Austin 3 match suspension?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Austin 3 match suspension?

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:26 pm

2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Austin 3 match suspension?

Post by dm » Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:40 pm

There's a clip of the incident here: https://twitter.com/MichaeAndrew1/statu ... 7088131081

He definitely did it. What an idiotic thing to do.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:08 pm

Don't worry about it......we've still got Lyndon Dykes.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 pm

222gers wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:08 pm
2 in 3.... 😜
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Systemsguy wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:21 pm
222gers wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:08 pm
2 in 3.... 😜
Yup....this could be Lyndon's tunoroppity, sorry opportunity !

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:04 pm

When it comes to post match discipline picked up by cameras and not the ref it all depends who you play for and who you are. Remember when Barton did a berserker at Man City when we let them win the league? That was provoked by an unprovoked elbow in the face by that ugly sod whose name I've forgotten. It was clearly picked up by the cameras and the disciplinary committee must have seen it when reviewing it for Barton's punishment. Was he disciplined? Was he bollox. It wasn't even mentioned. If Austin was dishing that out then Yates must've had it coming. I never noticed Charlie had any malice in him but like most people - he doesn't like getting hurt.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:57 pm

Yates is by no means averse to handing out the hurt - sadly, the video evidence is limited to Charlie's input, n less the club can find something which puts Yates in the dock for an earlier incident which the officials also missed.

So in theory missing for Sheff Wed home, Boro away and Rotherham away?

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:00 pm

Montag wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:04 pm
When it comes to post match discipline picked up by cameras and not the ref it all depends who you play for and who you are. Remember when Barton did a berserker at Man City when we let them win the league? That was provoked by an unprovoked elbow in the face by that ugly sod whose name I've forgotten. It was clearly picked up by the cameras and the disciplinary committee must have seen it when reviewing it for Barton's punishment. Was he disciplined? Was he bollox. It wasn't even mentioned. If Austin was dishing that out then Yates must've had it coming. I never noticed Charlie had any malice in him but like most people - he doesn't like getting hurt.
It's the same the 'ole world over
But the world's not entirely to blame
It's the rich wot gets the pleasure
Aint it all a bloody shame

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by luke_mullet » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:11 am

I saw this at the time and thought it was lucky it wasn't seen. Forest must have complained post game for this to be coming to light.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 am

dm wrote: ↑
Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:40 pm
There's a clip of the incident here: https://twitter.com/MichaeAndrew1/statu ... 7088131081

It looked to me like he he stepped back and caught the fellah. It didn't look particularly nasty or malicious. The reaction of the Forest player can't be used to make a judgement, as so many of them go down as if shot at the slightest touch. Charlie wasn't looking at him, and played the ball immediately afterwards, so you could argue that his focus was on the ball.

Having said all of that, it's us, and the FA (or the EFL) so they'll ban him for the maximum amount simply because he plays for QPR, and they can do it.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 am

ZENITH R wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 am

It looked to me like he he stepped back and caught the fellah. It didn't look particularly nasty or malicious. The reaction of the Forest player can't be used to make a judgement, as so many of them go down as if shot at the slightest touch. Charlie wasn't looking at him, and played the ball immediately afterwards, so you could argue that his focus was on the ball.

Having said all of that, it's us, and the FA (or the EFL) so they'll ban him for the maximum amount simply because he plays for QPR, and they can do it.
It was deliberate. He had no reason to put his foot back in the way he does.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:20 am

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 am

Actually, yes he did.

He was about to turn and kick the ball. Putting his foot backwards would give him better stability to do both of those things. His eyes and his focus are clearly on the ball, not the Forest player lying on the ground behind him. To be an effective deliberate 'stamp' he would have needed to have a look to judge the distance, which is something he doesn't do.

Having watched it a number of times, he steps back in a natural manner. It was just unfortunate the Forest player was there.

If the Officials didn't see it, and therefore report it, it had to come from a complaint by Forest. People in glass houses!
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:47 am

Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:20 am
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:12 am

Actually, yes he did.

He was about to turn and kick the ball. Putting his foot backwards would give him better stability to do both of those things. His eyes and his focus are clearly on the ball, not the Forest player lying on the ground behind him. To be an effective deliberate 'stamp' he would have needed to have a look to judge the distance, which is something he doesn't do.

Having watched it a number of times, he steps back in a natural manner. It was just unfortunate the Forest player was there.

If the Officials didn't see it, and therefore report it, it had to come from a complaint by Forest. People in glass houses!

I agree with Zenith R

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm

I would add... the lino was about 10 feet away, looking right at the incident and he didn't see anything wrong. So, not a case of having been missed, more they didn't see anything to worry about.

Remember:
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:05 pm

Agree with Zenith too - I am presuming there is only one reason why the Forest media team would include this piece in their Alternative Angle sequence, such reason having been realised as there is no element of goalmouth action or ski which might be of interest to Forest fans ....