Rotherham

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Rotherham

Post by 222gers » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:49 pm

Terrific display by them tonight - only succumbing finally to an Ipswich winner in the 95th minute.
They may be adrift at the bottom but tonight showed they can't he taken lightly.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Rotherham

Post by Danish Ranger » Wed Feb 21, 2024 5:48 am

Potential banana skid game 🍌

I refuse to try to predict the result

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:14 am

14 points adrift with 13 to play, so they have pretty much nothing to lose at this point. Teams often start to put in better performances once the pressure is effectively off.

It's got 0-1 (Hugill) written all over it. Especially as he hasn't scored for four and a half months.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:09 am

Ux - you send shivers down my spine naughty

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:55 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:14 am
14 points adrift with 13 to play, so they have pretty much nothing to lose at this point. Teams often start to put in better performances once the pressure is effectively off.

It's got 0-1 (Hugill) written all over it. Especially as he hasn't scored for four and a half months.
Hopefully the Charity Park Rangers days are gone. Soton lost at home last night so surely won't slip up again against the Wall on Saturday. So finally a chance to escape the bottom three.
Don't let us down again Rs.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:06 pm

Well Uxbridge being as seasoned a supporter as myself has to consider the possibility of us tossing the game away Saturday.

Meanwhile stop press - Millwall are about to change their manager again before Saturday.
Ifang Bondi

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:29 pm

Danish Ranger wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:09 am
Ux - you send shivers down my spine naughty
Come on Danish, you can't tell me it hadn't already crossed your mind :wink:
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Wegerle
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:02 pm

I was just about to post the same. They gave Ipswich a very good game till the end.
If, for the third time in a short period, we don't get out the relegation zone when we have the opportunity, it could become a insurmountable task in the minds of our players.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:47 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:02 pm
I was just about to post the same. They gave Ipswich a very good game till the end.
If, for the third time in a short period, we don't get out the relegation zone when we have the opportunity, it could become a insurmountable task in the minds of our players.
Finding their way downstairs in the morning is an insurmountable task for some of our lot.

StevenageRanger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by StevenageRanger » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:40 pm

I hate to say this, but IF we don't get 3 points Saturday, at Home, against the bottom of the league (however tricky any game in the Championship is) I really do think we may be cooked!

Psychologically it could really hit us as another lost chance to climb out the zone, saying that, I do think we will win 2-0.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:54 pm

They goals they scored against Ipswich were two mistakes and a penalty. They played very direct football, got everyone behind the ball when defending but were completely disorganised.

They've also got a very experienced team in Clucas, Blackett, Hugill, Ferguson, Hall, Sam Morrison.

SuperHoopsa
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by SuperHoopsa » Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:56 pm

StevenageRanger wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:40 pm
I hate to say this, but IF we don't get 3 points Saturday, at Home, against the bottom of the league (however tricky any game in the Championship is) I really do think we may be cooked!

Psychologically it could really hit us as another lost chance to climb out the zone, saying that, I do think we will win 2-0.
Although it cannot be understated just how important a win is on Saturday, much like previous weeks, it will also depend on how the others just above us do.

We really haven't had the rub of any green this year. What with the run of games at home where blatant handballs in the box were waved away by refs, then all other teams above us winning every time we won too. Saturday just gone was the first time it all fell in to place regarding other results. Lets hope that continues for the remainder of the season.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 pm

SuperHoopsa wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:56 pm
StevenageRanger wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:40 pm

Although it cannot be understated just how important a win is on Saturday, much like previous weeks, it will also depend on how the others just above us do.

We really haven't had the rub of any green this year. What with the run of games at home where blatant handballs in the box were waved away by refs, then all other teams above us winning every time we won too. Saturday just gone was the first time it all fell in to place regarding other results. Lets hope that continues for the remainder of the season.
The only game I can think of where Lady Luck showed any benevolence was home to Stoke.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:32 pm

Andy_N19 wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:06 pm
Well Uxbridge being as seasoned a supporter as myself has to consider the possibility of us tossing the game away Saturday.

Meanwhile stop press - Millwall are about to change their manager again before Saturday.
Neil Harris has left Cambridge and has returned to Millwall. I expect them to get a point (1-1) at Southampton on Saturday.

ActonArthur
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by ActonArthur » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:06 am

It’s a shame about Millwall I was hoping they would stick with the manager and stay terrible.

I keep missing our wins so I’ll probably stay away on Saturday although it does not look straightforward.