Crowd treatment of our own players on Saturday

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr

jonnyb121
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Crowd treatment of our own players on Saturday

Postby jonnyb121 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:03 pm

There were some real morons in attendance on Saturday I have to say. I was actually embarassed by some of the things one absolute idiot was screaming (and I mean screaming) throughout the first half in the R block, mainly directed at Tom Carroll. It was nothing short of disgraceful. I get it, the lad wasn't playing well, but screaming abuse at him for almost the entirety of the first half, what good will that do to an 18 year old's confidence?

One guy actually managed to call 8 out of our 11 starting players a "donkey" throughout the course of the game, and this included Austin and BAE (possessing possibly the greatest first touch I've seen at Loftus road for a decade).

It was no surprise to me when Austin looked to make an angry gesture towards a section of the R block after his second goal, and who could blame him?

I sincerely hope this was a one off but I have noticed this creeping up on us the last couple of months.

superh00ps
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Postby superh00ps » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:19 pm

The atmosphere at QPR is completely toxic, the reaction to Danny Simpson having a shot on his left foot after his slalom run summed it up for me, no doubt he should've passed but that sort of reaction to one of our consistent performers?

I've yet to go to an away game (this season) where the fans get on their teams back as quickly and as vocally as ours, who'd have thought we're 2nd in the league and well on course for a return to the top flight?

HarrowHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Postby HarrowHoops » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:32 pm

I sit fairly far away from R block, (other side of the stadium to me) but I have felt a great degree of nerves this year. The first game of the season Sheffield Wednesday was a good example. We went one nil down fairly early on and everyone was going "Here we go again" and then all of a sudden we were 1-1 and then 2-1.

I get the feeling a lot of our supporters believe that we should be absolutely running away with the league, like a game of fifa... smashing everyone 6-0 and that's where the moaning comes from, (some of it on this forum as well). But I am really happy with how we are doing, we most certainly could have been mid-table or relegation this season (look at wolves). And teams like Burnley and Leicester have been in the championship for years with the same squads. Too a lot of our current team this is new territory.

That being said I think that when we do start to play better ( like when we had to at 1-1) we look really good and all of a sudden the crowd is much happier.
---------------
Plastic Fantastic

East Paddock GL Block (where the right cheap seats are)

I am a big hypocrite for ever questioning the irish ledge that is Kevin Doyle !

1 Bobby Hazell
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Postby 1 Bobby Hazell » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Agreed.

You get a number of people who seem to be more fans of going to the football than actually football fans.

There are those who seem to treat it as some sort of Tourettes Group Therapy session with an overriding need to express the week's suppressed emotions regardless of the reality of what's happening on the pitch or any understanding thereof.

I could bring my drum to the Bolton game!? I could even bring my didge? Let's have a supportive jam. Esox can arrange the harmonies.
"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality" - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Micky
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Postby Micky » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:43 pm

I was very surprised to hear people moaning about BAE at Saturday's game. If you don't appreciate BAE's performances this season then you might as well give up watching football as you're clearly following the wrong sport.

Spencer
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Postby Spencer » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:48 pm

Walking to the ground - you ear wig fans conversations, in the pubs, waiting to get into ground....like many clubs....we have some real plonkers at the ground. I sometime ask myself, what the hell are you doing here if its so bad.

The abuse that is hurled at the senior players is bad enough and it is no wonder the youngsters are loaned out.

I sit in R block and we do have some really vocal fans in and around our area. The thing that concerns me...is that the ones doing a lot of the "moaning and shouting abuse" I recognise as " regular " fans. I also witnessed a couple of our fans in R block having a dig at each other a few weeks before Christmas....over nothing really.

I have also this season overheard quiet a few fans....having more than a serious dig at Charlie Austin, whilst almost have a wank fest when Joey Barton has come across to take a corner.

There are some strange fans out there !

sharps lane r
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Postby sharps lane r » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:48 pm

1 Bobby Hazell wrote:You get a number of people who seem to be more fans of going to the football than actually football fans.

There are those who seem to treat it as some sort of Tourettes Group Therapy session with an overriding need to express the week's suppressed emotions regardless of the reality of what's happening on the pitch or any understanding thereof.

:like

1 Bobby Hazell
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Postby 1 Bobby Hazell » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:01 pm

Spencer wrote:
I sit in R block and we do have some really vocal fans in and around our area. The thing that concerns me...is that the ones doing a lot of the "moaning and shouting abuse" I recognise as " regular " fans. I also witnessed a couple of our fans in R block having a dig at each other a few weeks before Christmas....over nothing really.

That was just last season's Esox having a pop at this season's Esox in a weird time travel scenario.
"I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality" - Martin Luther King, Jr.

PaulHoops
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Postby PaulHoops » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:11 pm

Dont seem to get these issues in X block.

We have opposition supporters to keep us company. We usually give QPR players a bit of a standing ovation when they venture close to our corner of the pitch as we can hear the crap the opposition are hurling at them.
We're the X block....

LanCat
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Postby LanCat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:19 pm

There are plenty who sit around me who seem to have no clue about football. When my 10 year-old comments on how stupid they are then it's clear we don't have the educated fa base that we used to have.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:37 pm

PaulHoops wrote:Dont seem to get these issues in X block.

We have opposition supporters to keep us company. We usually give QPR players a bit of a standing ovation when they venture close to our corner of the pitch as we can hear the crap the opposition are hurling at them.

yes we do. I've been talking about it on here all season. There's 7 or 8 of them who sit right behind me. The atmosphere in their is never a bad pass away from being toxic. It's very similar to this board. We're never more than a bad result away from being toxicdot.org.

I'm suprised anybody is suprised. Tghis board is a fair reflection on what goes on in the ground imo.
next year, we'll be champions..

PaulHoops
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Postby PaulHoops » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 pm

Stan wrote:
PaulHoops wrote:Dont seem to get these issues in X block.

yes we do. I've been talking about it on here all season. There's 7 or 8 of them who sit right behind me. The atmosphere in their is never a bad pass away from being toxic. It's very similar to this board. We're never more than a bad result away from being toxicdot.org.

I'm suprised anybody is suprised. Tghis board is a fair reflection on what goes on in the ground imo.

I sit above the stairwell in X block. I honestly haven't heard anything other than a few jokey sarcastic comments amongst fans.
We're the X block....

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:43 pm

I'll give you thier seat #'s if you like. They sit right behind me. They'll bellow "redknapp out" as loud as they can if they dont like a substitution, or barrack Austin, shouting he's a "waste of money" if he's not winning every single header etc etc. I've mentioned it here before. T Block isn't much better if the Donny match is anything to go by.

sparkypark
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Postby sparkypark » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:09 pm

I suppose it is hard for many people to warm to players when the turnover has been as great here. Didn't we use more players than anyone else last year? We are not used to seeing a stable team and maybe that makes it very hard for people to see a player as anything other than someone who should be replaced as soon as they misjudge two passes.

I think I am starting to warm to this team. There may be periods in any game when they look hopeless, but they seem capable of pulling themselves together and to produce some excellent moments too. And they are working hard.
Between my finger and my thumb the squat pen rests. I'll dig with it.

Stan
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Postby Stan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:12 pm

I'd recommend people to get there early & see the players arrive, or wait after the game. They're a good bunch most of them. Everyone of them is happy to have a chat or a photo etc. A completely different cup of tea to the arseholes of last season.

Return to “QPR Discussion”