The goal instinct ...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

The goal instinct ...

Post by Giorgio » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:58 pm

...I was looking at Charlie's goal yesterday evening...and wooww...look at his movement, as soon as the ball is crossed he goes immediately and directly for it...and does not miss it...like the predator he is....that's why I like him...he has the instinct of the real striker... aniclap aniclap

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: The goal instinct ...

Post by deadendjob » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:16 pm

I'm a bit concerned by Bonne's. There were a few opportunities that I felt he should have at least got on the end of (Chairs cross early on) but he seemed way off the mark.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:26 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:16 pm
I'm a bit concerned by Bonne's. There were a few opportunities that I felt he should have at least got on the end of (Chairs cross early on) but he seemed way off the mark.
...hope that Charlie can teach and pass him some of the art of the terminator... :mrgreen:

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:39 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:16 pm
I thought exactly the same thing. He doesn't seem to sense the opportunity quickly enough, and is on his heels when he should be moving forward.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:44 pm

I'll third that - I so think we need patience with Bonne and Dykes but watching Charlie shows that bit of quality, movement and anticipation.

QPR-NI
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by QPR-NI » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:54 pm

Hopefully Charlie can be made permanent in the summer.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:44 pm

I think Bonne is doing OK. He is being shifted around a bit at the moment so he has got to play a different game (i.e. second fiddle to Charlie yesterday) and I have seen him getting in between centre backs and getting headers in. I think he is progressing OK.
Come on you Sooopa ........

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:43 pm

For me, Bonne's finishing is quite good and he has a good work ethic. It's his ball control that lets him down which is a worry. He should be better when in possession. Coaching and hard work in the training ground can improve that if he's willing to put in the extra time.

karateelvis
Logo Designer
Logo Designer

Post by karateelvis » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:20 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:58 pm
...I was looking at Charlie's goal yesterday evening...and wooww...look at his movement, as soon as the ball is crossed he goes immediately and directly for it...and does not miss it...like the predator he is....that's why I like him...he has the instinct of the real striker... aniclap aniclap
Agreed, I can't stop watching this goal - every time I see it back I find myself "nodding it in" with him.
"Every dog has its day, and today is woof day! Today I just want to bark!"