Sinclair Armstrong

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Post Reply
guyrob07
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 126
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:35 am

Sinclair Armstrong

Post by guyrob07 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:16 am

Sounds like another Raheem Sterling situation, potentially wanted by the big boys but won't ever make an appearance for QPR. Didn't even realise we had signed him!

User avatar
rtastic
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger
Posts: 208
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:05 pm

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by rtastic » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:49 pm

Understand we signed him in October, not too sure how it works will be make any money if we sell him, what a shame that these types of players can't come through the system and develop and play for the rangers .
So it appears that he's just come to us to train and that there was never any intention of him playing for us, that's the impression I'm getting.
Good that we are bringing youth through ,Personally I know it comes down to finances but wouldn't it be great if we could hang onto these players for longer .
OS Off to Turkey good luck to him, all comes down to money at the end of the day I know that.

User avatar
Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Monkey » Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:00 pm

We only gave him a contract until the end of the season tbf
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6721
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:35 pm
Location: Reading

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by QPR_John » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:56 pm

Monkey wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:00 pm
We only gave him a contract until the end of the season tbf
Open to be corrected but was it only possible to sign him up to his 18th birthday.

User avatar
Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Monkey » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:44 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:56 pm
Monkey wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:00 pm
We only gave him a contract until the end of the season tbf
Open to be corrected but was it only possible to sign him up to his 18th birthday.
Maybe age was a factor, but you can sign a professional contract at 16
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

User avatar
BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5323
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:19 am
Location: Johannesburg

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by BiscuitRanger » Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:55 am

At 16 you can sign up to be an Army Regular, with a lower liklehood of being shot down than playing in front of the Loft (present circumstances excluded)
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Devonranger » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:43 pm

Sean Gallagher indicating that club think he will sign a deal.

User avatar
Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger
Posts: 636
Joined: Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Monkey » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:33 pm

He’s signed an 18 month deal with an extra year option, on the offish
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4044
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Satch » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:40 pm

Does anyone know much about him other than other clubs were eyeing him up? How's he looked for our u18s, any u23 appearances?

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 3793
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:06 pm
Location: Wimbledon
Contact:

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by old pauline » Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:35 pm

If Man City were after him then that is a great coup keeping hold of him. Imagine the difference in money he would have been offered and the lure of training with the best players in the world and arguably the best coach in the world. Hopefully there will be a spot for him on the first team bench in the not too distant future so that he gets his just rewards.
Come on you Sooopa ........

User avatar
Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 5624
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:19 pm

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Systemsguy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:35 pm

old pauline wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:35 pm
If Man City were after him then that is a great coup keeping hold of him. Imagine the difference in money he would have been offered and the lure of training with the best players in the world and arguably the best coach in the world. Hopefully there will be a spot for him on the first team bench in the not too distant future so that he gets his just rewards.
Raheem Sterling was allegedly offered a place in the first team squad by Jim Magilton to stay at QPR all those years ago.....

We know what happened with him instead......

I assume BOS's agent is nowhere near Sinclair..... Cynical.... Moi?
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Image

User avatar
Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4975
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:26 pm

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Montag » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:53 pm

Monkey wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:33 pm
He’s signed an 18 month deal with an extra year option, on the offish
Sounds a decent player and a decent chap. Hope we can hang on to him for a bit and if not, he's given the club a chance to profit if he moves on. Unlike others we have come across in recent years.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Devonranger » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:23 am

Good to see this lad commit to the club and well done to the club for getting the deal done.

Sounds like the lad has opted for the chance to get game time in the senior levels which is fair enough.

For me, BOS and his agent took the opportunity to increase their financial gain from the situation - nothing more nothing less. I wish him well in his future career but there is no reason for him to expect the fans to look on him with any fondness.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger
Posts: 4044
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am
Location: New York City

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Satch » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Devonranger wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:23 am
Good to see this lad commit to the club and well done to the club for getting the deal done.

Sounds like the lad has opted for the chance to get game time in the senior levels which is fair enough.

For me, BOS and his agent took the opportunity to increase their financial gain from the situation - nothing more nothing less. I wish him well in his future career but there is no reason for him to expect the fans to look on him with any fondness.
Financial gain,
Silverware
Champions League football
Huge crowds when they're allowed.

He'd have been a fool to stay.
Systemsguy wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:35 pm
old pauline wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:35 pm
If Man City were after him then that is a great coup keeping hold of him. Imagine the difference in money he would have been offered and the lure of training with the best players in the world and arguably the best coach in the world. Hopefully there will be a spot for him on the first team bench in the not too distant future so that he gets his just rewards.
Raheem Sterling was allegedly offered a place in the first team squad by Jim Magilton to stay at QPR all those years ago.....

We know what happened with him instead......

I assume BOS's agent is nowhere near Sinclair..... Cynical.... Moi?
That's not really cynicism, just bitterness. What's BOS' agent done wrong exactly, he gone and got his client an excellent move. The fact it didn't suit QPR of it's fans is absolutely not his concern and would be a conflict of interest if it were.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger
Posts: 6769
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:20 am
Location: Exeter

Re: Sinclair Armstrong

Post by Devonranger » Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:49 pm

Think Galatasary might have something to say on part of that ...

Post Reply