From Hero to Zero

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

Rtastic 2

From Hero to Zero

Post by Rtastic 2 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:41 pm

I posted on here months ago how I read about Micks affection for Rangers the Scottish variety not obviously us , I found it a bit strange that after he had joined us he mention this and how he would love to go back there one day, an odd comment to make when you've just joined us?
What he did when he turned Wolves Down and all his talk of not jumping ship because morally it was wrong and it wouldn't set a good example, look at the situation now Mr Beale in my opinion whatever you say in the future to your new players or owners you're not to be trusted.
Yes you may be an up-and-coming coach unproven remember though, good luck in the two horse league, where you're never going win anything else on a bigger scale .
Walking round our hallowed turf kissing the badge waving to the fans , hollow words and actions not to be trusted. Yes you have jumped ship and may you drown in your own ego and I'm sure inflated wage.
A real shame you couldn't see it through here , I find it very strange when people leave suddenly mid season when the team is building and on the up , I thank you for doing this building us up but will never forgive you for letting us down.
I hope we get a decent manager next who has affection and wants to build something at Qpr for the long-term.

Caroline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Re: From Hero to Zero

Post by Caroline » Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:34 pm

BEALE = The kind of bloke who tells a girl he loves her just to get her into bed #justsaying

Anyway... seriously, here's my view. If this was just a case of his "dream job" suddenly becoming available, I'd say fair play it him - it happens. Maybe he was ear-marked to be Glasgow Rangers manager in 2-3 years, and it's just come along early. That would be a hard pill to swallow, but I'd get over it etc. This is clearly NOT exactly what has happened here though. I believe there's something far more cynical at play.

The reason I'm cheesed off is that I feel deeply insulted by the whole affair. Given Beale's attendance at Ibrox on 29th October, this has most likely been in the planning for weeks. Beale / Glasgow Rangers clearly waited until the World Cup break so that he could leave a little more "quietly" and "easily". In the meantime, our record has been L D L L L. One point from 15. You can't tell me our dip in form isn't related to Beale knowing he was off elsewhere. We've lost to two bottom-three sides FFS. He has cost us valuable points. If our loan players end up returning to their parent-clubs in January, then this season becomes a write-off probably. So he's set us back an entire season. That's highly damaging. He should have gone in October quite frankly.

Also... even if I'm wrong about the above, the whole period has clearly been unsettling. The whole "integrity" speech never sat right with me in the first place anyway. It translated (to me) as "I'd love to jump ship, but I'll grudgingly stay as a moral obligation". What I wanted him to say was "Of course I don't want to leave, I love this club, the players, the fans... and I want to take us back into the Premier League and achieve great things". When the results started going badly, this only confirmed my fears that his heart wasn't ever in it, and that this was having an effect on the players.

Beale will be thinking that this will all blow over, but for me it won't, ever. That evening when we went top on the league after beating Cardiff I just felt deflated.

I've been a supporter since 1982... I will now file the "Beale period" along with the following:

1 - Fulham Park Rangers
2 - MK Rangers
3 - Points Deduction
4 - Beale

It hurts. It's like the club is not of any value to him. I feel we've been sh@t upon from a great height. He clearly doesn't have a clue what it means to be a football supporter.

pindarus

Post by pindarus » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:23 pm

Well he's not getting a very good press. Described in the Times as shallow and insincere.
I'm not a malicious person generally but I do hope he crashes and burns. He's not as great a coach as he thinks he is.

patrickqpr
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:52 pm

QPR are far too big for him. The man is an absolute w@nker and I hope his career goes down the toilet.

I feel better for getting that off my chest.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:33 pm

I keep seeing QPR fans referring to Beale not by his name but PBBC. Pot-Bellied Bromley repropbate.

Rtastic 2

Post by Rtastic 2 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:31 am

Thanks for your replies, for me a bit of a curveball but I would like to see John Herdman that guys got some fire in his belly, can't see it happening though

In a strange sort of way, if you wanted to build a team for the next World Cup, by having a league side built around it , it could work Canadian Park Rangers !!!

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:55 am

deadendjob wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:33 pm
I keep seeing QPR fans referring to Beale not by his name but PBBC. Pot-Bellied Bromley errant hedge-born skainsmate.
And there in lies the crux of the problem ... He is from the wrong side of the river!

So, no surprises.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:07 pm

Saw this posted elsewhere and think it sums up my frustrations well.
Basically it came down to being too good an opportunity to turn down and from messageboard talk his young family live up there still, something he alluded to.

Both points are hard to argue with. The issues arise from his conduct prior:
- talking about wanting to manage Rangers before the season started
- talking to Stoke after 6 games (rumoured)
- talking to Wolves
- giving the whole loyalty and integrity speech
- visiting Rangers matches as a guest of the chairman/directors whilst the current manager was under pressure

I'm not sure whether he's incredibly arrogant or incredibly naive. His name hasn't been out of the headlines since he joined whereas someone like Jon Dahl Tomasson at Blackburn, in a similar situation to PBBC, has done a better job and isn't being linked to any other jobs. We all knew PBBC was using us as a stepping stone but by all accounts he put himself in the shop window as soon as he was through the front door

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:04 am

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:46 pm

Michael Bilge Pump.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

SuperHoopsa

Post by SuperHoopsa » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:46 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:04 am
Fair play to Dykes:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... ngers/amp/
Now I'm not saying Beale has given me trust issues, however, how long until Lyndon signs for Rangers!?

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:43 pm

SuperHoopsa wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:46 pm
stainesranger wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:04 am
Fair play to Dykes:

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/ ... ngers/amp/
Now I'm not saying Beale has given me trust issues, however, how long until Lyndon signs for Rangers!?
Hopefully soon, I'll drive him there myself !

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:15 am

Trouble is, Beale got tempted and is human and he went. Most of us wouldn't have but we support QPR - he doesn't.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:23 am

Montag wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:15 am
Trouble is, Beale got tempted and is human and he went. Most of us wouldn't have but we support QPR - he doesn't.
Couldn’t agree less. It wasn’t just that he left, it was the manner in which he left that is so offensive. People with similar levels of integrity (ie close to zero) might’ve done the same, but it’s a pretty pessimistic view of humanity if you think most people would’ve acted in the way that he did.

IJM
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by IJM » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:58 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:23 am
Montag wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:15 am
Couldn’t agree less. It wasn’t just that he left, it was the manner in which he left that is so offensive. People with similar levels of integrity (ie close to zero) might’ve done the same, but it’s a pretty pessimistic view of humanity if you think most people would’ve acted in the way that he did.
I maybe an old cynic in my later years (I'm 63) but sadly nothing surprises me anymore, I have witnessed quite a bit of human behaviour over the years and loyalty, especially in a business sense simply doesn't exist, so in answer to your last sentence I think that most people would, sadly show no loyalty and jump to what they think is best for them, and bugger the consequences.
Sadly we are all surrounded by selfishness, and as much as I love my QPR (I was going to write Rangers there and then suddenly thought I don't want you to think that I'm north of the border!), I'm not surprised at anyone moving on.
I can remember Venables signing for Palace as a player in 1974 and as a 14 year old I was gutted, but life and QPR moved on and there have been countless players, managers, owners etc., all showing no loyalty, but come hell or high water, I'm still here supporting the R's and always will be.