Owls vs QPR match thread

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Owls vs QPR match thread

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:59 pm

Any set piece for that matter
Staff Benda Bilili

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:02 pm

You can see what we're trying to do, but Forest aside, we've lacked urgency and any genuine attacking threat. I'm hoping it'll click at some point but I also hope there's a plan B.

Hanuhoff
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by Hanuhoff » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:02 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:02 pm
You can see what we're trying to do, but Forest aside, we've lacked urgency and any genuine attacking threat. I'm hoping it'll click at some point but I also hope there's a plan B.
I'll sit down then.

patrickqpr
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by patrickqpr » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:03 pm

What a debut!

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by WA Hoop » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:04 pm

It's all been so pedestrian and played into Wednesday's hands. Up until now!
Question everything.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Hanuhoff wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:02 pm
With a little more urgency we could easily have won that game.
Staff Benda Bilili

Damien
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Damien » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Barbet scores one and makes one :wink: Well done to Bonne - that's how to announce yourself 8)

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:26 pm

Strange one, 56% possession, seven corners and yet before our goal only one decent effort from Cameron threatened the Wednesday goal. Chair's delivery from set pieces wasn't good enough, no decent service for one striker let alone two until our goal.

But we kept going, worked really hard and just about deserved that point, defence looking stronger and I wonder how much of that is down to Dieng.

Keeping hold of BOS or signing a half decent replacement is very important.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:04 pm

It was hardly scintillating stuff but I think we'll be OK once BOS and Chair get their rhythm.
The two new men up front could be quite handy given some better service amd Dieng looks very confident in goal. Onwards and upwards.

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Devonranger » Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:22 am

Think there has been plenty of mention about the loss of Eze, Wells and Hugill. Eze alone was such a key player in our attacking game. You can even add in the lack of Ryan Manning in there currently - another player who was involved in our attacking game from the left back position.

It will take a bit of time to see our new attacking options come together. Read an article - I think it was one of Clive's on Loft for Words - about Eze's journey through our system and that Ilias Chair is still a year or two behind in that journey, despite expectations of him stepping straight in. Hopefully we can give these players a chance.

Maybe a couple more to come in still and interesting times ahead.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:13 am

We miss Eze's creativity, but he was increasingly good at mucking in. He made twice the number of tackles per game last year that he did in 2017/18, and was winning an increasing share of headers. Obviously I won't say he was good in the air, but he was making a better fist of it. He also made more long passes, which indicates he was mucking in more further back on the pitch. I don't think eg Carroll has the same presence.

Danish Ranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Danish Ranger » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:05 am

Eze will be missed but I think the combination of Chair, LTC and BOS will be able to provide the necessary number of chances for Bonne and Dykes

If that can be combined with a slightly more solid defense, I think we can start dreaming of a top half finish

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:11 am

Devonranger wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:22 am
Think there has been plenty of mention about the loss of Eze, Wells and Hugill. Eze alone was such a key player in our attacking game. You can even add in the lack of Ryan Manning in there currently - another player who was involved in our attacking game from the left back position.

It will take a bit of time to see our new attacking options come together. Read an article - I think it was one of Clive's on Loft for Words - about Eze's journey through our system and that Ilias Chair is still a year or two behind in that journey, despite expectations of him stepping straight in. Hopefully we can give these players a chance.

Maybe a couple more to come in still and interesting times ahead.
Does anyone the latest on Manning? I feel we're missing his threat. Coincidentally his brother Ronan is tearing it up with Athlone Town in Ireland. Probably worth a look. He's a young striker.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa