12 point deduction, increasing every season. See you in a few years, flipping greedy c*nts.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 am

dm wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:50 am
Well, actually there is no direct link between us and this fine example of capitalism. Although, should it go ahead, the effects will felt by everyone in football including us. Quite what those effects will be remains to be seen.
At some point in the next 5-10 years we'll need to flirt with high finance in order to move
from a clapped out Loftus Road and at that point we'll have to scale the footy pyramid
to do that.
The proposed circus puts a kybosh on that, for us and everyone else.
Staff Benda Bilili

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6710
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by QPR_John » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:55 am

QPR-NI wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:02 am
Boot them out and make damn sure when they come crawling back, that they start at the bottom of the ladder.

Call their bluff.
100%

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13897
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by dm » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:45 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 am
dm wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:50 am
Well, actually there is no direct link between us and this fine example of capitalism. Although, should it go ahead, the effects will felt by everyone in football including us. Quite what those effects will be remains to be seen.
At some point in the next 5-10 years we'll need to flirt with high finance in order to move
from a clapped out Loftus Road and at that point we'll have to scale the footy pyramid
to do that.
The proposed circus puts a kybosh on that, for us and everyone else.
I'm not sure why you think the ESL would stop us from achieving promotion and building a new stadium? I'm not even sure the two - promotion and stadium - are necessarily linked.

User avatar
Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor
Posts: 4959
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:03 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Giorgio » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:08 pm

....I just read a statement released by Agnelli - owner/president of Juventus.....what a crock of shit..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
he makes it sound like they are doing a favour almost a sacrifice for the good of football...he says that they want to keep on playing in the Serie A too...of course with all the money they will get - as they do not have already enough (how much they paid and still pay for Ronaldo...??) - they would keep on buying the best players and kill the league....I really hope that the Italian federation keeps its stand and do not allow them - and Milan and Inter - to take part to any competition in Italy....
Last edited by Giorgio on Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4117
Joined: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:37 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:08 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:45 am
I'm not sure why you think the ESL would stop us from achieving promotion and building a new stadium? I'm not even sure the two - promotion and stadium - are necessarily linked.
They are linked, we need a few seasons in the Premiership to bolster our feeble finances and I can't see
any white knight investors ready to stump up the £80m-£100m needed to replace Loftus Road.
ESL would ultimately mean less financial pie for the likes of us to grab a few crumbs from potentially.
Staff Benda Bilili

User avatar
dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007
Posts: 13897
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:21 pm
Location: Just over the border...

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by dm » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:27 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:08 pm
dm wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:45 am
I'm not sure why you think the ESL would stop us from achieving promotion and building a new stadium? I'm not even sure the two - promotion and stadium - are necessarily linked.
They are linked, we need a few seasons in the Premiership to bolster our feeble finances and I can't see
any white knight investors ready to stump up the £80m-£100m needed to replace Loftus Road.
ESL would ultimately mean less financial pie for the likes of us to grab a few crumbs from potentially.
I can see your reasoning Andy but gaining promotion to the Prem can't be the only way to finance a new stadium. The club is going ahead with the Heston training ground so it is possible to raise finance for such infrastructure projects while in the Championship. I understand Heston will cost around £20m. Loftus Road is of course a valuable asset we'd sell to put toward the fund.

Your point about ESL getting more of football's pie may well be right which is another reason to seek finance elsewhere.

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5606
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: QPR and the European Super League

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:37 pm

I'm currently exiled in North London within walking distance of Shite Heart Layne, while walking past it on the high road after shopping....

I looked at it yesterday and it really does look so out of place by its enormity compared to the surrounding area of two up two downs.....

You wonder if this was the game plan for spuds to have a stadium that could be fit for the future ESL in whatever form it takes, a lot of their fans I know are fuming about this as domestically they now could be fcuked and will they just be whipping boys for the next however many seasons if the ESL is a shite or bust game plan for the dirty dozen...

Some fans I know however are the #imalrightjack types who look down on everyone as they now think they are the "elite".....

Strange that Jose was sacked with 6 days to a cup final (rumours abound he didn't support the ESL plan or he's using this as an out and a complete pay out of his contract, nice to see Spuds paying through the nose).

I just wonder how Klopp will fare now if the German teams are really not interested in the ESL....

Cirque Du QPR has now closed for business while Cirque Du ESL opens in its place....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

Post Reply