Playoffs?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

ZENITH R

Re: Playoffs?

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:59 pm

So, just to clarify:

Wycombe cannot finish above us (the most points they can get is 51 - we currently have 53 points)
Sheffield Wednesday can get to 56 points (so there's only a 3 point gap - if Wednesday lose to Cardiff tomorrow and we don't lose - they too wont be able to finish above us. Irrespective of tomorrow's games, realistically it is just a matter of time).
Birmingham can get to 62 points, so a 9 point gap from where we are now. Bowyer seems to have had a positive effect, so maybe we will have to wait for this one (They are away at Brentford on Tuesday)

Coventry and Rotherham, while currently below Birmingham both have games in hand, which if they win them and match Birmingham's performance for the rest of the season, will see Birmingham most likely relegated.

Looking up! (and why not)

We can get to a maximum of 77 points.

Reading currently have 63 (in the last play off place)

To nick their spot (or Barnsley's who are 5th on 65 points) we will need two things to happen: us to get as close to 77 points as we can (ideally hitting that 77 point mark) and everyone above us to drop points - Reading or Barnsley enough for us to catch and overtake them. Bournemouth, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Millwall and Stoke to drop enough points for us to pass them. Bournemouth in 7th place currently have 62 points.

All of that is certainly possible, but is extremely unlikely. Best to expect to be going again in August in the Championship.

I hope that helps.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:32 am

Hoping we can maintain the performance levels and maybe see development/progress with Dykes and Bonne for the remaining games, and perhaps some cameos from the likes of Kelman, Bettache and others.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:44 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:59 pm
So, just to clarify:

Wycombe cannot finish above us (the most points they can get is 51 - we currently have 53 points)
Sheffield Wednesday can get to 56 points (so there's only a 3 point gap - if Wednesday lose to Cardiff tomorrow and we don't lose - they too wont be able to finish above us. Irrespective of tomorrow's games, realistically it is just a matter of time).
Birmingham can get to 62 points, so a 9 point gap from where we are now. Bowyer seems to have had a positive effect, so maybe we will have to wait for this one (They are away at Brentford on Tuesday)

Coventry and Rotherham, while currently below Birmingham both have games in hand, which if they win them and match Birmingham's performance for the rest of the season, will see Birmingham most likely relegated.

Looking up! (and why not)

We can get to a maximum of 77 points.

Reading currently have 63 (in the last play off place)

To nick their spot (or Barnsley's who are 5th on 65 points) we will need two things to happen: us to get as close to 77 points as we can (ideally hitting that 77 point mark) and everyone above us to drop points - Reading or Barnsley enough for us to catch and overtake them. Bournemouth, Cardiff, Middlesbrough, Millwall and Stoke to drop enough points for us to pass them. Bournemouth in 7th place currently have 62 points.

All of that is certainly possible, but is extremely unlikely. Best to expect to be going again in August in the Championship.

I hope that helps.
In the last 18 years the only team to get relegated with more that 53 points was Peterborough in 2012-13 with 54 points. The next highest was 52 points in 2007-08 and that was Leicester, just look where they are now.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:10 am

Of course, just like all of you, I have also been quitely calculating our chances.😊
To be honest, we are running out of matches. There are too many teams above us with better chances. If the season would have been 6 games longer, we would have had a chance but now it's too late.
Good signs for next season though!

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Bevan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:22 am

Glad I started this thread - after reading the 19 comments I agree with all of you we are 1000% getting promoted this season!

U’Rsssssssss

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:03 pm

... a top half finish will do it for me !

Imagine if we got promoted - complete nightmare naughty

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:13 pm

...please, please....please...do not mention the word "play-offs".....every time it is said...well. we get into a bad streak of results....
be happy with what we have at the moment and we can put some more hopes for a better future on next season.... :D :D :D

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:39 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:03 pm
... a top half finish will do it for me !

Imagine if we got promoted - complete nightmare naughty
We’d be hammered every week but if the finances were well handled, we’d be in a vastly stronger position for the future.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:50 pm

1 down.... The playoffs ?
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:04 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:50 pm
1 down.... The playoffs ?
You know full well it was never on naughty
Staff Benda Bilili

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:11 pm

Never brought it up.... Just a rediculous thread to start with
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Bevan
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Bevan » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:33 pm

Maybe next year ....

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:33 pm

Well, that is the end of that!

:shock:
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:43 pm

The play-offs pressure got to us today.🤣🤣

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:04 pm

These threads are always the kiss of death!

If we win the rest of our games you never know.