Luongo's Tackles

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

WA Hoop
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Luongo's Tackles

Post by WA Hoop » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 am

That's Tackles for those who mis-read :wink:

LUONGO LEADS CHAMPIONSHIP FOR TACKLES

Aaron Mooy has earned a reputation for his tackling prowess in the Premier League, but now another Caltex Socceroos midfielder is winning similar plaudits in the English Championship.

Massimo Luongo, who scored in his 100th game for Queens Park Rangers last weekend, leads the competition in tackles (115) with a 68% completion rate

https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/socce ... erm=816437
Question everything.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Re: Luongo's Tackles

Post by SM » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 pm

He does so much work, it’s no surprise to me that he’s topping the charts.

It genuinely amazes me that some people don’t rate him. Phenomenal player.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:36 pm

He's good. I wouldn't quite put him on the same pedestal as Ale Faurlin on his day but he is good and you notice how good he is when he doesn't play (i.e. the recent game when he was suspended - Boro, I think it might have been).
Come on you Sooopa ........

Stans left foot
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Stans left foot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:20 pm

Well, I'll say first then,

I have a certain issue with discussing an Aussie's tackle on here.... :roll:
"Fing Poo Wah" ( your comments are as much interest to me as a dogs fart ).

sohamranger
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by sohamranger » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:40 pm

This season I think he has really come on a bundle..A very good player for us now.
Wasn't over sure in the past nth.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:46 pm

SM wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 pm
He does so much work, it’s no surprise to me that he’s topping the charts.

It genuinely amazes me that some people don’t rate him. Phenomenal player.
Agreed, been even better since Scowen came in and relieved him of having to play as deep. I think we'll be lucky to hang on to him for much longer.

As an aside, having to prefix the team nickname with the sponsor is a horrible state of affairs.
old pauline wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:36 pm
He's good. I wouldn't quite put him on the same pedestal as Ale Faurlin on his day but he is good and you notice how good he is when he doesn't play (i.e. the recent game when he was suspended - Boro, I think it might have been).
Faurlin was a class apart tbf. Different type of player though.

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 pm

So we have the top tackler and best assist provider in our midfield trio & yet there are still some on here that think our midfield is overrated.

Personally I think we would be facing relegation without those three together.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:47 pm

westlondonlalala wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:48 pm
So we have the top tackler and best assist provider in our midfield trio & yet there are still some on here that think our midfield is overrated.

We're pretty close with them

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:35 am

Satch wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:47 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

I guess it depends on what you class as close we’re as close to relegation as we are to mid table.

superh00p
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by superh00p » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:09 am

My feeling with the midfield 3 is that it just lacks a bit of a calm head...someone who can make a bit of time and space for themselves, read the game and pick the right pass. A Ray Wilkins type player.

Don't get me wrong they've been great and have saved our season this year...the three of them are all action - bustling and hustling and constantly on the move. But I find watching them quite exhausting! They never stop running! I feel like in among that we could really do with someone a bit calmer.

I guess that's why I still think Sean Goss could be a promising player. Not this season, and maybe not even next season...but he's got the makings of a player that can dictate a game without having to move very much (!) and that's what feels missing from our midfield at the moment.

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am

Its an interesting one. I always find those types of deep-lying ball-spraying central midfielders to have it relatively easy and consequently to look good even if they are not necessarily impacting much on the game. George Kulcsar, Matthew Rose and Tom Carroll, when he played for us come to mind. If you do have one of them then I think its important that they go on late runs to the edge of the box where they can actually be in with a chance of scoring. Jonjo Shelvey at Newcastle plays the role very very well and I think Aaron Mooy might too. In short, I prefer to see a terrier in there like we already have in Josh Scowen.

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:24 am

westlondonlalala wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:35 am
Satch wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:47 pm
westlondonlalala wrote:

I guess it depends on what you class as close we’re as close to relegation as we are to mid table.
Fair point LaLa.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:28 am

old pauline wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:17 am
Its an interesting one. I always find those types of deep-lying ball-spraying central midfielders to have it relatively easy and consequently to look good even if they are not necessarily impacting much on the game. George Kulcsar, Matthew Rose and Tom Carroll, when he played for us come to mind. If you do have one of them then I think its important that they go on late runs to the edge of the box where they can actually be in with a chance of scoring. Jonjo Shelvey at Newcastle plays the role very very well and I think Aaron Mooy might too. In short, I prefer to see a terrier in there like we already have in Josh Scowen.
When did George Kulscar ever look good :lol:

He certainly sprayed the ball around, usually to the opposition or into the stand. Absolutely dire. Rose was a defender, though some might even call that a misnomer.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

old pauline
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by old pauline » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:56 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:28 am
old pauline wrote:
When did George Kulscar ever look good :lol:

He certainly sprayed the ball around, usually to the opposition or into the stand. Absolutely dire. Rose was a defender, though some might even call that a misnomer.
Like many a player before him, and since, George Kulcsar looked good in this first few games. Matthew Rose played a fair few number of games as a deep-lying midfielder. I think Borysiuk also almost falls into the 'stroller' category.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:53 am

old pauline wrote:
Scowen calls himself 'a rat'.
:wink:
Your point about our midfielders getting into scoring positions is a good one, though. I wish that they could do their harrying, chasing, tackling, assisting and score goals! It would make a big difference.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.