Hall gone

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

willesdenr

Hall gone

Post by willesdenr » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:18 am

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Hall gone

Post by dm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:52 am

I see Lynch has departed Sunderland. Maybe Hall will end up there? You'd have thought he has something lined up.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:58 am

We obviously made him an offer he COULD refuse. I quite liked him. On his day, he could be excellent but prone to the odd off day. At 28, I can't see him improving much now. So our CB pairing is likely to be Masterson and Barbet. Masterson looks to have a good future. Quality player. Maybe MW told Hall that he was dropping down the pecking order. If he's gone because he'd rather play then cash in for sitting on his arse then all credit to him. Good luck for the future, Grant. Make sure you have an off day when you play QPR!
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:20 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:52 am
I see Lynch has departed Sunderland. Maybe Hall will end up there? You'd have thought he has something lined up.
I sincerely hope he's got something better lined up than Sunderland. Absolute basketcase of a club. I'll be interested to see where he goes. Probably a better paying Championship club, of which there are plenty.

Always liked him, but I think it's the right decision if he wasn't prepared to take a pay cut. He had a very good first two seasons, but the club were very supportive of him through the next two when he barely played, through no fault of his own.

Judging by the comments on the official site, it's all ended amicably, which is good to see. Good luck, Grant.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:49 pm

I think it's a bit of a blow to be honest, but I'm glad the club is willing to stick to its position. The issue was obviously pay, and unfortunately Hall leaving is one of those things we will have to endure if we are to become more sustainable.
Also glad that, like Pugh, everyone is being grown up and transparent about it. For a couple of years now, it seems that players who do depart have left on good terms, rather than indifferently or with a chip on their shoulder.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:24 pm

Slightly strange that Hall should leave now as most clubs seem to be keeping their players until the season has finished.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:50 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:24 pm
Slightly strange that Hall should leave now as most clubs seem to be keeping their players until the season has finished.
His contract was up at the end of this month and it was fairly obvious from the language used of the offish that he wanted more money than the club was prepared to offer on a renewed deal. An agreement will have been reached for him to move on now.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:55 pm

dm wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:50 pm
Rbee wrote:
His contract was up at the end of this month and it was fairly obvious from the language used of the offish that he wanted more money than the club was prepared to offer on a renewed deal. An agreement will have been reached for him to move on now.
Sorry, I meant most clubs are keeping their players whose contract's are about to expire, like Grant's, until the season ends.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:06 pm

dm wrote:
Rbee wrote:
These are extraordinary times, so I'm surprised that contracts were not extended until the end of the season. This would actually make much more sense that a player is contracted for a season rather than a date. A simple re-wording of the standard contract could cover this. Even if it was only for this season.

So, if he's moving abroad (huge gamble at these times), or to a Premier League club (won't be able to play due to not being in the named squad), or to another Championship club (that does not seem to be in the spirit - if he signs for a rival when there are still games to be played this season), anywhere else he'll have to wait until next season to play.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:22 pm

Rbee wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:55 pm
dm wrote:
Rbee wrote:
Sorry, I meant most clubs are keeping their players whose contract's are about to expire, like Grant's, until the season ends.
I agree. I wonder if the club thought that he may be disruptive if not playing, the don't see us getting play offs or wanted to start experimenting with the new players? Only 9 games to go.

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by deadendjob » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:25 pm

I'm with the club on this. He's definitely a likeable chap, but he's been severely hampered by injury and was signed at a time we were throwing money around. We're becoming more sustainable - which I'm pleased to see.
It's a shame he won't renew but, I understand his position.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:54 pm

I'm a little bit disappointed with Hall if I'm being honest. We stuck by him very well and in the last couple of years he has done well out of us for not too much service. I would have liked to see him sign for another year.
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:53 am

I suppose his agent had a bit to do with his apparent disinclination to accept a lower wage offer from us. With his injury record and the current parlous state of clubs' finances, he may well struggle to get a better offer.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:59 am

old pauline wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:54 pm
I'm a little bit disappointed with Hall if I'm being honest. We stuck by him very well and in the last couple of years he has done well out of us for not too much service. I would have liked to see him sign for another year.
He played 130 games for us, and scored 5 goals. We would have had more games out of him if the club hadn't rushed him back from his tendinitis injury too soon, resulting in the need for an operation to cure it. basing it on Rangel's telling MW to give Hall the captaincy rather than himself I would say he was a respected player too.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

bigbobb
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by bigbobb » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:32 am

I'm guessing that we do not have any lawyers on here with an insight into footballers contracts because I suspect that extending or amending is not as straightforward as some seem to think.

:?
This time we'll get it right - just believe! :wink: