BOS to leave early

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

BOS to leave early

Post by deadendjob » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:51 pm

Championship side QPR have agreed a deal with Fenerbahce to allow Bright Osayi-Samuel to join the Turkish Super Lig team immediately.

The 23-year-old winger, who joined from Blackpool in the summer of 2017, signed a pre-contract agreement in January and has not played for Rangers since.

QPR said they had reached "an acceptable agreement" for Osayi-Samuel's "immediate transfer".

"This is subject to a medical and personal terms," the statement added.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55783286

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: BOS to leave early

Post by Satch » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:23 pm

He's already posted his farewell and been presented to the fans at a press conf. from what i can tell.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:44 pm

I'd love to know what the 'acceptable agreement' means in hard cash though I've got a feeling we may never know.

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by luke_mullet » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:01 pm

I see a lot of people giving Bright abuse for choosing to sign for Fenerbahce. They are on another level to QPR, not only to be playing Champions League football every year but also the image and platform that Fenerbahce gives him.

Looking on Twitter he put up a post yesterday about Fenerbahce and it had 50k likes. That's more in one tweet than he had in the whole of 2020. He put an image on Instagram 2 hours ago and it has already had 70k likes, again more than anything he has posted before.

I know Internet likes do not mean much to average Joe but for a footballer it's big, not just for the ego.

He has signed for a huge club, good luck to him.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:25 am

He's gone.

Confirmed on the Offish.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:07 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:25 am
He's gone.

Confirmed on the Offish.
🎈 🥳 🎈 We can move on and forget about him until his first return to Loftus Road of course!

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 pm

Rbee wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:07 am
ZENITH R wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:25 am
He's gone.

Confirmed on the Offish.
🎈 🥳 🎈 We can move on and forget about him until his first return to Loftus Road of course!
...when he's on loan at Cardiff next season?
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:42 pm

“After 4 years of playing at @officialqpr it’s time to say goodbye,” Bright posted.

“QPR has not only taught me to be a footballer but has shaped me as a person on and off the pitch.

“To the fans, as many of you are aware, this has not gone as smoothly as I would’ve liked but it does not change the memories we have made together. I love you all ❤️

“I can’t thank the gaffer & all the staff enough for how they have supported me throughout my time, as well as the players.

“We have suffered, laughed & celebrated together. For this, I will forever be grateful and will always have a special place in my heart for QPR.”

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:02 am

Rbee wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:42 pm
“After 4 years of playing at @officialqpr it’s time to say goodbye,” Bright posted.

“QPR has not only taught me to be a footballer but has shaped me as a person on and off the pitch.

“To the fans, as many of you are aware, this has not gone as smoothly as I would’ve liked but it does not change the memories we have made together. I love you all ❤️

“I can’t thank the gaffer & all the staff enough for how they have supported me throughout my time, as well as the players.

“We have suffered, laughed & celebrated together. For this, I will forever be grateful and will always have a special place in my heart for QPR.”
Good sentiment and great to hear the club helped shape him. I hope it's a good shape.

Good luck to you young man, I hope he does well in following his dreams

Just one thing though. You played for Queens Park Rangers Football Club (the finest football team this side of the universe) and not @officalqpr. I bloody hate twitter handles, but then I'm just old and grumpy
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:29 am

BiscuitRanger wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:02 am
Rbee wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:42 pm

Good sentiment and great to hear the club helped shape him. I hope it's a good shape.

Good luck to you young man, I hope he does well in following his dreams

Just one thing though. You played for Queens Park Rangers Football Club (the finest football team this side of the universe) and not @officalqpr. I bloody hate twitter handles, but then I'm just old and grumpy
Me too - I'm with you 100% there.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:58 pm

lovely words but personally its left a sour taste on my behalf on your parting from the club....

Goodbye and good luck
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:22 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:58 pm
lovely words but personally its left a sour taste on my behalf on your parting from the club....

Goodbye and good luck
The contract “problem” was according to BOS completely the club’s fault as “QPR has not only taught me to be a footballer but has shaped me as a person on and off the pitch.”