Adel Good Ridance!!

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

flabzqblock
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Adel Good Ridance!!

Post by flabzqblock » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:54 pm

Winging on saturday and now wanting to be taking off because you didnt take the penalty absolute poor mentality!!! we dont need you if your gonna act like a child!!!!

Vish
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Vish » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:58 pm

I assumed he was injured??

gyates
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by gyates » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:01 pm

Wasn't he injured? Is this based on fact or conjecture?
I get annoyed as much as anyone when Taarabt is too greedy but do we have anyone who is anywhere near as skillful and can hold the ball up like him? I didn't see anyone tonight fitting that bill. We created one decent chance after Taarabt went off, when Simpson went through.
If Taarabt leaves, we are going to miss him unless we bring in someone similar - in my opinion!

Frank Clarke
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Frank Clarke » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 pm

Adel was limping after being trodden on by a Watford player. He was then substituted.

Prior to being taken off he was not having his best game in a Rangers shirt, but he was still far more productive than most of our other players.

Nothing more or less than that.

flabzqblock
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by flabzqblock » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:13 pm

listen i love adel for his skilll and just for the fact he makes things happen which noone else in our team seems to do but prior to the pen he was arguing with one of the players that he should be taking the penalty kick and as soon as akos took advantage he signalled to the bench to be subbbed which is a reall low move!!

Rtone
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Rtone » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:15 pm

i think his frustration showed when once again he was mobbed by 3 or 4 defenders and no-one in a hooped shirt was showing for him. i can see why players don't, as he doesn't like to pass, but by not showing it makes life easier for the defense to close him down
we're coming up from the deep,the lizard sheds its skin
night obliorates the day,and all the fun begins............

Tunney the Genius
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Tunney the Genius » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:43 am

flabzqblock wrote:listen i love adel for his skilll and just for the fact he makes things happen which noone else in our team seems to do but prior to the pen he was arguing with one of the players that he should be taking the penalty kick and as soon as akos took advantage he signalled to the bench to be subbbed which is a reall low move!!
He is injured!

rodney_trotter79
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by rodney_trotter79 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:09 am

let's all moan at the most skillful player to wear a hooped shirt for 15 years, hopefully we won't sign him next season, we are better off without him.. He was injured ffs

Don
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by Don » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:15 am

If he had that much talent but didn't have some 'falws' then we wouldn't see him within a million miles of Loftus Road. Just like when we get someone with the pace of Thierry Henri, it's Eric Sabin.

I don't think I'd want to sit down and have a pint with young Adel but he makes football fun.
I'm Ray Gardner. I drink Blackcurrant Tango. Come and get me!

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:21 am

What Don said^^^ Cristiano Ronaldo was an arrogant cock and I despise him but he is still one of the best footballers in the world. AT shows similar traits but is still learning the game. As mentioned above, if he was fulfilling his potential he wouldn't be playing for QPR. IMO the question is; do QPR perform better overall or worse when he plays?

dave B
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by dave B » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:31 am

being skillful shouldn't give you the right to try and run the team. He was injured last night though

Micky
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Micky » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:42 am

being skillful shouldn't give you the right to try and run the team. He was injured last night though
It's down to Warnock to decide whether AT should be playing in our first team, he's in a better position than any of us to judge whether AT has a negative/positive effect at QPR. Taarabt's selection last night tends to suggest that Warnock doesn't think he's detrimental to the side.

Spiritof76
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Spiritof76 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:49 am

On a wider point, it would be a very dangerous strategy to build your whole team around one skillful player, particularly if you're aiming for a punt at promotion. However good he is, players get injured, and then the flaws in the strategy are obvious.

All this does prove is how poorly the money that came into the club has been spent to date. Not going to point the finger at individuals as we all know the history, but Warnock has a real job rebuilding the team and one talented individual is probably not the priority. Remember this team, including Taarabt, came bloody close to getting relegated!
“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

dave B
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by dave B » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:06 am

for this season there is no decision to make, if we want to win games he has to play and I'm still baffled as to why Hart and harford couldn't see this and went with Agyemang instead. The problem will be next season, do we build a team around one player who has made it clear he wants to go to Spain and is temperamental to put it kindly. It will be a tough call for Warnock as Taarabt is clearly a match winner when he is in the mood and a liability when not.

jonno
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by jonno » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:17 am

dave B wrote:for this season there is no decision to make, if we want to win games he has to play and I'm still baffled as to why Hart and harford couldn't see this and went with Agyemang instead. The problem will be next season, do we build a team around one player who has made it clear he wants to go to Spain and is temperamental to put it kindly. It will be a tough call for Warnock as Taarabt is clearly a match winner when he is in the mood and a liability when not.
Absolutely spot on. The trick for Warnock is to get him in the mood more often than not, and to get him playing more as a team player. That should not be impossible. If that can be achieved I don't necessarily agree with this "having to build a team round him" business. We need to able to cope without him for sure, but that's the case with any outstanding players in a fair few teams. As the second half clearly demonstrated last night, currently we can't but that is more to do with the paucity of other options and our current strike force. The point is the bloke is a match winner and often unplayable by defences in the CCC so why wouldn't you want him in the side, assuming Warnock can deal with his "attitude" problems. I don't particularly mind seeing him getting annoyed, it shows he can't stand losing and that's no bad thing in my view. I wish a few more of our players had that attitude instead of accepting defeat quite so readily.