You had to be there moments

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: You had to be there moments

Post by Wegerle » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:45 am

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:06 pm
Slightly more personal but it did affect quite a number of QPR fans... I used to travel to games with my brothers take turns in driving. Our trip to Carrow Road started off on time and passed without incident but somewhere around Bury St. Edmonds my youngest brother, who had been out on the lash and finished it up with a dead dog kebab decided that releasing the malodorous gas building up inside him into the car for the rest of us share was a good idea. Winding the windows down wasn't getting the job done so we were forced to pull over and wait it out for five minutes or so with the doors wide open. After a few threats as what to do if the urge came upon him again we set off and made it it the ground with no further incident, Once ensconced in the corner where away fans were herded we settled in for the football. I have no idea what the score was but the overriding memory of that day came sometime early in the first half. I first became aware of the smell of the sewers of Hell permeating the atmosphere just a few seconds before an area of approximately 12'-15' appeared all around my brother who was stood there with a shit eating grin on his face. I wouldn't have been shocked if the ref had stopped the game and cleared the pitch until the smell had gone. Nobody's guts should smell that bad and if you were one of those there that has a recollection of this happening, I can only apologise on his behalf. We also had to stop twice on the way back too to avoid any further discomfort. Definitely a "you had to be there" moment.
:D That is a great story which could have happened to me as well!
Speaking of Norwich: early 90's I had an internship at Lotus Cars. They set me up with a QPR fan from Norwich to drive to London for a game against Spurs. During the whole trip this adult bloke was bragging about his adventures with 13 and 14 year old girls! At first I thought he was joking but it became very unsettling during the trip. I went back by train...alone!

UxbridgeR
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Wegerle wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm
The crazy scenes at the Etihad when City became champions and we stayed up.
At 2-1 for us, the atmosphere from the City fans was becoming a bit intimidating. When they scored the winner and we heard that we were safe it was one big party and hug fest!
I've never been hugged more by opposition fans on the way home as that day!
That was an amazing afternoon. I was right on the end of a row, with just a thin line of stewards between me and the City fans to our left. Totally lost it when Mackie put us in front, but as stoppage time approached, I was genuinely starting to worry about how we were going to make it back to the station without getting a serious kicking.

After the final whistle, it was just surreal. 48k people, both home and away fans, all deliriously happy. How often does that ever happen at football ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

Wegerle
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Wegerle » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:28 pm

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:10 pm
Wegerle wrote:
At 2-1 for us, the atmosphere from the City fans was becoming a bit intimidating. When they scored the winner and we heard that we were safe it was one big party and hug fest!
That was an amazing afternoon. I was right on the end of a row, with just a thin line of stewards between me and the City fans to our left. Totally lost it when Mackie put us in front, but as stoppage time approached, I was genuinely starting to worry about how we were going to make it back to the station without getting a serious kicking.

After the final whistle, it was just surreal. 48k people, both home and away fans, all deliriously happy. How often does that ever happen at football ?
Same here Uxbridge, I was also at the end of a row and it was getting a bit nasty nearing the end. Some of our fans kept on taunting the City fans who were not amused. And then came those crazy last minutes! Whilst typing this I'm missing football more than ever before!

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri May 08, 2020 12:44 am

Brentford 2 - 0 up at home going into injury time.... The nylon fans singing "is there a fire drill" as most QPR fans had made for the exits with 5 minutes to go.....

Sat all the way through some horrible home matches over the last 10 years, Bolton (4 - 0), Swansea (5 - 0), Newcastle (6 - 0) etc but it was worth it watching their team choke that night as we grabbed an unlikely draw and seeing Ollie have an "episode" over the fans leaving the ground early in the after match interview....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Fri May 08, 2020 1:02 am

Wegerle wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:28 pm
UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:10 pm
Wegerle wrote:

Same here Uxbridge, I was also at the end of a row and it was getting a bit nasty nearing the end. Some of our fans kept on taunting the City fans who were not amused. And then came those crazy last minutes! Whilst typing this I'm missing football more than ever before!
I was actually at a dance rehearsal in East London for the Olympic opening ceremony that day and was trying to keep an ear out for the score when we were winning in injury time.....

Sorry but really was disappointed we lost as Aguero's goal is all that's remembered about that day and season now....

It's easy to forget we were 2 - 0 down against Liverpool at home and looking relegation in the face....

We turned that around and won 5 at home in a row including a last minute winner against Stoke that actually did keep us up....

I hated Ferguson but those 5 matches were days you had to be there for me rather than watching citeh buy a title....
2019/2020.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....