January 2021 Transfer Thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: January 2021 Transfer Thread

Post by Devonranger » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:39 pm

Think the experience of Rhodes would be telling and would take some pressure off Dykes and Bonne - I do think both need a bit of time to develop and Rhodes will give them some breathing space.

Cameron needs to be part of that 3 man defence and we could do with a mobile ball player/ball winner to sit in midfield.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:38 am

Devonranger wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:39 pm
Think the experience of Rhodes would be telling and would take some pressure off Dykes and Bonne - I do think both need a bit of time to develop and Rhodes will give them some breathing space.

Cameron needs to be part of that 3 man defence and we could do with a mobile ball player/ball winner to sit in midfield.
The bloke hasn't scored with regularity for years he needs someone to take the pressure off him. All i see it doing is taking away minutes those two need without much to suggest they will score anymore. In terms of experience, he's been on the decline since he was 25. Wednesday have scored 3/4s of the goals we have this year and are a spot below us, if there was a chance he might have a few goals in him they wouldn't be letting him piss off to a team they are in direct competition with to stay up.

I really would rather play Masterson or have another CB in there. I don't think there's really a spot for Cameron he's a momentum vacuum and i agree we need a major upgrade in midfield.

IJM wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:33 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm
Rbee wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:04 am
@efl-hub on Twitter dm.

We would want him if he was cheap.
I'm not sure if that's a reliable source, but either way, Rhodes isn't the player he once was. If we're going to spunk money on a striker, let's at least get one that scores goals.
6 in 36 for Forest and 12 in 79 for Wednesday.
Yeah but we are QPR - nothing surprises me with the dreadful transfer decisions of the past - we simply never learn from our endless mistakes.

I also heard today that Fleetwood have parted company with a certain Mr. Barton, I wonder how long it will be before he is linked with us as our new Manager ?
Except we've demonstrably learned from our mistakes and are adopting a completely different and sound strategy. We may not get every transfer right but to suggest we're still signing knackered players based on past reputations is nonsense and hopefully, this is no exception.

Some fans have been clamoring for Barton to take over for ages. No idea why and again, i'd be amazed if the club were entertaining it for a second, although if fans keep demanding MW be sacked we won't have a ton of options out there.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:39 am

Turkish giants Fenerbahce have won the race to sign BOS according to Turkish paper Bursa Hakimiyet with a pre contract agreement signed.

So much for me saying he wouldn’t go there! At least we keep him for the rest of the season.

Liam Kelly to Motherwell on loan looks set to happen with Kelly indicating on his Instagram account that he was about to set off on a six hour + long drive.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:57 am

Rbee wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:39 am
Turkish giants Fenerbahce have won the race to sign BOS according to Turkish paper Bursa Hakimiyet with a pre contract agreement signed.

So much for me saying he wouldn’t go there! At least we keep him for the rest of the season.

Liam Kelly to Motherwell on loan looks set to happen with Kelly indicating on his Instagram account that he was about to set off on a six hour + long drive.
Do we want him though. Any player who signs a pre-contract is looking to his new employers rather than his current.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:32 am

Rbee wrote:
He may just be heading to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight. Important for a goalkeeper.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:45 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:32 am
Rbee wrote:
He may just be heading to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight. Important for a goalkeeper.
Wouldn't that be chalked up as an own goal though?

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:21 pm

Linked with Josh Sims from Soton. 23yo Winger who's been on loan at Donny.
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/qpr-e ... o-cash-in/

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:50 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:38 am
Devonranger wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:39 pm

The bloke hasn't scored with regularity for years he needs someone to take the pressure off him. All i see it doing is taking away minutes those two need without much to suggest they will score anymore. In terms of experience, he's been on the decline since he was 25. Wednesday have scored 3/4s of the goals we have this year and are a spot below us, if there was a chance he might have a few goals in him they wouldn't be letting him piss off to a team they are in direct competition with to stay up.

I really would rather play Masterson or have another CB in there. I don't think there's really a spot for Cameron he's a momentum vacuum and i agree we need a major upgrade in midfield.

IJM wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:33 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:21 pm

I'm not sure if that's a reliable source, but either way, Rhodes isn't the player he once was. If we're going to spunk money on a striker, let's at least get one that scores goals.
6 in 36 for Forest and 12 in 79 for Wednesday.
Yeah but we are QPR - nothing surprises me with the dreadful transfer decisions of the past - we simply never learn from our endless mistakes.

I also heard today that Fleetwood have parted company with a certain Mr. Barton, I wonder how long it will be before he is linked with us as our new Manager ?
Except we've demonstrably learned from our mistakes and are adopting a completely different and sound strategy. We may not get every transfer right but to suggest we're still signing knackered players based on past reputations is nonsense and hopefully, this is no exception.

Some fans have been clamoring for Barton to take over for ages. No idea why and again, i'd be amazed if the club were entertaining it for a second, although if fans keep demanding MW be sacked we won't have a ton of options out there.
There has to be that a change of style/club/manager/team/system could see a change in fortune for a player - no guarantee but look what Nakhi Wells and Jordan Hugill did for the team.

Think Cameron can bring some steadying influence and as part of a back three with Dickie and Barbet, that might help the immediate cause. Agreed that he doesn't have the momentum for midfield.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:55 pm

Rhodes would presumably play in a front two, alongside Dykes. We surely wouldn't be daft enough to play him up top on his own.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:31 pm

QPR_John wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:57 am
Rbee wrote:

Do we want him though. Any player who signs a pre-contract is looking to his new employers rather than his current.
Pre contract? Does that mean he leaves for free?
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:26 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:31 pm
QPR_John wrote:
Rbee wrote:

Thought his age meant we would be entitled to compensation either way?

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:27 am

Systemsguy wrote:
QPR_John wrote:
Rbee wrote:

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:56 am

Devonranger wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:26 am
Systemsguy wrote:
QPR_John wrote:

Dont think compensation comes into it for foreign transfers

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:15 pm

Liam Kelly to Motherwell loan confirmed.

Media reporting that Lumley will now sign a new deal.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:31 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:15 pm
Media reporting that Lumley will now sign a new deal.
If true would seem to indicate Ben Whiteman isn't coming to us from Doncaster.