Pawel & Cousins Being Released...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Pawel & Cousins Being Released...

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed May 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Stans left foot wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:49 am
Well, I'll stick my neck over the parapet and say I'm sad to see Lynch go.

Problem was there was always a mistake waiting to happen, usually the misplaced pass out of defence which got us right back into the trouble he was supposed to clear.... aniwall

Despite that I always felt he was giving 100% for himself and pushing the team.

Wish them all well, and for a few that turning point in your life where you have to find a proper job.

The enigma: Cousins : Player of the year at Charlton - methinks either they rigged the vote, or it was a dross side, of we were scammed and never saw the player in there, leastways he never did it in the Hoops, hope he can find a club and make it work.
Apart from a purple patch last season -when I thought he was playing excellently and had turned a corner- I though Lynch was dire. He looked lazy and disinterested to me and as you say "an accident waiting to happen". We won't miss him IMO. I agree Cousins was an enigma - and I find it worrying how many players come to us with a decent reputation and then don't come anywhere near being the player we thought we were getting (coincidence?).

Bidwell was a good servant to us and always gave 100%, we'll do well to replace him with someone as able. Pav is the one I will miss, skillful, pacy, and got a few goals - another we'll find hard to replace.
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Wed May 15, 2019 2:07 pm

Rbee wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:55 am
Pleased to see John Eustace is staying as Assistant Manager and Neil Banfield joining us as First Team Coach from Glasgow Rangers where he has been scouting.
Yeah...we need a few more coaches at the club. :lol:

BiscuitRanger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by BiscuitRanger » Wed May 15, 2019 8:29 pm

SM wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm
Grant Hall has another year to run apparently...
Enough time to get up for a corner?
Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out.

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm

Bear-Grills wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 am
Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 pm
old pauline wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:38 pm
It is a BIG step up from the U.23's to the first team. Especially for a striker. I can't see Oteh, Walker or any of our other young strikers breaking through. Ditto Ben Wells. Just too small to be a Championship centre back.
I've long lamented the scouting system or the lack of it at Loftus Road.
Agree about the attacking options. Oteh looks the best of the bunch but needs time,
Walker looks a poor player for me, he may improve but can Warburton provide that?
Not having a dig Andy, but how many times have you seen Walker play - just curious
Seen him play a couple of times, enough to notice that "improvement" from him will
be a slow burn.
Staff Benda Bilili

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 am

dm wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:09 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:37 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:53 pm

I'd imagine with no mention of Hall, that's a sign we are trying to work some sort of deal out to keep him.

I'd imagine Ingram will still be our second choice keeper. Goss i suspect will be loaned out, Wheeler probably but they might take a look pre-season.

Agreed on the other 3. At this rate Kakay might have to be used as cover and Oteh is one of only two strikers at the club (although i'm not sure he isn't another winger / striker tweener). But i don't think either are ready and Oteh's loan isn't inspiring. Same for Hämäläinen.
This season might see Charlie Kendall go ahead of Oteh in the pecking order, he has had a very productive season in the U18's & ended up doing well in the U23's. With the shortage of defenders Ben Wells may move up to the first team too.
I thought Kendall had been injured for much of the season.
He was. He scored a hatful before his injury and upon his return, he carried on scoring for fun. He looks like the real deal, but we will see.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.