Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Summer 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri May 28, 2021 2:52 pm

nic wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 8:16 am
Rbee wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 7:21 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:55 pm
Excellent news. Now if we can just afford his wages.
No transfer fee helps.
It now makes total sense to sign him. Buying a new player for 2 mill on lower wages and getting a free player on higher wages is the same - apart from the fact we couldn’t sell Charlie on of course.

Let’s do it !
Doesn't that rather depend on the wage differential ? I'd imagine the difference between what we're paying Bonne and Dykes and what Austin would be asking for is pretty substantial.

To put it in perspective, our current average wage is under £10k a week. Austin was reportedly on £52k at West Brom. He's highly unlikely to maintain that level with his next contract, but he'll probably want to do a bit better than £10k. So how far should we be prepared to go ?

Twice the average wage of the other players ? Three times ? I don't think it's a particularly easy call.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Fri May 28, 2021 7:59 pm

I suppose one way around it would be to have a nominal basic of say £12k and a goal bonus based on appearances and maybe assists to bump it up a bit. It is madness to think that 10 years ago our better players were on £27k a week when we went up as champions.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat May 29, 2021 7:33 am

He's a free agent so offer him a £1m signing on fee & £12.5k a week for 3 years. That's an equivalent of c.£19k a week.

That's a £2.8m commitment for the club over 3 years. Not overly expensive for your main striker (in a side that might challenge).
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat May 29, 2021 11:43 am

I think if he were in his mid 20s, that would make sense, but he's 32 in July. Making that kind of financial commitment to a player of his age would be an abrupt shift from the policy we've adopted over the last few years. It seems like a heart vs head decision to me.

I guess it will depend on whether the owners want to take the chance of increasing an annual loss of £17M in the hope of getting back to the PL.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Sat May 29, 2021 12:09 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 11:43 am
I think if he were in his mid 20s, that would make sense, but he's 32 in July. Making that kind of financial commitment to a player of his age would be an abrupt shift from the policy we've adopted over the last few years. It seems like a heart vs head decision to me.

I guess it will depend on whether the owners want to take the chance of increasing an annual loss of £17M in the hope of getting back to the PL.
It is a heart v heads I agree, but sometimes the bigger picture is more important. In this case (IMO) it would be justified . You could see how is experience helped the rest of the team , especially Dykes.

In the past, the big wages were spent on players would couldn't really give a f... and really had little to offer. But you can see how this would make sense.
So in terms of adding to the squad performance and ability ...its not a bad shout.
But, I get why she fans may agree with your comments :)

guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by guyrob07 » Sat May 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Completely agree, we wouldn’t just be paying for his footballing ability but his all round influence on the team. Essentially it’s a player/coach role without officially being in his contract.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 29, 2021 1:17 pm

guyrob07 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:46 pm
Completely agree, we wouldn’t just be paying for his footballing ability but his all round influence on the team. Essentially it’s a player/coach role without officially being in his contract.
..just look at how Dykes improved since Charlie joined on loan....and Charlie confirmed in an interview that he gave Lyndon plenty of advises so his influence on him has been really good...and surely he can do the same to the other young strikers....so his role is not only a skilled and reliable striker, but also a guide....

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sat May 29, 2021 4:46 pm

Spencer wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:09 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

It is a heart v heads I agree, but sometimes the bigger picture is more important. In this case (IMO) it would be justified . You could see how is experience helped the rest of the team , especially Dykes.

In the past, the big wages were spent on players would couldn't really give a f... and really had little to offer. But you can see how this would make sense.
So in terms of adding to the squad performance and ability ...its not a bad shout.
Sorry, are you......... outing me :?

I'll be adding my pronoun(s) to my profile with immediate effect.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:42 pm

Albert Adomah is weighing up his options this summer and could leave Queens Park Rangers, Football League World has been told exclusively.

Frustrated at the lack of opportunities he is currently weighing up his options with the likes of Bristol City, Ipswich, Derby, Luton Town and Birmingham City all interested in signing him if he decides it’s already time to move on from west London.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:14 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:59 pm
I suppose one way around it would be to have a nominal basic of say £12k and a goal bonus based on appearances and maybe assists to bump it up a bit. It is madness to think that 10 years ago our better players were on £27k a week when we went up as champions.
I'd say this is the primary way to do any bumping up that needs doing. If he doesn't play or score, he doesn't get paid disproportionately. Players won't mind if he is banging them in, and have nothing to begrudge if he isn't.

Regardless of my misgivings about signing him (puely financial, I hasten to add) it seems likely to happen, though. I just can't see them doing that video with a joke contract unless they were fairly confident of something happening.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Spencer » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:59 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 4:46 pm
Spencer wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 12:09 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:

Sorry, are you......... outing me :?

I'll be adding my pronoun(s) to my profile with immediate effect.
:D :D :D :D
* some * .... sorry ...

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:33 am

Rbee wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:42 pm
Albert Adomah is weighing up his options this summer and could leave Queens Park Rangers, Football League World has been told exclusively.

Frustrated at the lack of opportunities he is currently weighing up his options with the likes of Bristol City, Ipswich, Derby, Luton Town and Birmingham City all interested in signing him if he decides it’s already time to move on from west London.
He’s already came out to deny this story.

Nothing in it.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:03 am

SM wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:33 am
Rbee wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:42 pm

He’s already came out to deny this story.

Nothing in it.
Good to hear this. He's a super-sub for us and often makes a great impact.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:00 pm

Good news indeed, we like Albert.

Several sources this morning saying Fenerbahce are looking to offload Bright Osayi-Samuel and no Satch I am not bitter :lol:

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:28 pm

Regarding BOS I am also not (that) bitter but I would not want him back