Liz Truss

This is a general message forum for all football and other general posts. Images, banter and topic wandering allowed. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS IN DEDICATED THREAD IN HERE ONLY. All ticket related posts elsewhere will be deleted.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Liz Truss

Post by 222gers » Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:19 pm

I've been taken ill laughing at the news that Liz Truss is our new foreign secretary.
Hopefully, I'll recover by Saturday.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Liz Truss

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:22 am

The cream of the current Conservative crop. I guess you have to laugh or you'd burst into tears.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:03 am

Wait until you find out what Nadine Dorries new job is is. I am also looking forward to a lot more Britishness in our TV viewing too. #Gleichschaltung
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:33 pm

I'm just relieved this wasn't about her being a QPR fan.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:15 pm

It is odd that the senior appointments are all opposed to the areas they are overseeing. I don't suppose it matters, there only seems to be one policy, move public money into private hands.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:08 pm

DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:15 pm
It is odd that the senior appointments are all opposed to the areas they are overseeing. I don't suppose it matters, there only seems to be one policy, move public money into private hands.
Once a year where I used to work the management would take the shittiest people and get them to swap jobs for the craic. Sometimes they would even bring people they fired long ago back and give them something really challenging and important to have a crack at.
Oh, wait. No, haha, that's the government I'm thinking of. Our place just sacks useless twats.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:11 pm

I'm no fan of the truss but be honest, would you rather have Lady Nugee?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:37 am

Liz is another in a long line of PPE Oxford graduates who seem to think that is a ticket to run the country. :roll:
Question everything.

DroopStreetOldBoys
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by DroopStreetOldBoys » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:00 am

WA Hoop wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:37 am
Liz is another in a long line of PPE Oxford graduates who seem to think that is a ticket to run the country. :roll:
Spottus Onnus

From the Guardian

"Monday, 13 April 2015 was a typical day in modern British politics. An Oxford University graduate in philosophy, politics and economics (PPE), Ed Miliband, launched the Labour party’s general election manifesto. It was examined by the BBC’s political editor, Oxford PPE graduate Nick Robinson, by the BBC’s economics editor, Oxford PPE graduate Robert Peston, and by the director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, Oxford PPE graduate Paul Johnson. It was criticised by the prime minister, Oxford PPE graduate David Cameron. It was defended by the Labour shadow chancellor, Oxford PPE graduate Ed Balls.

Elsewhere in the country, with the election three weeks away, the Liberal Democrat chief secretary to the Treasury, Oxford PPE graduate Danny Alexander, was preparing to visit Kingston and Surbiton, a vulnerable London seat held by a fellow Lib Dem minister, Oxford PPE graduate Ed Davey. In Kent, one of Ukip’s two MPs, Oxford PPE graduate Mark Reckless, was campaigning in his constituency, Rochester and Strood. Comments on the day’s developments were being posted online by Michael Crick, Oxford PPE graduate and political correspondent of Channel 4 News." etc etc

The course has also been taken by many foreign leaders-in-the-making, among them Bill Clinton, Benazir Bhutto, Aung San Suu Kyi, and the Australian prime ministers Malcolm Fraser and Bob Hawke. An Oxford PPE degree has become a global status symbol of academic achievement and worldly potential.

Montag
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:19 pm

and what a wonderful job they've all done. :roll:
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:16 pm

WA Hoop wrote:
Unfortunately, it appears that it is. Seems to be a degree in how to fall upwards.
DroopStreetOldBoys wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:00 am
WA Hoop wrote:
Spottus Onnus

From the Guardian

"Monday, 13 April 2015 was a typical day in modern British politics. An Oxford University graduate in philosophy, politics and economics (PPE), Ed Miliband, launched the Labour party’s general election manifesto. It was examined by the BBC’s political editor, Oxford PPE graduate Nick Robinson, by the BBC’s economics editor, Oxford PPE graduate Robert Peston, and by the director of the Institute for Fiscal Studies, Oxford PPE graduate Paul Johnson. It was criticised by the prime minister, Oxford PPE graduate David Cameron. It was defended by the Labour shadow chancellor, Oxford PPE graduate Ed Balls.

Elsewhere in the country, with the election three weeks away, the Liberal Democrat chief secretary to the Treasury, Oxford PPE graduate Danny Alexander, was preparing to visit Kingston and Surbiton, a vulnerable London seat held by a fellow Lib Dem minister, Oxford PPE graduate Ed Davey. In Kent, one of Ukip’s two MPs, Oxford PPE graduate Mark Reckless, was campaigning in his constituency, Rochester and Strood. Comments on the day’s developments were being posted online by Michael Crick, Oxford PPE graduate and political correspondent of Channel 4 News." etc etc

The course has also been taken by many foreign leaders-in-the-making, among them Bill Clinton, Benazir Bhutto, Aung San Suu Kyi, and the Australian prime ministers Malcolm Fraser and Bob Hawke. An Oxford PPE degree has become a global status symbol of academic achievement and worldly potential.
That was finished far more positively than it should have been.