Corbyn Suspended

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Re: Corbyn Suspended

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 pm

Montag wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:28 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:03 pm
Montag wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:05 pm

Corbyn and Abbott demonised themselves. All his life Corbyn opposed EU membership - then he started vacillating during the vote and then when May was making a balls up of it because he thought it would help him politically. If he'd stuck to his principles and explained the left wing case for Brexit once it had been voted for, he might have garnered bit of respect. As for anti-semitism? This has been a problem in the Labour party for quite some time. It's one of the reasons I am no longer a member. Without mass expulsions it cannot be solved. Corbyn knew that. Stop with the Russians. People voted leave because they were fed up with the EU and had been for years. Very few people I knew across class and race voted to remain. Nothing to do with lies and Putin or mis-shapen cucumbers for that matter.
That response is frankly risible. Just the amount of verified lies issued by the leave campaign tells you the referendum result was a carve up and then the narrow focus targeting of older voters to raise fear over immigration reinforces the notion that they everything they could to sway the result their way during that period. Very, very few of my colleagues, friends and family voted to leave the EU, they could all see what a disaster was ahead; and now proven to have been right in their fears.
What bourgeoise circles you must move in.
No, I merely live in the real world.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

QPR_John
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by QPR_John » Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:25 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Montag wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:20 pm

Anti semitism isn't, nor never was as much of a reason to vote Tory in light of the litany of lies and Russian backing they received to win both the Brexit vote and the GE. Corbyn & Abbott were utterly demonised in lieu of a coherent Conservative strategy for both referendum & GE. Corbyn's manifesto wouldn't have even been considered to be left wing 30 years ago. Starmer is a stooge with nothing in common with the labour roots.
Corbyn and Abbott demonised themselves. All his life Corbyn opposed EU membership - then he started vacillating during the vote and then when May was making a balls up of it because he thought it would help him politically. If he'd stuck to his principles and explained the left wing case for Brexit once it had been voted for, he might have garnered bit of respect. As for anti-semitism? This has been a problem in the Labour party for quite some time. It's one of the reasons I am no longer a member. Without mass expulsions it cannot be solved. Corbyn knew that. Stop with the Russians. People voted leave because they were fed up with the EU and had been for years. Very few people I knew across class and race voted to remain. Nothing to do with lies and Putin or mis-shapen cucumbers for that matter.
That response is frankly risible. Just the amount of verified lies issued by the leave campaign tells you the referendum result was a carve up and then the narrow focus targeting of older voters to raise fear over immigration reinforces the notion that they everything they could to sway the result their way during that period. Very, very few of my colleagues, friends and family voted to leave the EU, they could all see what a disaster was ahead; and now proven to have been right in their fears.
Us poor decrepit oldies cannot think for ourselves is that it, ageism at it's worse.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Dec 16, 2020 11:52 am

QPR_John wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:25 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Montag wrote:

Us poor decrepit oldies cannot think for ourselves is that it, ageism at it's worse.
They must have the demographic data to support and warrant such a campaign.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:16 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 pm
Montag wrote:
Esox Lucius wrote:

Au contraire
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Dec 17, 2020 4:46 pm

Montag wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:16 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:35 pm
Montag wrote:

Au contraire
QED

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:03 pm

Wrong. I'm James Coburn - you're the other bloke. You lost. Again.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:32 am

The structure of the Labour party makes it very, very difficult for Starmer to change anything given the current membership.