Todd Kane

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Todd Kane

Post by deadendjob » Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm

Montag wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:47 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 pm
Todd admitted to using the words "diving, foreign *expletive*" in response to be called an "*expletive* ugly, English *expletive*".
So Kane admitted to using racist language - which Rob Dickie corroborated, but Canos - who also used it and denied it (again Dickie confirmed this) got away with it. Had Kane have lied like Canos - he'd have no punishment, which actually gives more weight to his accusation.
This is ridiculous.

On the Offish.
Who reported this?
It's on the offish?
Satch wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:17 pm
Which accuasation? It does seem rediculous unless there was an independent third party who could only corroberate one side of it. Regardless and irrespective of what Kane did, Canos should have received a 3 match ban for swearing at Kane which he did admit to.
The club accusing Canos of using equally racist terms - with Rob Dickie confirming that's what was said. Kane could have denied it and received no punishment like Canos.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 pm

deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm
Montag wrote:
deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 pm

So Kane admitted to using racist language - which Rob Dickie corroborated, but Canos - who also used it and denied it (again Dickie confirmed this) got away with it. Had Kane have lied like Canos - he'd have no punishment, which actually gives more weight to his accusation.
This is ridiculous.

On the Offish.
Who reported this?
It's on the offish?
Satch wrote:
Which accuasation? It does seem rediculous unless there was an independent third party who could only corroberate one side of it. Regardless and irrespective of what Kane did, Canos should have received a 3 match ban for swearing at Kane which he did admit to.
The club accusing Canos of using equally racist terms - with Rob Dickie confirming that's what was said. Kane could have denied it and received no punishment like Canos.
We don't know if there was other evidence. I'm guessing it wasn't Dickie or Canos who reported it in the first place.

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat May 08, 2021 3:59 am

These footballers eh? They really need to learn from cricket where the 'banter' between players is so much more inventive and humorous.
Question everything.

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Sat May 08, 2021 5:23 am

Kane does not appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed but he has admitted to what he said and has accepted his punishment. Hopefully this incident wont be used by some on here to have a go at him.

I really cannot figure out how the Brentford player was not punished?

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sat May 08, 2021 10:11 am

Surely Kane’s position is untenable now given this and the kakay comments and the fact he’s average.

How can we call out Terry for being a racist but back him?

Everyone deserves a second chance to prove themselves but I reckon he’d be better off elsewhere

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Monkey » Sat May 08, 2021 12:30 pm

Satch wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:17 pm
deadendjob wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:42 pm
Montag wrote:

Who reported this?
It's on the offish?
Satch wrote:
We don't know if there was other evidence. I'm guessing it wasn't Dickie or Canos who reported it in the first place.
After an exchange between Kane and Canos, Canos runs over and tells the ref who gets the 4th official to make a note. There’s no other players or officials close to Kane and Canos from what I could see.
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 08, 2021 12:59 pm

Monkey wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:30 pm
After an exchange between Kane and Canos, Canos runs over and tells the ref who gets the 4th official to make a note. There’s no other players or officials close to Kane and Canos from what I could see.
...can I say that Canos acted like a spoiled brat...IMO..? Running to the ref to report it...? :roll: :roll:

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Sat May 08, 2021 1:45 pm

If it is true that Canos said something along the lines of ''f%%*ing English diver'' and Kane said something similair back apart from ''English'' being ''foreign'' or another nationality then I am clueless why one has got apunishment and the other hasn't.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat May 08, 2021 1:57 pm

Good to see him in the stand with Charlie and the team.....

Who knows why he wasn't picked recently ( you wonder how long the club knew about this.. ) and if it was linked to his unwise chat about his worth to the team....

If Canos was guilty of "racist" language as well, the club and fans should feel aggrieved that admitting guilt is not worth it....
2021/2022.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sat May 08, 2021 2:40 pm

Systemsguy wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:57 pm
If Canos was guilty of "racist" language as well, the club and fans should feel aggrieved that admitting guilt is not worth it....
...I know even from direct experience that often honesty does not pay....and instead cheating does... :roll:

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat May 08, 2021 2:42 pm

I wouldn't take any notice of Jimmy Dore's Wikipedia page, Satch - it's been doctored by some very dubious people who are annoyed with him for drawing attention to certain things. I certainly wouldn't describe him as a conspiracist or an Islamophobe. He wants Medicare for all and a $15ph minimum wage (which Biden promised) and has caused a lot of embarrassment to the Democrats - particularly those such as Cortes who claim to be left wing. Aside from anything else, he is very funny. He does swear sometimes though so don't have any kids in the room if you watch him. A very courageous chap to be honest.

Only yesterday he was talking about his wiki page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJIUdKsD3ew
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sat May 08, 2021 2:43 pm

Giorgio wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 2:40 pm
Systemsguy wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:57 pm
...I know even from direct experience that often honesty does not pay....and instead cheating does... :roll:
Sadly, you are right Giorgio.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat May 08, 2021 5:40 pm

You can't be racist towards the English no matter what you say. Well that's what everyone seems to think unfortunately.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri May 14, 2021 6:47 pm

WLS indicating we're looking to get rid of Todd Kane.
https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr ... right-back

Given the comments about Ozzie and now the 7 game ban, it's not really that surprising.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Sat May 15, 2021 10:19 am

Damien wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:40 pm
You can't be racist towards the English no matter what you say. Well that's what everyone seems to think unfortunately.
Only if you're using "English" to refer exclusively to the white English, which isn't what "everyone" thinks.