Josh Bowler released by Everton

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Josh Bowler released by Everton

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 08, 2021 8:22 am

Just read on Twitter that Everton are releasing him at the end of the season.....

He left in search of fame and glory..... Didn't work out

He's still only 22.... Is he worth a punt?
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Josh Bowler released by Everton

Post by 222gers » Sat May 08, 2021 11:16 am

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:22 am
Just read on Twitter that Everton are releasing him at the end of the season.....

If we get him back I'll eat my hat.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sat May 08, 2021 11:24 am

Systemsguy wrote:

That worked out well for him.

I'm not saying his career would have been better if he had stayed with us, but I think he would have played more football, and he would have had a better chance to build that career in W12.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:24 am
Systemsguy wrote:

I'm not saying his career would have been better if he had stayed with us, but I think he would have played more football, and he would have had a better chance to build that career in W12.
Modern day footballers, don't you just love them?!😬
Question everything.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat May 08, 2021 2:48 pm

Chase the mighty dollar. - 'All our Dreams are Sold' -Procol Harum.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 08, 2021 2:56 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
...surely he built his bank account....

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun May 09, 2021 7:18 pm

We could get him as back up for Wallace. :idea: Might make the 1st team in 2 years.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:41 pm

He's signed for Blackpool, so we may see him at LR next season at some point.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:26 pm

Don't forget to denigrate him! :)

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:53 pm

He's 22. Since leaving us in 2017 he has managed 31 first team games (14 starts) and one goal.

I'm sure Everton paid him a lot more than we were paying him, but the last four years have definitely seen his footballing career go up a blind alley (or is that down?)

Should have stayed at the Rangers ...
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:12 am

Well maybe. On the other hand, he might have been like Kakay and Hamalainen, both two years older and both at QPR when Bowler left. It took them until last year to break through and get regular first team football here. Are they any further forward in their careers than him ?

Let's be honest, most QPR fans barely knew who he was when Everton came in for him. We got an unexpected windfall, he got a great opportunity at a big club with top class facilities and great players around him. Unfortunately for him, Everton have in the meantime become a club who regularly spend £40-50M on individual players, so it's a big ask for a youngster to get through to their first team. He didn't make it, but they rated him enough to give him another year after his initial three year deal expired. He'll start next season in the Championship, just the same as his former team-mates.

Personally I doubt he has any regrets about the decision he made.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:09 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:12 am
Well maybe. On the other hand, he might have been like Kakay and Hamalainen, both two years older and both at QPR when Bowler left. It took them until last year to break through and get regular first team football here. Are they any further forward in their careers than him ?

Let's be honest, most QPR fans barely knew who he was when Everton came in for him. We got an unexpected windfall, he got a great opportunity at a big club with top class facilities and great players around him. Unfortunately for him, Everton have in the meantime become a club who regularly spend £40-50M on individual players, so it's a big ask for a youngster to get through to their first team. He didn't make it, but they rated him enough to give him another year after his initial three year deal expired. He'll start next season in the Championship, just the same as his former team-mates.

Personally I doubt he has any regrets about the decision he made.
Of course another way to look at it is that Bowler was further is his career when he left than the other two shown by the fact at two years younger Everton were prepared to take him. Now they are all three at the same level so playing wise Bowler has lost out. Of course financially he clearly has not.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Jun 25, 2021 7:28 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Systemsguy wrote:

He was loaned out to Hull so his move was of no impediment to him having the opportunity to play Championship football. The move made sense for him then and i doubt he has any regrets. It's also perfectly sensible for a young player with an uncertain future to take a considerably higher salery. If he doesn't make it as a footballer that extra money is going to make a significant difference to his future.