Match Thread: Middlesbrough v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Middlesbrough v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Satch » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:25 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:09 pm
Satch wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:55 pm
Superb result.

As Ux says, a positive GD and hopefully a top half finish would be huge achievements and a real sign of progress and along with the perfomances of young players both ones we've developed and brought in from leagues above and below us; we're hopefully becoming quite a compelling option within ou budget in the market.

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:25 pm

From the 'boro match thread...
"Wish Warnock would **** off. Can’t take another season of the same shocking ‘football’. We haven’t even had a kick for 15 minutes at home to QPR and it’s the same story every week. "

There is something to be said for a bit of stability at the club. Hopefully we won't be seeing Albert for the next few seasons on here.
*Edit. This isn't ill wishing him, as I honestly hope he is in good health. It's the unremitting criticism of the club I don't miss.
Agreed, i hope it's our sparkling form keeping him off the boards, has anyone messaged him?
WA Hoop wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:59 pm
It's a good job there's nothing hanging on this season with Austin & Dieng banned.
I'm not sure we've missed Austin, which is a great thing to be able to say, his ban is up now, right and Dieng will only get one game?
Both Charlie and Johansen possibly kick started our climb to safety but realistically we won't see either at QPR next season on loan or permanent....

We'll have a turn over of players leaving like we usually do ..... Cameron springs to mind and possibly Wallace (like him to get another season at least).

Dykes confidence is back and it's great having a striker (we own) in double figures for the first time in how long?

The problem we have is every player has his (inflated) sale price and even Dykes could be worth quite a few quid above the reported £2M we paid for him if his form continues into the Euros for Scotland, same goes for Dickie and Seny.....

I'd love to keep this squad together with some judicious buys in key areas to push on but balancing the books and the club's future feels more important to me....
I think Wallace will get another year based on his performances. We'll need some older heads too. I'm hoping the luxury of the Eze money isn't so much us having a lot to spend but not having to sell our best players just yet. I don't think we can realistically get promoted but i think another season will allow us to realise far bigger fees for Dickie and Dieng, with time i think we'll see plently of interest in Chair and Willock and i've always thought Dykes would come good. Hopefully a handfull of other players brought in will also see a good return until we're in a position to build and retain a competitive squad as it looks like Brentford have finally managed. Ferdinand is doing a fantastic job.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:39 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:25 pm
Ferdinand is doing a fantastic job.
I was one of Les Ferdinand's biggest critics when he was brought on board in late 2014 to appease fans (my opinion).

Him and Lee Hoos have done a terrific job since turning the QPR tanker round slowly but it's been torturous....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:56 pm
Definitely good to see Joe get a run - pretty we couldn't persuade him to stay and vie with Seny for the number 1 slot. Whatever the views have been in the past, he clearly has an affection for the club.

Great to see Lee Wallace get on the scores heel and can he manage another season?

Will be interested to hear how people thought George Thomas played.

Two assists from Dykes as well - hope he keeps his berth in the team despite Charlie coming back off suspension.
I was impressed with Thomas in the first half. He made some very good runs in behind their defence, although our passes rarely found him. We don't really have another midfield player who breaks beyond the forwards with pace in that way, so he might be a useful option next season if he can stay fit and get a run in the side.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:04 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 pm
Great result with 10 men. Above boro and the magical Neil Warnock.

Where's Albert?

Not been seen since the turn of the year when we signed Charlie and things on and off the pitch improved. That's the problem when all you do is criticise and spread negativity, if things are going well, you have nothing to say. Doubtless he will reappear next season if we don't have a great start.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:23 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:45 pm
Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 pm
Great result with 10 men. Above boro and the magical Neil Warnock.

Where's Albert?
:lol:
Terrorising the Boro defence wasn't he? :wink: