Jack Robinson watch

Serious QPR topics only. Posted images may be deleted. Off-topic or thread hijacking posts will be moved/removed and posters disallowed access to this forum. NO TICKET RELATED POSTS. ALL TICKET RELATED POSTS WILL BE DELETED. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please put ticket related posts in the right place only.

Moderators: Virginia_R, nige101uk, willesdenr, qprdotorgadmin, ZENITH R

Devonranger
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Re: Jack Robinson watch

Post by Devonranger » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Oops 😁

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:19 pm

You wouldn't know given how bad my time keeping is.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Satch wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:19 pm
You wouldn't know given how bad my time keeping is.
I'm retired now but it was always that workers are late, whereas managers are “running late”, the supposition being that their tardiness is beyond their control.

Systemsguy
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by Systemsguy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Until this season he was a regular in the physio suite....

The club is caught between a rock and a hard place.... He's no doubt on a contract that was signed when the club was on the up and those type of wages are not available now....

He could break down next week or the day after he signs an extension.... Club may not win on this one.... This has to be taken into consideration...

He hope he stays but would understand if he left for better terms elsewhere...
2017/2018.... Keep Calm, no matter the season, we'll follow our team.....

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 am

The problem i believe is around money. As i have posted in the past the club is going to have to be self financing going forward. I am hearing that the max salary is not going to be a lot more than £5k a week . On this basis i am sure that a lot of our players will leave as they can simply secure more money elsewhere.
We are what we are now, a club who has been failed by its owners . I think everyone needs to wake up to the new reality. We simply will not perform financially with anyone in the top half of the Championship and any players who are good enough to participate in a team with a promotion push possibility will go.

222gers
Level 4 dot.orger
Level 4 dot.orger

Post by 222gers » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:03 am

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:43 am
The problem i believe is around money. As i have posted in the past the club is going to have to be self financing going forward. I am hearing that the max salary is not going to be a lot more than £5k a week . On this basis i am sure that a lot of our players will leave as they can simply secure more money elsewhere.
We are what we are now, a club who has been failed by its owners . I think everyone needs to wake up to the new reality. We simply will not perform financially with anyone in the top half of the Championship and any players who are good enough to participate in a team with a promotion push possibility will go.
Depressing but true.

dm
dot.org player kit 2007
dot.org player kit 2007

Post by dm » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:46 am

Next season will be the last one we receive a parachute payment which will be £10m, the same as this season. Given this is our biggest source of income - ticket sales bring in around £5m - it seems to me the real challenge will be from season 2019/20 onwards.

I expect Robinson and Onuoha are among the highest earners and both are out of contract in the summer along with Perch, Mackie and lots of U23s. I can see all four players leaving and the club having to cash in on one or two of our more saleable players like Smithies, Luongo and Freeman.

Our future now rests on the ability of our scouting work to identify and bring in new and more affordable players who can make it in the Championship.

kernowhoop
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by kernowhoop » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:52 pm

dm wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:46 am
Next season will be the last one we receive a parachute payment which will be £10m, the same as this season. Given this is our biggest source of income - ticket sales bring in around £5m - it seems to me the real challenge will be from season 2019/20 onwards.

I expect Robinson and Onuoha are among the highest earners and both are out of contract in the summer along with Perch, Mackie and lots of U23s. I can see all four players leaving and the club having to cash in on one or two of our more saleable players like Smithies, Luongo and Freeman.

Our future now rests on the ability of our scouting work to identify and bring in new and more affordable players who can make it in the Championship.
Keep telling us, DM. It is so easy for many fans to slip back into 'old think' and imagine that we can splash the cash for success.
It's simple. Score more goals than they do.

SheepRanger
dotorgsponsor
dotorgsponsor

Post by SheepRanger » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:34 pm

222gers wrote:
Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:03 am
ANDREW1302 wrote:
Depressing but true.
League One wages and that's where we'll end up unless we can generate £5-10m every year in player sales which is unlikely knowing our track record. The Board might as well sell up and cut their losses.

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:03 pm

I think a large part of the problem is that TF believes his own ego and really thinks we will find all these great players and come good on a shoestring. He can't sell at the moment with FFP and once that is resolved who knows if we will even exist. If he gets away with FFP i would guess he will realise or his investors will that we are going nowhere and he will bail out. Not before time in my opinion. He ranks amongst the worst Chairman ever. At least the idiots from Italy got us promoted!

Satch
Level 3 dot.orger
Level 3 dot.orger

Post by Satch » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:18 pm

ANDREW1302 wrote:
Where are you hearing that?

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Hoos

UxbridgeR
Level 5 dot.orger
Level 5 dot.orger

Post by UxbridgeR » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Our Hoos ?
Are headphones getting bigger, or are idiots getting smaller ?

ANDREW1302
Level 1 dot.orger
Level 1 dot.orger

Post by ANDREW1302 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:30 am

yes. As i have suggested before at the next fans forum ask the direct questions , is it true that etc etc. I think he will answer honestly as the club have got to get the fans to understand where we sit nowadays. It is all about hoping we find a gem somewhere on the cheap . And if not just trying to survive in the Championship. That is what an ego spent £200m brings you.

SM
dot.org legend
dot.org legend

Post by SM » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:48 am

I think that the club were between a rock and a hard place with Jack Robinson.

Prior to this season his injury record was absolutely terrible - any contract offered would have been nothing more than a punt... And an expensive one if he was laid back on the treatment table for another year or so.

As it happened, he’s shown great commitment and is probably in with a shout of being named our POTY... all coinciding with January and other clubs now able to pick him up on a free.

My gut feeling, from the noises being made, is that he will move on. But I don’t blame QPR or LF / LH. Just see Grant Hall as an example of why they would have wanted to hold off...
Isle Of Wight R'ssssssssss