Hämäläinen

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Hämäläinen

Post by n22hoop » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:23 pm

Played for Finland tonight in their victory over Ireland in Dublin. Kept a clean sheet too. Well done fella.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Hämäläinen

Post by dm » Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:06 pm

I caught most of the second half to see how he played. I've only seen him play a few times but I'm yet to be convinced he's at a level to play in the Championship.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:19 am

He’s got a lovely touch, very good on the ball. I fear he’s very light-weight though.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

jalmari

Post by jalmari » Mon Sep 07, 2020 10:33 am

I think the general discussion here in Finland is that it was a promising display from him, clearly more positives than negatives. I think lack of proper games is visible, but with more responsibility and progress there is definitely a good player there. Lot of good passing, especially in the first half. Highlight being a really nice throughball to set up a perfect scoring opportunity to Pukki. Also good runs forward, he was often playable in good areas in the attacking half. Negatives were on the defensive side, a lot more "grit" would be required as well as having the positional sense to track back earlier. And the light-weightness like mentioned here before.

In my views a good start to wearing the Finnish jersey, I'm glad he made this choice. :)