Anyone know whats happening with Manning?

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Anyone know whats happening with Manning?

Post by Stans left foot » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:29 am

I thought is was "£250K" and some to come....?
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:29 am
I thought is was "£250K" and some to come....?
Yes, I understand there are add ons and a sell on clause.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:26 pm

SM wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:33 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:51 pm
SM wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:57 am
£250k is a laughable price to sell him for.

I would rather we called his bluff and sat him rotting away on the bench for a season. Maybe then he would be more inclined to have signed.

It’s a very poor piece of business for us, and not for the first time that we’ve sold a player considerably below market value. A real shame.
What would leaving him on the bench for the whole season have achieved though ?

We'd be wasting a.talented player who would still be collecting his wages anyway, and he'd be getting increasingly bitter and resentful. I think it made sense while the transfer window was open, in order to try and force him into a decision one way or the other, but beyond that it just starts to feel spiteful.

I'd agree the fee seems very disappointing, but whatever the reasons, there didn't seem to be much interest in him. I guess in the end they thought £250k was better than nothing. I think the more worrying thing is it leaves us looking very weak on the left side defensively.
It’s a slightly different scenario, but it’s not too dissimilar to Jeremy Peace at WBA with Peter Odemwingie.

They may have lost out financially in that particular deal and kept an unhappy player on their hands - but they made a real statement of intent over how they handled it. They call the shots, and won’t be bullied by any individual or club. I bet it served them well on future business.

I don’t think we have received ‘top’ money for any of the key players we have sold over recent years, going back as far as Charlie Austin, it was still relatively modest in relation to the rest of the market...

But £250k for a rough diamond that you’ve polished up after signing from Galway. It just shouldn’t be allowed to happen IMO.
I'm glad to see him go and half of nothing is nothing in my book....

We've had players bleed the club dry sitting on contracts they were given out during our mad years

He'll be remembered like Jack Robinson rather than fondly like Eze or Freeman

The transfer window has been really good for us, made a bit of money and strengthened the squad....

The club is always on a hiding either not giving a long enough contract or too long a contract....
2020/2021.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:20 pm

£250,000 seems a low fee for Manning, but it will be interesting to see how he gets on in a team where he's less likely to be given the freedom to attack from left back with little responsibility to defend. He's not a player with the defensive awareness needed at full back, and struggles in midfield. He was obviously available for very little and yet only Swansea came in for him. I'll miss seeing his crossing, but not the play acting that he relied on so frequently.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:24 pm

jimjams wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:51 am

In the last few weeks Warburton went out of his way to say he had been good and was training well, so I'd concur.
Well you are going to say that about a player you want rid of aren't you!

What I read in to Nick London's pre match comment yesterday was that Manning had been a bit of a knob but that is purely conjecture on my part.

Normally when a player leaves they post a thank you message but I have seen nothing from Manning and the club didn't exactly shower him with good luck messages did they.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:24 pm
jimjams wrote:

In the last few weeks Warburton went out of his way to say he had been good and was training well, so I'd concur.

What I read in to Nick London's pre match comment yesterday was that Manning had been a bit of a knob but that is purely conjecture on my part.

Normally when a player leaves they post a thank you message but I have seen nothing from Manning and the club didn't exactly shower him with good luck messages did they.
George Petchey didn't behave like this...

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:34 pm

Rbee wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:24 pm
jimjams wrote:

That pretty much is what I'm thinking. It felt like they couldn't wait to get rid of him. I suppose if you are trying to build a team spirit and an ethos, just one dissenting voice, is one too many.

I suppose we'll have to wait a few years to read about it in someone's memoirs.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:09 pm

This is what the club put out on twitter: https://twitter.com/QPR/status/1317216247000584192 and there were probably similar posts on other club social media.

Also on the website https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/ry ... nsea-move/

Pretty standard comments for when a player departs.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:58 pm

Its not unlike the Richard Langley departure to Cardiff. He burst onto the scene. We thought he was worth a couple of million and he went to Cardiff for £200,000. I wonder if Manning will come back to us too like Langers. I doubt it somehow.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 am

As far as I recall Langers didn't want to leave but we needed the dosh.

Say one thing for Manning he has certainly got us talking about him and then ironically Wallace plays his best ever game for us.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Manning has posted some really nice leaving comments: https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ryan- ... confirmed/

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:57 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:04 pm
Manning has posted some really nice leaving comments: https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ryan- ... confirmed/
I find the comment about finding regular game time odd. Last season he started 44 of 50 matches, was only subbed once, and was an unused sub in 5 of the other 6.

Sure, he only played once this season, but I think it's highly likely if he had signed the contract he would have started all 6 games so far.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:49 pm

The whole situation, including this message, seems odd. Goodness knows what this means ''The past few months haven’t been easy with important decisions being out of my control, despite that I will still always hold QPR close to my heart.''

Whatever was out of his control, likely money, he wasn't happy about it.

I would imagine, and hope, that a part of him thinks positively about his time at QPR likely clouded by the quantity of managers he has played, or not played, under.

Six years, my goodness, but I guess that pass at Reading was nearly five years ago. We all move on.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:37 am

Rbee wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:34 am
As far as I recall Langers didn't want to leave but we needed the dosh.

Say one thing for Manning he has certainly got us talking about him and then ironically Wallace plays his best ever game for us.
I was surprised to learn recently that Danny Simpson didn't want to leave. Perhaps I missed something at the time or don't remember correctly.

I thought Wallace played well against Wednesday too, to be fair.

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:00 am

jimjams wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:37 am

I was surprised to learn recently that Danny Simpson didn't want to leave. Perhaps I missed something at the time or don't remember correctly.
Despite having made around 100 PL appearances before he dropped a division to join us and help us to promotion, Simpson was deemed not good enough for the PL. He joined Leicester, and was never heard of again. Good old 'Arry.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?