Stats With Barbet This Season...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Stats With Barbet This Season...

Post by SM » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:58 pm

Over the season QPR have now lost just 16.7% of the games Yoann Barbet has played. We also now average 1.94 points per game with Yoann in the side.

To put that into perspective top team Leeds have lost 21% of their games this season and are averaging 1.92 points per game.

:shock:
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Stats With Barbet This Season...

Post by dm » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:27 pm

Whereas we can all see how well he's played since returning from injury, I do wonder if these amazing Barbet stats are a bit anomalous. I've a feeling he's played at times when the team has been in good runs of form.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:45 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:27 pm
Whereas we can all see how well he's played since returning from injury, I do wonder if these amazing Barbet stats are a bit anomalous. I've a feeling he's played at times when the team has been in good runs of form.
Because he has been playing?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:58 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:45 pm
dm wrote:
Yep, sure, but maybe not only so.

Mr Beef
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Mr Beef » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:38 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:58 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:45 pm
dm wrote:
Yep, sure, but maybe not only so.
Yep, a lack of understanding of causality.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:47 pm

I don't read too much into these sorts of stats. I remember this being churned out last year with Cameron. As has been mentioned I think cycles in form have a lot more underlying factors and I think there are several other reasons why we have won and lost games. Luck being one of them.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:55 pm

old pauline wrote:
Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:47 pm
I don't read too much into these sorts of stats. I remember this being churned out last year with Cameron. As has been mentioned I think cycles in form have a lot more underlying factors and I think there are several other reasons why we have won and lost games. Luck being one of them.
So you think the nebulous and subjective concept of good fortune is a better explanation than the best centre half at the club coming back from injury, interesting.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:54 pm

Well I prefer to look at bigger pictures than component parts and I think better finishing (and a degree of luck) is just as much at the root of our run of results as the personnel in defence.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:12 pm

old pauline wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:54 pm
Well I prefer to look at bigger pictures than component parts and I think better finishing (and a degree of luck) is just as much at the root of our run of results as the personnel in defence.
Defence being the foundation of any team, no coincidence results have improved with his re-appearance.
He's not a silver bullet and the whole defensive line needs serious surgery during the summer.
Staff Benda Bilili