He should go....

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Rbee
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: He should go....

Post by Rbee » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:01 pm

I would much rather have someone ''who is QPR'' managing us.

I wasn't happy with Holloway's sacking and I was bewildered by McLaren's appointment given his record in the division.

But what do I know. Why do we lose a few and look shite, win a few and look great and revert back to shite and losing.

No fan of Schteve's but do not agree with sacking him now. However if the players are also no fan's of SMc and/or results continue to be poor what choice does the club have other than to replace him? For now give him time.

Here is a link to the thirty five passes Swansea played in the lead up to their third, it's an awful watch, Luongo on the 34th pass. Sorry it's the only link I can find, video is about half way down the page.

https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/its ... ainst-qpr/

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:08 pm

I think you are doing Holloway a huge dis-service there, Esox. I would recommend you listening to him speaking about managing in the Championship. I think he understands football management far better than just wanting players who want to play for the shirt.
Come on you Sooopa ........

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Rbee wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:01 pm
I would much rather have someone ''who is QPR'' managing us.

I wasn't happy with Holloway's sacking and I was bewildered by McLaren's appointment given his record in the division.

But what do I know. Why do we lose a few and look shite, win a few and look great and revert back to shite and losing.

No fan of Schteve's but do not agree with sacking him now. However if the players are also no fan's of SMc and/or results continue to be poor what choice does the club have other than to replace him? For now give him time.

Here is a link to the thirty five passes Swansea played in the lead up to their third, it's an awful watch, Luongo on the 34th pass. Sorry it's the only link I can find, video is about half way down the page.

https://swansea.vitalfootball.co.uk/its ... ainst-qpr/
Perhaps if we'd brought our own ball, they'd have let us play ! Or we could have said “oi, we've got the best coach in this division, or so they tell us”

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:33 pm

old pauline wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:08 pm
I think you are doing Holloway a huge dis-service there, Esox. I would recommend you listening to him speaking about managing in the Championship. I think he understands football management far better than just wanting players who want to play for the shirt.
I'm somewhat fed up of hearing Holloway talk though, if he understands so much about managing in the championship, we didn't see it in practice. Not that is should be our concern but when people express concern about us being a laughing stock, I can assure you that having Holloway as a manager is a contributing factor.
White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:37 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:01 am
Currently, statisically, the third best manager we have had since Venables. I think he has been a mistake because he appears to have jettisoned his remit in an effort to keep his job and that pisses me off. Going backwards into the hire a manager/ fire a manager cycle hasn't worked for us ever as far as I can remember, so what would be the benefit of doing it again. I am heartily sick of people calling for the board, the staff, the manager, the players to be sacked after every defeat, it's not even constructive criticism, it is just bile. I wonder why the same people aren't on here screaming about giving the players and manager 10 year contracts after every win? Supporting QPR over the years has proven to have a cyclical cadence to it and we are currently in one of the nadirs, this too will pass.
So you agree he's not following the club's remit to bring through and develop the young players and instead gone for the short term loans/over 30s option (and STILL getting terrible performances and results) and yet you think we should keep him on ad infinitum. Or do you have a point in time where you agree it's not working?

Developing the young players and creating a pathway for them into the first team is the future of QPR under FFP restrictions and we have ended up with a manager who clearly doesn't believe in this and yet people like you would rather keep allowing him to do this to the detriment of the club.
Of course there's a point in time where you can decide it's not working but don't you think that point might be further into the future than ten games?

I'd love to see him playing more youth, realistically though, at the moment the only player possibly keep youth out the side is Nakhi Wells and the switch to 4-4-2 (although even then it's debatable whether Wszolek might be preferred to either BOS or Smyth). We don't have young players who look close to ready at RB (bear in mind McClaren did play Kakay over Baptiste there initially) in the holding role of midfield or as a back to goal striker. There were also a huge number of fans bemoaning the lack of experience in the side last season (something i disagree with when you look at the number of appearances a lot of the side have)

I'm no fan of the loan market for us but given our restrictions, i don't see what else we can have done. Personally i'd have stuck with just Hemed (although he's not looked great in the last couple of games) and sold Freeman, then tried to use more youth and width but i don't believe for a second Holloway or any other manager wouldn't have brought in Wells and kept Freeman given the chance. Being relegated would be a disaster IMO and we can't gamble on that.

If you were to get your way (and it's disingenuous to suggest SMC was ever well supported by fans) and he be fired, who next and who after that?

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:47 pm

old pauline wrote:
In what way? He may be able to talk the talk but showed on many occasions that he couldn't walk the walk. His record with us proves that point. I wasn't as harsh on Holloway as many others were, including a number who are now abusing the club for the decision to get rid of him, and that seems to have been conveniently ignored. It is the same with Warnock, culminating in almost all the QPR fans at the MK Dons chanting about getting sacked in the morning. I have seen comments from QPR fans who said they were there who didn't hear any of that and I am flat out calling them liars, unless they have severe hearing impairment. I chose to sit over in the main stand that day so I was around half a pitch away from the 20k QPR fans in the away end and it was more than loud enough that I would wager it could be heard outside the ground.
I was accused earlier of slagging off QPR fans, that is far from the truth, I have quite a large number of good friends at Loftus Road and even differences of opinion over some QPR matters you would never catch me saying a bad word against them. I am however, critical of people who claim to be QPR fans, rarely if ever attend games and do nothing but lambaste the club at any and every excuse. There are many on the MB's who can't attend games for divers reasons but offer nothing more than constructive criticism when games or the club are being discussed; you won't find me having a go at those people. About 90% of the time I disagree with what Rich has to say about QPR and have had long back and forth posts with him but you wouldn't catch me slagging him off. There is a big difference between QPR fans who are disillusioned and QPR fans who gave up being supportive a long, long time ago and only feel the need to pour out all their negative feelings, not any positivism that a situation might merit.
Where was the Legion of Doom during the little winning run?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:02 pm

I'd prefer not to discuss the merits of posts on here as that is a purely subjective area really, based on opinions for a large part of the time. Additionally, on here, like in all areas of life there are going to be people who feel that they are qualified to give their views regardless of their validity and like I say, that happens in every walk of life.

However, I would have to disagree with you about Ollie. I myself was against his appointment back in Oct 2016 but for what its worth I thought he did a better job than he was credited for in many supporters' views and like I say, whenever I have heard him speak I have been very impressed with the substance which I believe he delivered on pretty well.
Come on you Sooopa ........

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Some people can't seem to differentiate between criticism of the MANAGER and the CLUB.

I remember very well a poster whose relentless abuse and criticism of our MANAGER a few years ago was offensive on a regular basis: I'm sure the individual involved was not having a go at the CLUB though.

What do you say about that Esox?
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:22 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:04 am
Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:46 am
Montag wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:13 pm

He must've had considerable input otherwise, what's he doing of and don't change my posts. Ollie was half decent I said. Which he was regardless of stats.
Except he wasn't half decent was he? He was poor... along with most of our recent managers.
So if in your limited opinion Holloway was poor then what does that make SMC? :roll:
Someone who is only ten games into the job.

For comparison, after the first ten games after he returned Holloway had 9 points compared to McClaren's 10. After 10 games at the start of last season Holloway had 13 points from an easier run of games. So not a light and day difference.

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:31 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:04 pm
Some people can't seem to differentiate between criticism of the MANAGER and the CLUB.

I remember very well a poster whose relentless abuse and criticism of our MANAGER a few years ago was offensive on a regular basis: I'm sure the individual involved was not having a go at the CLUB though.

I having no hesitation in saying that I would do things exactly the same again if 'arry was on his way to QPR, the man is a football club cancer. I also told him to his face before a game at LR what I thought of him and was looking forward to the day he departed our club. He didn't respond.
Comparing SMC to the candlefaced fücktard is analogous to comparing a shopper done for shoplifting to Fred West. Get a grip!

krama
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by krama » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:43 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:47 pm
old pauline wrote:
In what way? He may be able to talk the talk but showed on many occasions that he couldn't walk the walk. His record with us proves that point. I wasn't as harsh on Holloway as many others were, including a number who are now abusing the club for the decision to get rid of him, and that seems to have been conveniently ignored. It is the same with Warnock, culminating in almost all the QPR fans at the MK Dons chanting about getting sacked in the morning. I have seen comments from QPR fans who said they were there who didn't hear any of that and I am flat out calling them liars, unless they have severe hearing impairment. I chose to sit over in the main stand that day so I was around half a pitch away from the 20k QPR fans in the away end and it was more than loud enough that I would wager it could be heard outside the ground.
I was accused earlier of slagging off QPR fans, that is far from the truth, I have quite a large number of good friends at Loftus Road and even differences of opinion over some QPR matters you would never catch me saying a bad word against them. I am however, critical of people who claim to be QPR fans, rarely if ever attend games and do nothing but lambaste the club at any and every excuse. There are many on the MB's who can't attend games for divers reasons but offer nothing more than constructive criticism when games or the club are being discussed; you won't find me having a go at those people. About 90% of the time I disagree with what Rich has to say about QPR and have had long back and forth posts with him but you wouldn't catch me slagging him off. There is a big difference between QPR fans who are disillusioned and QPR fans who gave up being supportive a long, long time ago and only feel the need to pour out all their negative feelings, not any positivism that a situation might merit.
Where was the Legion of Doom during the little winning run?
They were wringing their hands that there was nothing to moan, gripe and whinge about. They only come alive and vocal when a losing streak is hit. All very strange isn't it. You'd think it would be the other way round.

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:18 pm

Esox Lucius wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:31 pm
White Duck wrote:

I having no hesitation in saying that I would do things exactly the same again if 'arry was on his way to QPR, the man is a football club cancer. I also told him to his face before a game at LR what I thought of him and was looking forward to the day he departed our club. He didn't respond.
Comparing SMC to the candlefaced fücktard is analogous to comparing a shopper done for shoplifting to Fred West. Get a grip!
Yes yes we are all aware of your irrational and overblown hatred for Redknapp but you miss the point. A lot of supporters are complaining about SMc's failings but that doesn't mean they are having a go at the CLUB.

Quite a few similarities in the Redknapp and SMc reigns so far: no wonder him and Harry got on and they worked together!
Lex Talionis........

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:33 pm

White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:18 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:
White Duck wrote:

Yes yes we are all aware of your irrational and overblown hatred for Redknapp but you miss the point. A lot of supporters are complaining about SMc's failings but that doesn't mean they are having a go at the CLUB.

Quite a few similarities in the Redknapp and SMc reigns so far: no wonder him and Harry got on and they worked together!
Hold on, what's irrational about hating Redknapp?

White Duck
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by White Duck » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:55 pm

Satch wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:33 pm
White Duck wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:18 pm
Esox Lucius wrote:

Hold on, what's irrational about hating Redknapp?
Well wishing he was dead was certainly irrational and overblown.....
Lex Talionis........

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Still not convincing people, and I believe you missed the subtle nuances in looking forward to reading his obituary rather than actually wishing him dead. He has no comparisons with SMC, or any other manager we have had bar Hughes. To suggest otherwise is completely erroneous.