Pawel & Cousins Being Released...

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Re: Pawel & Cousins Being Released...

Post by Satch » Tue May 14, 2019 6:12 pm

dm wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:08 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:00 pm
White Duck wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm

Apart from Pav I won't miss any of the others but I agree that the defence in particular needs strengthening. Hopefully we already have some signing lined up.
Bidwell was pretty solid if unspectacular, decent LBs can be hard to replace i can see why the club might have fancied not having to worry about that but if the money isn't there. We're very light at the back, missing a holding midfielder and don't have a starting striker.
Yep, at this point I reckon we'll need to bring in at least 6 players - a CB, a LB, two CMs, and two strikers.
Wouldn't hurt to have two CBs, if we do sign an LB that frees up Manning for a CM berth. A lot of work to be done with not a lot of money to do it.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue May 14, 2019 6:12 pm

SM wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm
Grant Hall has another year to run apparently...
Huh, i was sure he was OOC.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 14, 2019 6:37 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:53 pm
dm wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:36 pm
SM wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:18 pm
Has Grant Hall got another year left?
I am pretty sure his contract is up too but no mention of him yet.

I expect the club to try and offload Ingram, Goss and Wheeler, if not by transfer by season long loans.

It'll be interesting to see what the club wants to do with Kakay, Oteh and Hamalainen. I don't think they're ready for Championship football so maybe loans out for them too.
I'd imagine with no mention of Hall, that's a sign we are trying to work some sort of deal out to keep him.

I'd imagine Ingram will still be our second choice keeper. Goss i suspect will be loaned out, Wheeler probably but they might take a look pre-season.

Agreed on the other 3. At this rate Kakay might have to be used as cover and Oteh is one of only two strikers at the club (although i'm not sure he isn't another winger / striker tweener). But i don't think either are ready and Oteh's loan isn't inspiring. Same for Hämäläinen.
This season might see Charlie Kendall go ahead of Oteh in the pecking order, he has had a very productive season in the U18's & ended up doing well in the U23's. With the shortage of defenders Ben Wells may move up to the first team too.
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue May 14, 2019 6:54 pm

It's going to be a massive ask for anyone to step up from that level, especially so quickly. We're going to need to rustle up some talent from somewhere unexpected though.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Tue May 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:37 pm
Satch wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:53 pm
dm wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 3:36 pm

I am pretty sure his contract is up too but no mention of him yet.

I expect the club to try and offload Ingram, Goss and Wheeler, if not by transfer by season long loans.

It'll be interesting to see what the club wants to do with Kakay, Oteh and Hamalainen. I don't think they're ready for Championship football so maybe loans out for them too.
I'd imagine with no mention of Hall, that's a sign we are trying to work some sort of deal out to keep him.

I'd imagine Ingram will still be our second choice keeper. Goss i suspect will be loaned out, Wheeler probably but they might take a look pre-season.

Agreed on the other 3. At this rate Kakay might have to be used as cover and Oteh is one of only two strikers at the club (although i'm not sure he isn't another winger / striker tweener). But i don't think either are ready and Oteh's loan isn't inspiring. Same for Hämäläinen.
This season might see Charlie Kendall go ahead of Oteh in the pecking order, he has had a very productive season in the U18's & ended up doing well in the U23's. With the shortage of defenders Ben Wells may move up to the first team too.
I thought Kendall had been injured for much of the season.

old pauline
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue May 14, 2019 7:38 pm

It is a BIG step up from the U.23's to the first team. Especially for a striker. I can't see Oteh, Walker or any of our other young strikers breaking through. Ditto Ben Wells. Just too small to be a Championship centre back.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Montag
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Montag » Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm

Shame about Pawel. Very often our best player for the last few seasons. Should've hung onto him. Bidwell too as he's pretty solid. The trouble with the young players is that some of them aren't that young. If they're not ready now they probably won't ever be. Anyone remember when we used to have our young players come into the team and improve it? Waddock, Neil, Dawes, Stewart, Francis, Clement, Gillard, Clive Allen, Goddard, Langley, Hucker - just to name a few obvious ones. Can't really say that now.
"Go, muster men: My council is my shield ; We must be brief, when traitors brave the field."
Richard III, Act IV, W. Shakespeare

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue May 14, 2019 9:07 pm

Montag wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Shame about Pawel. Very often our best player for the last few seasons. Should've hung onto him. Bidwell too as he's pretty solid. The trouble with the young players is that some of them aren't that young. If they're not ready now they probably won't ever be. Anyone remember when we used to have our young players come into the team and improve it? Waddock, Neil, Dawes, Stewart, Francis, Clement, Gillard, Clive Allen, Goddard, Langley, Hucker - just to name a few obvious ones. Can't really say that now.
That's all well and good but we also need to reduce our expenditure and fill in gaps in the squad. It's clearly not possible to do all three.

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 pm

Montag wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Now they all get poached if they're any good I suppose?
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Andy_N19
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Andy_N19 » Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 pm

old pauline wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:38 pm
It is a BIG step up from the U.23's to the first team. Especially for a striker. I can't see Oteh, Walker or any of our other young strikers breaking through. Ditto Ben Wells. Just too small to be a Championship centre back.
I've long lamented the scouting system or the lack of it at Loftus Road.
Agree about the attacking options. Oteh looks the best of the bunch but needs time,
Walker looks a poor player for me, he may improve but can Warburton provide that?
Staff Benda Bilili

the big IP
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by the big IP » Wed May 15, 2019 4:24 am

Next season is going to be one long torture session.

Unless someone comes along and pulls a rabbit out of the hat.

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Rbee » Wed May 15, 2019 6:55 am

Pleased to see John Eustace is staying as Assistant Manager and Neil Banfield joining us as First Team Coach from Glasgow Rangers where he has been scouting.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Wed May 15, 2019 8:23 am

Satch wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:12 pm
SM wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:09 pm
Grant Hall has another year to run apparently...
Huh, i was sure he was OOC.
Me too.

He apparently extended it at some point over the last couple of years. I don’t believe it was ever formally announced for whatever reason.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

Bear-Grills
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Wed May 15, 2019 8:45 am

Andy_N19 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 pm
old pauline wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:38 pm
I've long lamented the scouting system or the lack of it at Loftus Road.
Agree about the attacking options. Oteh looks the best of the bunch but needs time,
Walker looks a poor player for me, he may improve but can Warburton provide that?
Not having a dig Andy, but how many times have you seen Walker play - just curious
“Tell the truth the first time, then you don’t have to remember what you said.”

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed May 15, 2019 8:49 am

Well, I'll stick my neck over the parapet and say I'm sad to see Lynch go.

Problem was there was always a mistake waiting to happen, usually the misplaced pass out of defence which got us right back into the trouble he was supposed to clear.... aniwall

Despite that I always felt he was giving 100% for himself and pushing the team.

Wish them all well, and for a few that turning point in your life where you have to find a proper job.

The enigma: Cousins : Player of the year at Charlton - methinks either they rigged the vote, or it was a dross side, of we were scammed and never saw the player in there, leastways he never did it in the Hoops, hope he can find a club and make it work.
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).