Just Back on the Island...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Just Back on the Island...

Post by SM » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:25 pm

Apologies for another very late report... Having taken two days off work to travel up to Carrow Road, and making the journey back to the island today i am well and truly shattered!!

There isn't really an awful lot to say in honesty, Rowlands lashed in a quite superb free kick after Connolly had been sent off and it was backs to the wall for the remainder of the game.

Player performances:

Cerney - Had a fairly good game. Despite all of the pressure he didn't really have a save to make with the exception of a Norwich free kick. I do wish he would catch the ball more often though, instead of flapping and pushing it away. But he had a solid game. Excellent distribution.

Delaney - Far far better game from him today. He certainly hasn't hit the form he was in last season, but today he was really strong in the tackle, and handy going forward also. For the small amount of time Cook was on, Delaney was always on hand whether he was holding back or bombing forward. Much improved performance from him.

Stewart - Another solid performance from him. He had a very hard game yesterday up against Sibierski who is an absolute giant. I didn't see one player manage to dribble past him though, and read the game incredibly well. All this after the training ground incident? Remarkable!

Gorkss - Quite rightly had his critics after the horror show at Sheffield, but really but all the wrongs right yesterday. As far as dominating defenders go i don't think we have a better one at the club (if this performance was anything to go by). He won absolutely every single ball that came his way. This is the player that we signed, and what a terrific defender he is. Will definitely have impressed Dowie.

Ramage - Again another very solid performance from him. I would like to see him 'hoof' the ball a little less, but he had a very good game. The left winger did take the ball past him a couple of times, but you always felt he was in full control and recovered very well.

Just have to say on the point of defenders, each and every one of them ran their socks off. Funny to think that when they can play like this, we are still crying out for a decent back line.

Rowlands - Real captains performance from him today, and capped off beautifully with a cracking free kick. He was defending pretty much the whole game (as was everyone) but really got stuck in, and had a stormer. Well done Rowley.

Leigertwood - As i have always said with him, and feel like i constantly repeat myself, but he was all over the place. Covered every blade of grass and broke up countless attacks. His distribution wasn't great yesterday, but he was a rock in the middle of midfield.

Mahon - Won everything in the air, and funnily enough provided Blackstock with alot of possession in the middle of the field. He had a solid game though, and helped boss the midfield.

Ledesma - Plenty of his silky skills being demonstrated again. One moment of magic when he was being booed by all the Norwich fans, he had two players running at him and he did a Rabona (i think thats what its called) through the middle of them. Always playing with a smile on his face, and nearly scored a superb goal. Shame we couldn't get him on the ball a little more.

Blackstock - As with Leigertwood, he ran himself into the ground. He didn't have an awful lot of service, but chased and chased throughout the game. He just looks so confident now though, and really is playing well. Hope he can keep playing like this - excellent stuff!

In summary, it was a real gritty performance by every player today. Nobody had a bad game at all. To go away to Norwich midweek and win with 10 men is an excellent result and Dowie got the tactics spot on.

Great day out, and great performance... and if that wasn't enough i even saw Viva_Morrisey on the way out who had the largest smile i think you will ever see and rightly so! :D

Some very happy Rangers on the way home.

U R'sss!!!!
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

LBLOCK
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by LBLOCK » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Fair play to you.

Glad they made it worth while for you.

Being there via 94.9FM just doesn't compare and it was one of those "I wish I'd gone evenings" from 9.50pm onwards.

FORZA QPR
All your dreams are made when you're chained to the mirror and a razor blade

luke_mullet
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by luke_mullet » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:33 pm

You take 2 days off work just to see QPR on a wednesday night? Now that's dedication!

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:19 am

luke_mullet wrote:You take 2 days off work just to see QPR on a wednesday night? Now that's dedication!
Thanks very much :)

Let's just hope tickets don't go up anymore eh? :lol:
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss