Aston Villa

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Aston Villa

Post by westlondonlalala » Mon May 28, 2018 9:35 pm

stainesranger wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:31 pm
Any player who breaks their leg I basically discount as done and dusted until they prove otherwise. Add to that the fact that wheeler wasn’t proven at this level means that I hold out little or no hope for him having any impact on our first team whatsoever
He certainly plays in a competitive position.

But it’s a clean slate for the lot of them.

Could Washington end up in favour bag 6 in 5 during pre season & be an ever present under Schteve..

I’m getting carried away now aren’t I..

Bear-Grills
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Bear-Grills » Mon May 28, 2018 10:38 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 9:35 pm
Could Washington end up in favour bag 6 in 5 during pre season & be an ever present under Schteve..

I’m getting carried away now aren’t I..
If I didn't know better I'd think you were back on the booze :D
If drink isn't the answer, you were asked the wrong question

Esox Lucius
dot.org vip
dot.org vip

Post by Esox Lucius » Tue May 29, 2018 7:26 am

Didn't Wheeler score on his debut?... against 'boro away?
It's not the despair that will kill you, it's the hope.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Tue May 29, 2018 9:25 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:23 pm
old pauline wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 7:13 pm
Its worth remembering that 3-5-2 did actually work for us initially and there were a HELL of a lot pf people on here who were supportive of it. In fact, it could have been that it was only because od the defensive crisis that it became stifled and we had to revert to 4-4-2.

There were merits in the 3-5-2 though.
I agree but he still persisted to try and fit square pegs in round holes & should have scrapped it a lot sooner.

I think Ollies departure goes deeper than formation or performance, i think the board had ideas a while back & Schteve has been on the radar for some time.
I agree. Its pure conjecture but I reckon Ollie disagreed that we could become a better footballing team given the squad that we have and the constraints that we are under.
Come on you Sooopa ........

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Tue May 29, 2018 11:00 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 8:24 pm
Yep I have a feeling this could be sh*t or bust with the board & fans relationship.

If all goes well then fair enough onwards & hopefully upwards we go.

If it goes wrong & Schteve is a failure then god knows what next.

Makes me laugh though how so many are now sad to see Ollie go, I’m sure half of those are the same mob slating his appointment in the first place.
It was the manner of his dismissal that annoyed me not that we decided a new direction....

The rumoured use of his mum's passing as an excuse for his standing down was beyond the pail for me...... Glad he stood his ground

It was a mad appointment but no one else was willing (or worthwhile) to put up with Cirque Du QPR at the time.
2018/2019.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....