Genuines v Fakes prediction

All topics allowed. Board rules apply.

Moderators: ZENITH R, qprdotorgadmin, nige101uk, willesdenr, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Genuines v Fakes prediction

Post by 222gers » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:19 pm

Hope we're not complacent. We're far better than them but I remember a few seasons back we were expected to thrash them but we ended up with a 0-0 draw that was perhaps the most boring game I've ever had the misfortune to watch.
I nearly fell asleep in the second half and QPR-John had to awaken me with a dig in the ribs ! It'll be better this time I feel.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Genuines v Fakes prediction

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:30 am

The goals have certainly dried up at home recently, with only one scored in the last four league games, and even against Rotherham in the cup, it took 115 minutes to break them down.

Reading are poor though, so it's a game we should win. Of the next six games, five are against teams in the bottom half. There are no guarantees of course, but it's a good opportunity to get more points on the board.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

carrotstick
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by carrotstick » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:28 pm

Getting good results against the weaker looking teams always seems to be where we struggle.

Kevc59

Post by Kevc59 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:31 pm

We need to start being more ruthless, and dare I say it a little bit nasty at home, make teams fear coming to HQ to play us.
I don't like the term" weaker" or " lower" teams too much, but there are teams we should be thinking we can beat, but the nature of this league is that any team can beat any team at any time, the trick is to not make it easy for anybody you play.
Two cases in point, Monday night, Middlesbrough went to Blackburn to play football and they were by far the better team---- and lost!
Tuesday ,Swansea came and tried to spoil the game and frustrate us, they succeeded, but only because we let them, by being out of sorts ,and a bit soft to be honest

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:35 pm

...we are so short of attacking options with Gray off to Jamaica...and I wonder why we don't give the young starlet Armstrong - the one that everybody wants - a little chance...not a starting of course...but getting him on the bench and in for the last 10-15 minutes...?

Kevc59

Post by Kevc59 » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:50 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:35 pm
...we are so short of attacking options with Gray off to Jamaica...and I wonder why we don't give the young starlet Armstrong - the one that everybody wants - a little chance...not a starting of course...but getting him on the bench and in for the last 10-15 minutes...?
Certainly wouldn't hurt to give him some game time, Gray, well is he such a miss at the moment, I think we all give him slack for the worldy he scored , but take that away from the equation, he's hardly been pulling up trees has he?
MW said today that there are a couple of late deals in the offing before Monday, we should be sponsored by Lastminute .Com, so let's hope there's a young , lean, fit and hungry striker in amongst there somewhere