Chair signs a new five and a half year deal

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Chair signs a new five and a half year deal

Post by Rbee » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Well four and a half years with a further one year optional extension.

Overall I am happy with this of course but it still seems a little excessive unless they are thinking he won't be taking a decent corner until 2023.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Chair signs a new five and a half year deal

Post by deadendjob » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Statistically, Chair's been one of the most creative players in the Championship. He's started to make great progress this season and the club has locked him so it's less likely we'll lose him for chump change.
Think it's a great move by the club.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:31 pm

As a few on here have mentioned, there is still a development path for Ilias to travel - much like Eze. Need two wiling parties for a contract offer to be taken up, and you have to wonder about thoae advising BOS and Manning.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:09 pm

Samuels could have done the club a favour and done this. Well done to Ilias. Always rated him.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:37 am

Montag wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:09 pm
Samuels could have done the club a favour and done this. Well done to Ilias. Always rated him.
Agree it would have been great for the club if BOS had done this, but why should he do the club a favour?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:05 am

Devonranger wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:31 pm
As a few on here have mentioned, there is still a development path for Ilias to travel - much like Eze. Need two wiling parties for a contract offer to be taken up, and you have to wonder about thoae advising BOS and Manning.
Indeed. Manning warming the bench and not troubling the starting eleven much these day. A shame. He was a certain starter here.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:58 pm

For his age and stature I think Chair has done exceptionally well. Like Eze before him, his discipline and application have been excellent (playing every game and keeping his head). Tbh I really admire his determination given his size and the treatment that he gets.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:40 pm

He is another who is a credit to himself and the club - I do think that BOS was badly advised and when you see his "football consultant" putting the picture up on Twitter, I can understand what has happened here.

Thought BOS did well for us in his games and I hope his agent hasn't sold him the short end of the stick with this deal.

We will see.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:40 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:40 pm
He is another who is a credit to himself and the club - I do think that BOS was badly advised and when you see his "football consultant" putting the picture up on Twitter, I can understand what has happened here.

Thought BOS did well for us in his games and I hope his agent hasn't sold him the short end of the stick with this deal.

We will see.
There's a very good chance BOS will win a top-flight title and make his Champions League debut in the next few months as well as probably earning more money. Are you sure he's been badly advised?

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:01 pm

Satch wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:40 am
Devonranger wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:40 pm

We will see.
There's a very good chance BOS will win a top-flight title and make his Champions League debut in the next few months as well as probably earning more money. Are you sure he's been badly advised?
Exactly. With the Fenerbahce offer on the table, he'd have been badly advised to sign up for a few more years of scratching around at the lower end of the Championship, plying his trade against the likes of Rotherham, Barnsley, Preston and Millwall, instead of potentially playing alongside Mesut Ozil in front of 50k fans in the CL. Even it doesn't work out, I don't understand how anyone can blame him for taking the opportunity.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?