Final push for LFC Stadium

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

deadendjob
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Final push for LFC Stadium

Post by deadendjob » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:31 pm

Hoo's has issued a rallying cry for supporters to get on board with the Lindford Christie Stadium consultation.
On the OFFISH here.

Consultation here

Needs to be done before the 12th June

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Final push for LFC Stadium

Post by Montag » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:14 pm

So, if a stadium is built, who will own it? The council? Could we potentially end up like Coventry then? Very dangerous territory unless we can get a cast iron deal. Which we are renowned for doing of course.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:17 pm

Strange comments from the club about certain members of Hammersmith council wanting the Rangers out of the borough and saying a new stadium could put people's children at the risk of knife crime. What on earth is that all about ?

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:17 pm
Strange comments from the club about certain members of Hammersmith council wanting the Rangers out of the borough and saying a new stadium could put people's children at the risk of knife crime. What on earth is that all about ?
I think H & F have made it increasingly difficult for fans to park in W12 on match days. The pedestrianisation of Australia road, the new traffic calming pavement buttresses on the Uxbridge road side. All reducing parking. Not to mention the charges on Saturdays. Perhaps the community which is largely non-QPR supporting don't want us there either?
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 pm

222gers wrote:
The club statement says there's an anti-QPR campaign but there was no mention of it being within the council.

222gers
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:47 pm

dm wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 pm
222gers wrote:
The club statement says there's an anti-QPR campaign but there was no mention of it being within the council.
Yes, you're right DM. I read the email quickly and thought Hoos had said the anti QPR campaign was amongst the council. I wonder who these anti people are. The make up of the borough has changed over recent years with a lot of mimsy types moving in.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:58 pm

222gers wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:47 pm
dm wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:03 pm
222gers wrote:
Yes, you're right DM. I read the email quickly and thought Hoos had said the anti QPR campaign was amongst the council. I wonder who these anti people are. The make up of the borough has changed over recent years with a lot of mimsy types moving in.
Who knows 222gers? Brentford trouble makers? 'Friends' of Wormwood scrubs? Disaffected athletes? Nothing ever comes easy to QPR does it?

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:39 am

I got the impression we'd obviously upset parts on the council by our previous "assuming" attitude.

I think this was with respect to the Car Giant planning kerfuffle and latterly the stadium - feeling was also Fernandes was being too assuming too although this was only guesswork from the comments at the time.

It may also be that our recent Board member joining ( don't have his name - but also a property developer ) has either eased the wheels or buggered it up completely. Again, very difficult to ascertain a Councils feeling on this, you are either seen as a money grabbing opportunist or a professional financial crutch helping out the community get what they want. As for the car park issue, again we'll never win.

We portray ourselves as a local community club and rightly so, but I guess like many my closeness to the ground over time has lessened so much so that many of us are "satellite supporters" living and commuting 40-50 miles to visit the ground on match days and this is perhaps viewed as non local / non community involvement - well I've got news for them, Man U and Liverpool and others draw in UK support from all over the UK on a weekly basis - when living in Croxley Green a local neighbor commuted by car the every Man U game as a season ticket holder....go figure Mr Councilor.

We're no different.

Id have thought in these hamstrung times the Council should be more conciliatory and thankful they've got a investment partner like us interested and wanting to stay in the Borough. My reply suggested as much, but in a much nicer way. aniwall aniwall aniwall
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:12 pm

In my experience Councillors like to take the credit for anything that happens in their communities (more often than not with little justification).

I imagine if we were packaging the community stadium as a QPR initiative with QPR effectively delivering community services in the area then they probably went on the attack so as to defend their corner.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:23 pm

But who will own the stadium?

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:17 am

Bump.

Last chance to fill in the survey is today!
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

DBHoops
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by DBHoops » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:58 pm

222gers wrote:

I wonder whether this was the driver behind the gifting of Loftus Road naming rights to the Kiyan Prince Foundation? (which we all knew would be voted in over the other 4 when it became a fan vote...). Its a great initiative but I did wonder whether it was truly altruistic.

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm

So H & F will own it and we will lease it. Is that right? Better off where we are, if that's the case.

willesdenr

Post by willesdenr » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:25 pm

Montag wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:27 pm
So H & F will own it and we will lease it. Is that right? Better off where we are, if that's the case.
I suspect H&F will continue to own the land and will lease it (hopefully a minimum of 100 years) to the club, which seems to me only right and proper for council owned land. H&F won't put a penny into construction so the club will own the stadium and the rights to any future developments. Well that's my take. No doubt we will see the reality in due course, if it ever happens.

jimjams
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by jimjams » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:41 pm

From the consultation document thing it seems like they might need an act of parliament to sell the land to us. Also, they say they want the plan to result in a long term income stream for the club. I suppose we might get the lease very cheap and pay some rent or something.