Sean Goss

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R, Virginia_R

Monkey
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Re: Sean Goss

Post by Monkey » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:20 pm

pribbling idle-headed giglet off lala, it’s getting tiresome how you put a negative slant on anything he does. Yes it was a risk to spend £500k on the lad, but in the greater scheme of things its nowt, and he’s not had much of a chance to justify it.

I don’t know why the article calls out Goss, but the sweaty rangers were missing their starting DM for this game and got over run in midfield. Maybe it was Goss’s fault? (I assume you watched the game given that you’re offering your opinion).

How about you give the lad a chance? Maybe you’ll be proved right and it turns out to be a waste of half a mil, but you don’t have to keep bleating on about it all the time with your negative attitude FFS.

How many games have you seen him play out of interest?
If you had a million Shakespeares, could they write like a monkey?

westlondonlalala
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by westlondonlalala » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Monkey wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:20 pm
pribbling idle-headed giglet off lala, it’s getting tiresome how you put a negative slant on anything he does. Yes it was a risk to spend £500k on the lad, but in the greater scheme of things its nowt, and he’s not had much of a chance to justify it.

I don’t know why the article calls out Goss, but the sweaty rangers were missing their starting DM for this game and got over run in midfield. Maybe it was Goss’s fault? (I assume you watched the game given that you’re offering your opinion).

How about you give the lad a chance? Maybe you’ll be proved right and it turns out to be a waste of half a mil, but you don’t have to keep bleating on about it all the time with your negative attitude FFS.

How many games have you seen him play out of interest?
Are you f*cking mad or have you got a mind of a 3yr old! I said it’s not his fault it’s only his 9th pro game, I said there is obviously talent there but you’ve got to have a bit of fight about you these days just ask the likes of Zaha & Hazard two of the most gifted players at the top of there game yet always back defending & winning the ball back, I didn’t post the article on Goss i just responded to it, I also said give him time it’s only his 9th game!

And for your information I watched him get over run and outplayed for 45mins away to Brentford last season he was subbed at half time.

He played 6 games for us & got shipped off this season & now Reports north of the border are questioning him, but hey ho f*ck qpr & the match report up north Monkey knows best it’s only a cheeky half mil!

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm

Sean had another good game for Rangers today by all accounts. Including a blistering shot which hit the bar.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

Northolt_Rs
Level 2 dot.orger
Level 2 dot.orger

Post by Northolt_Rs » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Let’s hope the game time means he comes back to us ready to slot straight back in the first team and can have a positive impact for us...

“The striker made up for that moments later as a powerful Sean Goss shot thundered against the bar and Morelos showed great skill to half-volley first time into the top corner.” So does that qualify as an assist? aniclap

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:55 pm

Northolt_Rs wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm
Let’s hope the game time means he comes back to us ready to slot straight back in the first team and can have a positive impact for us...
Given that we may lose a quite a few few of our squad in the summer, let's hope so.

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:50 pm

ZENITH R wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:22 pm
Sean had another good game for Rangers today by all accounts. Including a blistering shot which hit the bar.
Against a Scottish League 1 side, who I'm not sure are even full-time professionals. Perspective is important.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

n22hoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by n22hoop » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:30 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:55 pm
Northolt_Rs wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:42 pm
Given that we may lose a quite a few few of our squad in the summer, let's hope so.
I doubt he'll want to come with Ollie in charge. He's playing at the moment, he'll be warming the bench at QPR.
"Football is the love of form. A spectacle that scarcely leaves a trace in the memory and does not enrich or impoverish knowledge. This is its appeal : it is exciting and empty." Mario Vargas Llosa

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:18 am

We should be pleased when he does well when he is out on loan. It is meant to make him a better, more experienced player. That will be beneficial when he comes back, either because he will be more useful to us, or, because we shall be able to sell him. At the moment, the latter seems more likely, but, it would be good to think that as a stronger, more adaptable and more experienced player, there was a place for him in the QPR team.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

ZENITH R

Post by ZENITH R » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am

UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:50 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Against a Scottish League 1 side, who I'm not sure are even full-time professionals. Perspective is important.
Remind me how we did against MK Dons in the FA Cup with practically our first choice team playing. Or how we took apart a struggling Northampton side earlier in the season. Both fixtures at home.
Saturday 9th November 1968: QPR V Burnley in the First Division - I saw the Hoops for the first time and my obsession began!

Remember:
Growing old is inevitable.
Growing up is optional.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:50 am

I watched part of the game, only a few minutes... but the standard was absolutely dire. Looked like a training session.

With respect, he should be getting glowing reports every week if that’s what he’s up against.
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm

SM wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:50 am
I watched part of the game, only a few minutes... but the standard was absolutely dire. Looked like a training session.

With respect, he should be getting glowing reports every week if that’s what he’s up against.
It was a cup game against a championship side, which is essentially League 2 or even non-league standard here. Playing for Rangers in front of big crowds at Ibrox and against their bigger teams will be great experience for him. He'll come back a much better player or we'll make money on him if he likes playing for such a big club

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:36 pm

SheepRanger wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:11 pm
SM wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:50 am

It was a cup game against a championship side, which is essentially League 2 or even non-league standard here. Playing for Rangers in front of big crowds at Ibrox and against their bigger teams will be great experience for him. He'll come back a much better player or we'll make money on him if he likes playing for such a big club
Thanks for clarifying SheepRanger, I assumed that it was a league game.

I’m not quite sure how much he’ll take from the experience. Playing for a dominant team in what is a very poor league won’t really prepare him for the rigours of Championship football IMO.

I’m sure he will have loads of time to spray balls over the pitch and play his game - but he needs to toughen up to get anywhere near our first team. I think it’s a great experience to play for such a big club, but long-term I’m unsure it will really help him.

Satch
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm

Surely playing for a big club in front of big crowds is something he doesn't need to work on to get in our first team.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 pm

Satch wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:25 pm
Surely playing for a big club in front of big crowds is something he doesn't need to work on to get in our first team.
:lol:

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 am

ZENITH R wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:01 am
UxbridgeR wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:50 pm
ZENITH R wrote:
Remind me how we did against MK Dons in the FA Cup with practically our first choice team playing. Or how we took apart a struggling Northampton side earlier in the season. Both fixtures at home.
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here. How does our whole team's performance against clubs a division below us correlate with Sean Goss' against a team two divisions below Rangers, and an absolute chasm away in terms of financial resourses ?

if he's doing well up there, that's good news. He clearly doesn't fit into the midfield system we want to play, so maybe it will put him in the shop window and we can get some money back on him. I don't think having a good game against Ayr United tells us much about his ability though.
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?