Ryan Manning

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Ryan Manning

Post by dm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:26 am

Although there have been positive statements made about Manning this season I feel he's not appreciated quite as much as some other players. So, here's a little post to give him some much deserved praise.

He really has been a revelation at left back this season. His attitude, work rate and contributions to the team are exemplary. He's played every minute of every league and cup game so far and kept his performance levels high all the time. Yesterday he was involved in 3 of the 4 goals and made two assists. He's successfully taken responsibility for set pieces, no mean feat given he's had to fill Freeman's boots in doing so. It looks like he's our penalty taker too. His performances are now keeping Wallace on the bench, a vastly experience left back who is highly regarded by Warburton. And he often plays with a smile on his face - I love that. Manning is just 23 and he's going to get even better.

It's worth noting he has achieved this despite never previously establishing a place in the starting 11 nor even nailing down a position he could call his own.

Right now I don't think there are many better left backs in the Championship than our Galway lad. Ryan Manning, take a bow son.

Lee Gib
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Re: Ryan Manning

Post by Lee Gib » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:43 am

aniclap aniclap Couldn't agree more. First name on the team sheet.

guyrob07

Post by guyrob07 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:18 am

Am I right in saying he was a striker when playing in Ireland?

His performances have been of the highest quality at left back, curious to see him play in his preferred central mid role.

Giorgio
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by Giorgio » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:21 am

...and consider that he is playing in a LB position that is not his natural one...at least he grew up as a left midfielder so he is now
adapting into a new and different role and he is doing that pretty well......meaning that he is indeed a very good player....
the one that few seasons ago was voted "Best Young Irish Player of the Year"....good piece of scouting and business, whoever did it...

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:49 am

guyrob07 wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:18 am
Am I right in saying he was a striker when playing in Ireland?

His performances have been of the highest quality at left back, curious to see him play in his preferred central mid role.
When at Mervue Utd and Galway Utd he mainly played at LM or CF. He's played at LW, RW, AM and CF for Ireland U21s.

Greyhound
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Greyhound » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:51 am

Another vote for Manning from me - doesn't grab the attention in the same way that Eze and Chair have, but he has been outstanding this season, either in a back 5 or 4.

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:59 pm

I'm Irish so obviously delighted to seem him doing well for QPR at the moment. Given how far down the divisions the ROI squad is picked from (Judge / L1 played in a recent game) then surely it's just a matter of time before Manning gets a call to the senior squad.

His crossing is exceptional at the moment.

Hopefully Masterson will see that it takes time but becoming a first team regular can happen. He's another serious talent.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

stainesranger
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by stainesranger » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:30 pm

I think his physicality has improved too. Good player. I don’t think he’s got the pace/tricks to go past players, but that’s all he’s really lacking and he doesn’t have to do that at LB.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:57 pm

Top lad.

Any other Irish r’s we’ve had over the years?

Dunne, Lomas (N Ireland).

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:11 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:57 pm
Top lad.

Any other Irish r’s we’ve had over the years?

Dunne, Lomas (N Ireland).
The greatest of all is, of course, Alan MacDonald if we're including Norn Iron. And don't forget Paul Smyth.

Others would be Don Givens, Gary Waddock, John Byrne, and Rowly all of whom played for the Republic of Ireland

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:18 pm

How the hell could i forget Macca.

Rowland & Rowlands.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:15 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:30 pm
I think his physicality has improved too. Good player. I don’t think he’s got the pace/tricks to go past players, but that’s all he’s really lacking and he doesn’t have to do that at LB.
He's not slow and touch is good but i agree that's what makes him suited to being an attacking FB / WB. I've always really liked Manning so i'm glad he's making this position his own. I'm hoping Kane can settle, giving us two very dangerous players in the at role.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Ian Stewart was a fantastic player or us and N. Ireland for a couple of seasons. Then there was Billy Hamilton (NI) as well as the grafter Paul McGee of the Republic. Ryan's done very well. Might be helping having Wallace in the wings.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Barry
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Barry » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:08 pm

I think Richard Dunne was our last Irish international?
QPR & Ireland

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:36 pm

Barry wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:08 pm
I think Richard Dunne was our last Irish international?
Olamide Shodipo?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.