Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:28 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:56 pm
old pauline wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:50 am
I think we will look to sign 2 or 3 permanently before we think about loans (Hugill). Also, he would be a replacement for Dykes which I don't think is going to happen.

I think we will look to bring a fast winger from League One and a couple of up and coming full backs.
If Dykes continues the way he has been going in the last few weeks, we wouldn't need Hugill. I'd be more interested in getting Bonne into the team and up to a similar level of performance and goal return as Dykes.
He was on the end of a number of chances today in the U23's game vs Sheff Weds and scored the equaliser. He seems to get into good positions and maybe with 50 or so games under his belt we will see the sort of improvements we saw with Dykes. Ramkilde also started today but his contract runs out in June and I would be surprised, with the injury record, if it is renewed. There is also Kelman, Armstrong, Kendall & Mampala who will be looking to break through next season too IMO.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:45 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:28 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:56 pm
old pauline wrote:
I think we will look to sign 2 or 3 permanently before we think about loans (Hugill). Also, he would be a replacement for Dykes which I don't think is going to happen.

I think we will look to bring a fast winger from League One and a couple of up and coming full backs.
If Dykes continues the way he has been going in the last few weeks, we wouldn't need Hugill. I'd be more interested in getting Bonne into the team and up to a similar level of performance and goal return as Dykes.
He was on the end of a number of chances today in the U23's game vs Sheff Weds and scored the equaliser. He seems to get into good positions and maybe with 50 or so games under his belt we will see the sort of improvements we saw with Dykes. Ramkilde also started today but his contract runs out in June and I would be surprised, with the injury record, if it is renewed. There is also Kelman, Armstrong, Kendall & Mampala who will be looking to break through next season too IMO.
Hopefully we're in a position to get Kelman out on loan, i wouldn't want to see him spending too much time on the bench at his age. The scouting team obviously saw something in Bonne so hopefully Dykes' spike in confidence can rub off.

I don't see a huge amount of merit in signing Hugill i think we persevere with Dykes as first choice in that role. This run of form from him is massive. You'd worry with the summer to stew over his woes and the could be a tough cycle to break come next season.
old pauline wrote:

Shodipo seems to have had a decent season at Oxford, if he wasn't already ours you'd think we'd be looking at him. Adomah should have a season in him at least plus Willock who's looking better and better, even Thomas is getting a chance, albeit in different positions. I don't think winger will be a priority but much like a striker if an excellent opportunity presents itself then i'm sure the club will take it.

Hard to know if the club are still confident in Kakay and NH. I think we can persevere with Kakay but NH looks like he needs a L1 season. Wallace should have another season in him but we need some cover.

I hope we sign Field, i think he's the player we hoped we had in Goss. He also looks like he could cover CB and LWB if needed which is pretty valuable. Cameron has been notable by his absence, does this mean he's off? De Wijs looks like he's worth keeping but without breaking the bank given he does seem to pick up muscle injuries. Replacing Johansen is the biggest task facing the club and one i think is going to be very tricky.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:00 pm

West Ham youngster touted for a potential move......

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr ... sible-move

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:18 pm

guyrob07 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:00 pm
West Ham youngster touted for a potential move......

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr ... sible-move
....he is having a Eze hair style .... :D

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:00 pm

:lol:

From Teamtalk

QPR striker Lyndon Dykes has attracted interest from Fulham, West Brom and Burnley after scoring 12 goals this season.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:25 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:00 pm

From Teamtalk

QPR striker Lyndon Dykes has attracted interest from Fulham, West Brom and Burnley after scoring 12 goals this season.

Just a casual $12mil thanks :lol:

There's a few papers that've picked this up now.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:37 pm

Linked with Ryan Porteous. 22yo CB from Hibs.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Any players worth taking from Wednesday, Rotherham or Wycombe?

Maybe someone like Barry Bannan? Out of contract this year and we could do with his experience - even as a sub.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sat May 08, 2021 7:46 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:49 pm
Any players worth taking from Wednesday, Rotherham or Wycombe?

Maybe someone like Barry Bannan? Out of contract this year and we could do with his experience - even as a sub.
I think Wednesday's Josh Windass would fit into our team well. Plays ACM or striker and has pace, something Warburton has said he wants to add to the squad. Of course, whether or not Austin signs - and there are new rumours that he will - may be a factor for a signing like this.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat May 08, 2021 8:07 pm

Freddie Ladapo at Rotherham. Scored for them in both our games against us.

Equally likely however to be the next in the long line of players who have ripped us a new one only to become complete donkeys when they put the blue and white hooped shirt on ...

Tommy Doherty, Junior Hoilett, Lua Lua .....
Come on you Sooopa ........

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Sat May 08, 2021 10:49 pm

I've always rated Martyn Waghorn of Derby. Whilst sadly the Rams weren't relegated, they are a club in turmoil with their on/off saga of being sold and assuming Rooney stays on as Manager, I think the relationship between him and Waghorn is strained to say the least, so good cover for Charlie/Lyndon assuming of course that we can keep both of those next season.

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Sun May 09, 2021 7:40 am

I liked the look of Anis Mehmeti when he played against us for Wycombe. 20 years old and a bit of a raw talent. Barry Bannan would be a welcomed addition.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun May 09, 2021 8:19 am

guyrob07 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:40 am
I liked the look of Anis Mehmeti when he played against us for Wycombe. 20 years old and a bit of a raw talent. Barry Bannan would be a welcomed addition.
If we can't afford to sign Johansen, then Bannan would be a good second choice. Bannan is a little over a year older than Johansen.

My first choice would be Johansen though, I think he has been class since he arrived on loan.

So, sign Johansen and make him captain.

A little early for Santa, but .... Yes please. And while your about it - Charlie Austin too.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sun May 09, 2021 2:30 pm

Rbee wrote:

From Teamtalk

If that's so then let it be pronto. :D
Staff Benda Bilili

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun May 09, 2021 3:14 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 2:30 pm
Rbee wrote:

From Teamtalk

If that's so then let it be pronto. :D
Dykes and Austen could be a formidable front two for us next season. Dykes works hard outside the box and as we know Charlie can be a lethal finisher. I really want both of them to be with us come August.