Todd Kane

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Todd Kane

Post by Satch » Wed May 05, 2021 4:05 pm

Montag wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 7:41 am
deadendjob wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 7:12 pm
And I thought Cameron was the only one with moronic views.
Expand please.
You've seen the whole thread on this.
luke_mullet wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:00 am
Montag wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
Expand please.
He's pro Trump I believe
Not just pro Trump but has been sharing the 'stolen election' conspiracies and anti-masks (for covid) sentiments.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed May 05, 2021 6:13 pm

luke_mullet wrote:
Wed May 05, 2021 11:00 am
Montag wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
Expand please.
He's pro Trump I believe
Questionable politics aside, there's also this:

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu May 06, 2021 1:43 pm

I don't like the masks but I can't really agree with that but as with his other views, GC is perfectly entitled to hold them (provided they are within the law) in what is supposed to be the free West.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 pm

No one is saying he can't hold views, however it's his choice to air them that becomes problematic. Which is still his prerogative but isn't necessarily compitble with being the face of QPR. Perpetuating myths about masks that all genuine experts support is dangerous to public health. Perpetuating myths about election fraud poses a risk to public safety which i've said all along and was proven when people who share these views stormed the capitol building. Supporting the ban of travelers based on their faith or nationality perpetuates discrimination and violence.

When you share these views, especially as someone with a degree of influence they are not in a vacuum of free thought and as far as i'm concerned they aren't compatible with the values of QPR and as such he shouldn't have held the captaincy if he wishes to share these views. We wouldn't employ Katie Hopkins to write for the programme.

Being free to air views isn't the same as being able to do so entirely immune from consequence or judgment on your character. It's clear that Cameron is deeply immersed in the alt-right culture and i don't want QPR associated with that.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Thu May 06, 2021 5:17 pm

Satch wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 pm
Being free to air views isn't the same as being able to do so entirely immune from consequence or judgment on your character. It's clear that Cameron is deeply immersed in the alt-right culture and i don't want QPR associated with that.
Fortunately, I don't think we are associated with the far right, even with Cameron's crazy views. We were associated with the hyper-capitalist monied elite during the Tango and Cash era but that is now behind us. I think we're back to being seen as a cool, community orientated, working class football club.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu May 06, 2021 6:52 pm

IMHO, one of the things that measures how well we are doing on this earth is how we get on with people with whom we disagree from time to time. I do not always like the government that we end up with in the UK, but I value the freedom that can put a government out of office.

In the USA, about 63 million people voted for Trump in 2016 and about 74 million voted for him in 2020. Are they all stupid?

Oh dear. Weren't we supposed to be discussing Todd Kane?
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Fri May 07, 2021 7:52 am

Satch wrote:
No one is saying he can't hold views, however it's his choice to air them that becomes problematic. Which is still his prerogative but isn't necessarily compitble with being the face of QPR. Perpetuating myths about masks that all genuine experts support is dangerous to public health. Perpetuating myths about election fraud poses a risk to public safety which i've said all along and was proven when people who share these views stormed the capitol building. Supporting the ban of travelers based on their faith or nationality perpetuates discrimination and violence.

When you share these views, especially as someone with a degree of influence they are not in a vacuum of free thought and as far as i'm concerned they aren't compatible with the values of QPR and as such he shouldn't have held the captaincy if he wishes to share these views. We wouldn't employ Katie Hopkins to write for the programme.

Spot on aniclap

Cameron's been using his profile as a footballer to spread vile propaganda. Good riddance to him.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri May 07, 2021 2:15 pm

I had been on the left almost my whole life. What is happening now has nothing to do with equality, justice or anything else noble. I have become apolitical and I can see what is going on now. You only have to look at the way the media kisses GWB's arse and laughs at his jokes whilst condemning and despising Trump for being a braggart. The thing is, Trump was the outsider. Not part of the 'club'. You are being played and you don't even know it. A left wing US comedian called Jimmy Dore is well worth a watch. A damn sight more objective than Sky, BBC or any US news network. Try it - it won't hurt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2ujVF-GOv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLJeUah-Qcw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqNxF5_Ijuc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5WZIn-BPQE
Last edited by Montag on Fri May 07, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri May 07, 2021 2:17 pm

Satch wrote:

And who determines the values of a football club? They certainly should not be political.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri May 07, 2021 3:52 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 2:17 pm
Satch wrote:

And who determines the values of a football club? They certainly should not be political.
The club themselves, a club that actively promotes it's self as inclusive. If you think being anti-racist and anti publically endangering conspiracy theories is political than that is your choice and you suggests a huge issue with your politics. You are a q-anon reference and "cancel culture" away from alt-right bingo. You aren't seeing anything clearly i'm afraid you're down a dangerous rabbit hole.

GWB is a truely reprehensible man who's been given a cloak or respectability by being able to conduct himself in a vaguely statesman-like manner. It's just a sign of quite how off the spectrum Trump is.

We're on the verge of getting this thread booted again tbh.
kernowhoop wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 6:52 pm
IMHO, one of the things that measures how well we are doing on this earth is how we get on with people with whom we disagree from time to time. I do not always like the government that we end up with in the UK, but I value the freedom that can put a government out of office.

In the USA, about 63 million people voted for Trump in 2016 and about 74 million voted for him in 2020. Are they all stupid?

Oh dear. Weren't we supposed to be discussing Todd Kane?
Of course, i get on very well with many people i agree with hugely however i'm not sure much more can be said about a persons character than their views and often how this can be expressed in their politics. These things do not operate in a vacuum they have impacts. It's not about not getting on with someone who backs a different political party it's about what they represent. Is it an indictment on me if i don't want to be friends with say a white supremacist? After, it's just their views? As i've stated, it's not that GC is a republican or even that he's a Trump voter that i think specifically makes him unsuitable for the role, it's his public support for open racist policies and conspiracy theories for have demonstrably caused harm.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri May 07, 2021 6:08 pm

...going back to Kane.....I read that the Brentford player that started the "verbal fight" was not punished.
That's very unfair, as he was the one starting it...ok..Todd reacted, making a mistake and going down to the same level...but he has been the only one punished. This is not justice in my opinion. :roll: :roll:

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 pm

Todd admitted to using the words "diving, foreign *expletive*" in response to be called an "*expletive* ugly, English *expletive*".
So Kane admitted to using racist language - which Rob Dickie corroborated, but Canos - who also used it and denied it (again Dickie confirmed this) got away with it. Had Kane have lied like Canos - he'd have no punishment, which actually gives more weight to his accusation.
This is ridiculous.

On the Offish.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Satch wrote:

'it's his public support for open racist policies' Which policies?

I seem to remember GC kneeling with everyone else.

Did you take a look at Jimmy?

And do you think Kane's punishment is adequate? £6k/ 7 match ban.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri May 07, 2021 7:47 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 pm
Todd admitted to using the words "diving, foreign *expletive*" in response to be called an "*expletive* ugly, English *expletive*".
So Kane admitted to using racist language - which Rob Dickie corroborated, but Canos - who also used it and denied it (again Dickie confirmed this) got away with it. Had Kane have lied like Canos - he'd have no punishment, which actually gives more weight to his accusation.
This is ridiculous.

On the Offish.
Who reported this?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri May 07, 2021 8:17 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:43 pm
Satch wrote:

'it's his public support for open racist policies' Which policies?

I seem to remember GC kneeling with everyone else.

Did you take a look at Jimmy?

And do you think Kane's punishment is adequate? £6k/ 7 match ban.
He was outspokenly pro the 'Muslim travel ban'. I'm not going to speculate on his feelings towards taking the knee. Personally, i'd like to have seen the team continue to do so as a group. I appreciate Ferdinand's comments on it, i also see it was important to other players to continue.

I will watch but haven't had a chance, i'll try to keep an open mind but his wikipedia didn't fill me with confidence where he's described as an Islamaphobe and conspiracy theorist.

I don't know tbh it's pretty subjective. I wouldn't have argued if it had been more.
deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 pm
This is ridiculous.

On the Offish.
Which accuasation? It does seem rediculous unless there was an independent third party who could only corroberate one side of it. Regardless and irrespective of what Kane did, Canos should have received a 3 match ban for swearing at Kane which he did admit to.