Match Thread: Middlesbrough v Queens Park Rangers FC

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Match Thread: Middlesbrough v Queens Park Rangers FC

Post by Montag » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:31 pm
Fantastic win. Great team performance with 10 men!👍
I second that emotion. :D Well done Rangers!
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Well done lads, hanging onnwith grit and determination. I suppose the ref had to send Dieng off but you could have made the same point about the Brentford player earlier in the season and he bloody well didn't semd him off.

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:34 pm

Well done today. Up to 10th.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by Lee Gib » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 pm

Great result with 10 men. Above boro and the magical Neil Warnock.

Where's Albert?

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:42 pm

Well done Rangers. Great result.

Well done Dykes - involved in both goals. He's turned a corner I think.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:44 pm

Forgot about the early start :oops: That sounds like a fantastic effort by all especially the defence. Big shout for Joe, who did well when he replaced Seny. What a "Jekyll and Hyde" team we are". 8)

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:44 pm

Another impressive away win, especially after going down to ten men. Two excellent saves by Lumley when he came on, which was good to see.

Would finishing the season with a positive goal difference be too much to ask for ?

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:45 pm

Lee Gib wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:41 pm

Where's Albert?
:lol:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:09 pm

That was harder work than it should have been, still good job!😎
Question everything.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:25 pm

Lee Gib wrote:

Where's Albert?
From the 'boro match thread...
"Wish Warnock would **** off. Can’t take another season of the same shocking ‘football’. We haven’t even had a kick for 15 minutes at home to QPR and it’s the same story every week. "

There is something to be said for a bit of stability at the club. Hopefully we won't be seeing Albert for the next few seasons on here.
*Edit. This isn't ill wishing him, as I honestly hope he is in good health. It's the unremitting criticism of the club I don't miss.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:40 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:25 pm
Lee Gib wrote:

Where's Albert?
"Wish Warnock would **** off. Can’t take another season of the same shocking ‘football’. We haven’t even had a kick for 15 minutes at home to QPR and it’s the same story every week. "

There is something to be said for a bit of stability at the club. Hopefully we won't be seeing Albert for the next few seasons on here.
*Edit. This isn't ill wishing him, as I honestly hope he is in good health. It's the unremitting criticism of the club I don't miss.

Another one who thinks his team is too good to mix with little old QPR

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:42 pm

Good to see Joe play well when asked....

Feeling relaxed watching the season wind down and hopefully we can all now look forward to attending matches again in August....

Cmon Rangers do us proud and keep us in the top 10' and a positive goal difference to finish the season please....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:55 pm

Superb result.

As Ux says, a positive GD and hopefully a top half finish would be huge achievements and a real sign of progress and along with the perfomances of young players both ones we've developed and brought in from leagues above and below us; we're hopefully becoming quite a compelling option within ou budget in the market.

Esox Lucius wrote:
Lee Gib wrote:

Where's Albert?

Agreed, i hope it's our sparkling form keeping him off the boards, has anyone messaged him?
WA Hoop wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:59 pm
It's a good job there's nothing hanging on this season with Austin & Dieng banned.
I'm not sure we've missed Austin, which is a great thing to be able to say, his ban is up now, right and Dieng will only get one game?

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:56 pm

Definitely good to see Joe get a run - pretty we couldn't persuade him to stay and vie with Seny for the number 1 slot. Whatever the views have been in the past, he clearly has an affection for the club.

Great to see Lee Wallace get on the scores heel and can he manage another season?

Will be interested to hear how people thought George Thomas played.

Two assists from Dykes as well - hope he keeps his berth in the team despite Charlie coming back off suspension.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:09 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:55 pm
Superb result.

As Ux says, a positive GD and hopefully a top half finish would be huge achievements and a real sign of progress and along with the perfomances of young players both ones we've developed and brought in from leagues above and below us; we're hopefully becoming quite a compelling option within ou budget in the market.

Esox Lucius wrote:
Lee Gib wrote:

Where's Albert?

Agreed, i hope it's our sparkling form keeping him off the boards, has anyone messaged him?
WA Hoop wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:59 pm
It's a good job there's nothing hanging on this season with Austin & Dieng banned.
I'm not sure we've missed Austin, which is a great thing to be able to say, his ban is up now, right and Dieng will only get one game?
Both Charlie and Johansen possibly kick started our climb to safety but realistically we won't see either at QPR next season on loan or permanent....

We'll have a turn over of players leaving like we usually do ..... Cameron springs to mind and possibly Wallace (like him to get another season at least).

Dykes confidence is back and it's great having a striker (we own) in double figures for the first time in how long?

The problem we have is every player has his (inflated) sale price and even Dykes could be worth quite a few quid above the reported £2M we paid for him if his form continues into the Euros for Scotland, same goes for Dickie and Seny.....

I'd love to keep this squad together with some judicious buys in key areas to push on but balancing the books and the club's future feels more important to me....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....